By SixNineOne
The formal legal process only highlights even more what a bunch of complete pillocks they all were. I suspect, though, that a psychologist could have a field day analysing the different factors in their collective decisions to behave like total idiots. Anyone who’s had to sit through some of the conferences I’ve attended in large, plush hotels will be familiar with the urge to get out and go to the pub, an urge that only gets stronger when you’re in a larger group. The problem is that whereas we probably understood the minimal downside risk of missing a presentation by some boring senior colleague, they all completely failed to analyse the very real risks of being caught and, importantly, the consequences their actions would have on others, be they players, spectators or the RFU finance department!
Flumpty liked this
By TeflonTed
And all the post judgement grovelling is sick-making.

They’re not sorry they did it, they’re sorry they got caught.

Deeply troubling incident, the culture of our game is changing, and not for the better, when senior players behave like this.
By Lazyboy346
Surprised they gave Robshaw and Wigglesworth mitigation for being most capped as England captain and for having most Premiership appearances. Surely you've proven at that point you are old enough and presumably trusted enough not to lie about stuff like this or to decide to sneak out like a kid being truant.

They've set a bad example to others and should really have just had the full sentence. Its hardly massive compared to the reputational damage they've caused to the Barbarians and the sport as a whole.
By Narbia
I'm surprised the Old Bill haven't taken an interest in this event. Not only have they violated their RFU instructions and ethics, but they may have broken the law too.

Isn't this the sort of thing that gets others a summary £10K fine?
By SimonG
Narbia wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:41 am
I'm surprised the Old Bill haven't taken an interest in this event. Not only have they violated their RFU instructions and ethics, but they may have broken the law too.

Isn't this the sort of thing that gets others a summary £10K fine?
I might be wrong but I thought the £10k fines that have been dished out are for those hosting events.
By Narbia
SimonG wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:57 am
I might be wrong but I thought the £10k fines that have been dished out are for those hosting events.
Nah, you're quite correct. It's the organiser(s) that are targeted. Now that I remember.
Falcons

Safe travel to all fans heading up!

Cliff

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]