By Florida
Figured the U20s deserved their own thread rather than being tacked onto the England training squad one.

Four of our boys make the cut this time for the match day 26

https://www.london-irish.com/news/four- ... nd/bp3019/

Brooke keeps his place
Green drops to the bench
Cokanasiga remains on the bench (hopefully he doesn't get done for dissent again)
and Haffar is called up to the bench

Really excited to see Haffar, the very few clips I've seen of him he looked awesome.
By Florida
Another win for England, this time against a strong Irish side. Haffar got a good 20 minutes this time out and looked excellent - strong in the scrum and made an absolute barn Stormer of a break.
LKR, GHA liked this
By M_W
Yep another decent performance, mainly from the pack. Haffar and Green went great in the scrum after coming on.

Here's that break (strong carry from Phil at the start. Haffar is going to be box office and it wouldn't surprise me if he got a run in the back row at some point next season for us.

And a few of the scrums as a bonus.

MattM, Mañoexile liked this
By MattM
Depending on who we draw in Europe I could see Haffer and Green getting a good 20 mins or so off the bench in those games too, especially against any teams with a more mobile forward unit of their own.
M_W liked this
By GC89
The break was great, but to be honest, we had kind of seen that from him before. The scrummaging is what has really impressed me over the past few weeks. Obviously Gigena and Dell are experienced internationals, but if Haffar gets a few games in Europe I could see him starting to push on next season.
Narbia, MattM liked this
By MattM
thats the dream I think. A few opportunities to become more seasoned through the next 12 months before pushing for inclusion in league games the following season.
By GHA
MattM wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:08 am
thats the dream I think. A few opportunities to become more seasoned through the next 12 months before pushing for inclusion in league games the following season.
Is he worth as many opportunities as Leicester have given Van Poortvliet?
By Lazyboy346
Definitely like to see both him and Green getting gametime this season in the cups and possibly at the tail end of a few premiership games.

They are young so don't want them to be pushed too hard as props usually develop later than most positions. Really want them to stay long term so best to avoid breaking them from too much pressure too early.
By Florida
Another hit and miss display by our young lads again. Green this time decided to be a little silly and get a penalty reversed, Haffar however went on another lovely little run. Looking to seeing more of both of them next season.
By M_W
Haffar did well again off the bench. Loved the fight to get to the tryline from a standing start when he was held up. Had no right to get there. His side was also much more convincing in the scrum.

Not so sure about Green. He might get by and do well on being a big physical TH, but it could go either way with him.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]