By M_W
I usually follow schools rugby (as much as it's possible to follow online), but given there was very little of it played during the pandemic, I'm pretty out of touch. There was no ACE league at all last season, so technically our St Pauls team are still champions.

Change of affiliated school now, and all those players have moved on (Haffar, Walsh, Davis, Harmes, Morgan and Dykes into our senior academy).

As far as Bishops Wand players go, Ollie Allan (9) and Afolabi Fasogbon (prop) played for England U18s last month against Italy. Haven't seen either of them play at all though.
By M_W
Bishops Wand have done pretty well in their first season. Only losing out narrowly to Hartpury (Gloucester) in their play off group.

In other U18 news, looks like there's a north and south England U18 squad selected initially to train. South squad below. Lads I recognise as ours:

Gleeson (Lock - Had trained with Ireland U18)
Tawse (FB)
Taylor (FH)
Fasogbon (Prop)
Byrne (Back Row)
Kirkham (Back Row)

Fasogbon and Kirkham are from the ACE team.

Stevie J, LKR liked this
By M_W
So he is. Cheers

Finn Tawse may actually be Quins rather than us. Saw a Wellington game the other day online where he was cited several times as playing for us by the commentator, but a quick google makes me doubt that. Shame as he looks decent.
By LKR
The boys played very well despite having to play into the storm for the first 15 minutes or so. They won 38-6 which makes them deservedly 3rd in the league. They played the same team (Filton) at the start of the league campaign and won 26-17 so today's performance highlights how they have developed over the season and the results of all the hard work by Rich and the coaching team as well as all the boys. Well-done to the whole squad
M_W, GHA liked this
By M_W
Ended up winning 38-6 to finish third in the ACE league this season. Really strong performance in their first year in the competition and could have gone all the way if they hadn't ended up on the wrong end of a very tight result against Hartpury.

Conditions were terrible and they were playing into a hurricane in the 1st half, managing to go into the break 10-6 up before cutting loose in the second half.

We dominated the contact situations throughout, with the back row especially looking good. Fasogbon (playing 8) is an absolute weapon and will surely be a sure thing as far as academy contracts for next season go. Scored a couple of tries and Filton weren't able to put him to ground all game.
GHA, LKR liked this
LC-D health scare

Just re-signed for another year.

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

I can only imagine with the winger situation that […]

In other news..... Crusaders 37 Chiefs 26. Nine t[…]

Humbug