By Florida
6 week ban reduced to 3 weeks because he's a good boy really and was rather sorry about the whole thing. Misses the two prem cup games and the Quins match, but could be available for Quins if he completes a "you must tackle better" programme
By GC89
Interesting decision on whether we keep him. I previously would have said yes, but I think I am now leaning the other way as his form (on the rare occasions he does play) seems to have dropped a bit this season.
By SixNineOne
When they arrived, most of us thought that Coleman was the real prize and that Simmons was a bit of an also ran. Looking at this season, it’s Simmons who’s been putting in the hard yards every week and, like others, I’m beginning to wonder whether Coleman would be value for money in the longer term
By GC89
100% - my view on Coleman has definitely been influenced by the form of Simmons this season.
By Stevie J
Sometimes the best ability is availability.

Sadly so far Coleman's availability has gotten in the way of seeing what he can undoubtedly do. I'm hoping he can actually come back for the Quins game (we'll need our best team for sure) and show us all whats he's capable of.
By GC89
If he did go, Jason Jenkins at Munster (only on a one year deal) would be a really good pick-up and a lot cheaper, although has spent a lot of the season injured...
By MattM
GC89 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:45 am
If he did go, Jason Jenkins at Munster (only on a one year deal) would be a really good pick-up and a lot cheaper, although has spent a lot of the season injured...
sounds like a perfect fit....
By Lazyboy346
I'd rather go for one of their Irish qualified locks as there seem to be a fair few there and across the provinces all competing for not many spaces. Would hope we could entice one of them over with the chance to work alongside Mafi and Simmons, and hopefully stay as long term partner alongside Munya.

Do we have anyone in the academy pipeline who looks promising at lock? We seem to have have abundance of potential in most positions otherwise
By M_W
Lazyboy346 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm
I'd rather go for one of their Irish qualified locks as there seem to be a fair few there and across the provinces all competing for not many spaces. Would hope we could entice one of them over with the chance to work alongside Mafi and Simmons, and hopefully stay as long term partner alongside Munya.

Do we have anyone in the academy pipeline who looks promising at lock? We seem to have have abundance of potential in most positions otherwise
Clearly no one in the senior academy and it's been pretty hard to keep track of U18 rugby, but Jarlath Gleeson may be one to watch. He's involved in the Ireland U18 squad and is a real bean pole that you can tell is going to be massive when he fills out.

He's the lifter here in the scrum cap...

Even if he or someone else does end up being decent from the U18s, in the short and medium term we'd need to look elsewhere.
By Lazyboy346
Thanks MW. I'd definitely want us to get in a young Irish lock then given there are some decent players in their early 20s who could become available between the provinces, the Championship and the French leagues. That would potentially leave a little extra cash to bring in another EQ lock so we can rotate a bit especially if Mafi plays 6 more often - happy to get someone more like Maddison in profile, a big guy who is a good squad player but won't get called up internationally.
By Steely Dander
Pleased to see the big fella back. He really does add physicality to our set piece- probably the biggest ‘lump’ we’ve had since BBC…?

For Quins Matt S has been a real unsung hero - strange he’s never mentioned in dispatches for England selection.

He’s miles better than Ewels for example. Mind you, so is Josh McNally :yes:
Never ending word association thread

Preacher https://youtu.be/dtW5upD5oW4?si=hjdhmslhh[…]

Quins game

From what I remember from Axe's media talk before […]

Was sadly unable to make it, hope all went well :[…]

30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinai[…]