By M_W
So on to Europe at the weekend.

Just seen that the EPCR are selling game passes for a fiver this season. So there's at least likely to be a reliable way to watch.

https://epcrugby.tv/
By Stevie J
Couple of things. EPCR TV is for those countries without broadcast contracts. So the UK is specifically barred. A VPN May work but depending on giving them your billing information it might not.

Now we know beIN Sports is showing the match in France. So there’s a good chance Russian Facebook comes through with the stream.
By M_W
Good spot. Business as usual then

Although with the Challenge Cup especially it seems mad that they don't open up pay per view to all markets (or at the very least the market of the away team), given they only show one game a weekend if you're lucky.
By Narbia
I'd be very surprised it it wasn't available to all. It's a revenue stream, and maybe the only one for them.

At 5€, you can't really go wrong.

Edit: I've read the EPCR website, and it's not entirely clear. :googledeyed:
By M_W
Teams up. And sounds like you are to be able to access the EPCR stream from the UK, so will chuck them a fiver and see what happens

By Narbia
They're in it to win it with that choice of team!

And yes, you can pay legitimately from the UK. My payment has gone through. :yes:
By M_W
Narbia wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:21 pm
They're in it to win it with that choice of team!

And yes, you can pay legitimately from the UK. My payment has gone through. :yes:
Paying and the stream actually working are two different things!

But, yeah. Looks like it should be fine. It's good to have the option in these games. I'd quite happily pay a legit provider a fiver to watch a reliable stream of a game that isn't being broadcast and it's good to see the EPCR offering it.
By SixNineOne
An interesting selection, with several of our big names on the bench rather than starting. Hopefully we’ll still be in the game by the time that the likes of Paddy and Steve Mafi come on. My main worry is our front row. Neither Ollie nor Gigena are particularly strong scrummagers, which could be a problem against a French team, although they’re both good in the loose (provided Gigena doesn’t drop the ball!). Sadly, I won’t be able to watch it live - does anyone know whether your fiver buys you the right to watch it after the event?
By Narbia
SixNineOne wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:54 pm
Sadly, I won’t be able to watch it live - does anyone know whether your fiver buys you the right to watch it after the event?
https://epcrugby.tv/
Matches are only available live.
Edit: wouldn't mind seeing a replay of some games myself too. Seems like R92 hit their strides tonight.

I don't know how many of you watch the Top14, but the standard of some of the rugby is quite sublime.

As for tomorrow afternoon, I can't see Leicester beating UBB.

Also Bath play Leinster in Dublin, and the odds on that are something else. Last year Leinster well outplayed Exeter to go on and be well beaten by Stade Rochelais - who should have won the competition were it not for some poor kicking from their 10s. :raving:

Edit2:

Edinburgh have just beaten (clear Bookies' favourite)Saracens, away. That makes this competition just a little bit more interesting.

https://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union ... cup/winner
By M_W
Stream seems good.

Who else saw Jimmy Marshall on the graphic playing hooker for us today...

Last edited by M_W on Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Narbia
M_W wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:00 pm
Stream seems good.

Who else saw Jimmy Marshall on the graphic playing hooker for us today...
I did. Did a second take. As above a solid stream. Hookers in general in British rugby seem to be dropping like flies. Injuries everywhere.
By M_W
Odd game. Punctuated by a few overly officious calls. Both pens for in front of the kicker for each team were really inconsequential. Then the Creevy not straight too near the end of the half.

Just need to get the next score and put it to bed though.
By Florida
The stream is good and so is the game. There's a lot of power in that Pau squad and it feels like they're very close to scoring a stunning breakaway try, but so far our defense has been rock solid (Cracknell has put in some text book tackles). Sadly we've broken another hooker and he only joined this week :/
By Florida
M_W wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:56 pm
Both pens for in front of the kicker for each team were really inconsequential.
Both those calls made me chuckle, never seen the ref demand a player stop and if they don't instantly do as he demands get penalised.

He's made some other dodgy calls but he's not favouring one side over the other so I'm happy about that.
By Narbia
Florida wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:58 pm
There's a lot of power in that Pau squad
^^This. the #8 is a pure engine on legs, and the props seem like ball carrying animals.

So different a game from a GP game.
By GHA
33-17, very good win and performance I thought. Ref was a bit green but for both sides, and our defense barely gave them anything. Lucky to get 17 IMO
By Narbia
1. Pau were a far better team than they were a year ago.

2. The right balance of subs and timing took the game away from them

3. The bleedin' obvious : fringe players need game time too.

4. Winning is better. :)

Have a good weekend.... :clap:
GHA liked this
By M_W
That was a really strong performance on the road. Never looked like losing it. We've got a level of depth to the squad that we haven't had in a long time.
By Florida
Thought it could have been interesting had Pau got a try when the score was 21 - 10, but didn't happen we kept in control and took it away from them.

Quite impressed with the performance given we had a backline that have mostly not played together.
By M_W
Creevy will likely get any headlines, but I thought Hoskins and Cracknell were the best players on the pitch for us. Cracknell carried on his recent form and managed to get over the white wash. Hoskins was at the centre of everything in the loose and was able to get over the gain line on pretty much every carry.
By GHA
Highlights for anyone who didn't catch the game

By Ruckinggood
Interesting that there are no highlights of the fisticuffs with Simonds receiving a few scratched to his eye area.. I am gob smacked that is was obvious on the replay yet let go?

However, the team put on a very solid performance especially as they arrived in Pau a few hours before KO. Cracknell, Creevy and Hoskins were immense with the mins put in and impact in the set piece and loose - Line outs were a tad hit and miss but a well deserved win against a solid French side who are on a role in the Top 14. - Will take the BP any day and winning is a habit that we may be picking up.. :clap:
By Florida
Case dismissed

The committee decided that although Ramsay had made contact with Simmons’ eye or eye area, his actions did not warrant a red card, and on that basis, the complaint was dismissed
By M_W
Just been reading that. The full judgment will be interesting.

So there was a scuffle in which Simmons received marking round his eye (confirmed by the ref on the pitch) and a video of contact being made with the eye or eye area (that the French TV directors predictably failed to find at the time). He sounds pretty lucky
Never ending word association thread

Preacher https://youtu.be/dtW5upD5oW4?si=hjdhmslhh[…]

Quins game

From what I remember from Axe's media talk before […]

Was sadly unable to make it, hope all went well :[…]

30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinai[…]