By M_W
Well it's been a crap day for the fans, but there are probably more pressing concerns for our players (and staff) who have been messed about a fair bit in recent months. Guys like Pearson and Arundell will have plenty of options, but many more will either have to take employment where they can get it (either on reduced terms or having to uproot families etc) or perhaps even step away from the game completely. Especially tough on some of the academy lads who may well have their dream ended prematurely by this. Here's hoping as many as possible are sorted asap.

Contracted players below. Will tick them off as and when they are picked up.

Ben Atkins - Rams (ND1)
Matt Cornish - Ealing
Agustín Creevy - Sale
Ignacio Ruiz - Perpignan
Lovejoy Chawatama - Harlequins
Luke Green - Ampthill
Ciaran Parker - Cardiff
Danilo Fischetti - Zebre
Will Goodrick-Clarke - Ealing
Ollie Hoskins - Saracens
Josh Caulfield - Bristol
Adam Coleman - Bordeaux
Chunya Munga - Northampton
Api Ratuniyarawa - Bayonne
Ed Scragg - Scarlets
Josh Basham - Koto Blue Sharks
Ben Donnell - Gloucester
Jack Cooke - Landsdowne (AIL)
So'otala Fa'aso'o - Perpignan
Juan Martín González - Saracens
Izaia Moore-Aiono - Ampthill
Tom Pearson - Northampton
Matt Rogerson (c)- Leicester
Josh Smart - Ampthill
Caolan Englefield - Gloucester
Joe Powell - Leicester
Ben White - Toulon
Jacob Atkins - Rovigo
Paddy Jackson - Lyon
Rory Jennings - Newcastle
Tom Hitchcock - Ealing
Benhard Janse van Rensburg - Bristol
Will Joseph - Harlequins
Luca Morisi - Zebre
Eddie Poolman
Matt Williams - Rosslyn Park (ND1)
Ben Loader - Stormers
Lucio Cinti - Saracens
Henry Arundell - Racing 92
Kyle Rowe - Glasgow
Tom Collins - Ealing
Michael Dykes - Gloucester

Calum Scott - Rams (ND1)
Joe Vajner - University of Exeter (BUCS)
Afolabi Fasogbon - Gloucester
Tarek Haffar - Northampton
Mikey Summerfield - Bath
Chandler Cunningham-South - Harlequins
Jarlath Gleeson - Lyon
Lucas Brooke - University of Exeter (BUCS)
Ollie Allan - Leicester
Monty Bradbury - Gloucester
Conor Cross - Loughborough (BUCS)
George Makepeace-Cubitt - Rams (ND1)
Jake Shortland
Jack Walsh - Cardiff Met (BUCS)
Alexander Harmes - Ampthill
Ralph McEachran - Sale
Rory Taylor - Gloucester
Finn Worley Brady - Exeter
Toby Maddock
Charlie Moss - Montpellier

Unannounced Signings:
Rodrigo Martinez - Dragons

Coaches/Staff:
Les Kiss - Queensland Reds
Jonathan Fisher - Queensland Reds
Brad Davis - Queensland Reds
Declan Danaher - Rosslyn Park (ND1)

Ross McMillan - Exeter
Jack Pattinson - Saracens
Bill Pulling (Comms) - England Rugby
Fred Ellis (Content Creation) - England Rugby
Paul Cremin (Head Physio) - Portsmouth FC
Last edited by M_W on Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 57 times in total.
By GC89
Good for him. Lots of potential and more than capable of getting some England caps. Probably a season away from being a first choice player for a Prem side, but no reason he can't push on over the next 12 months.
Iron Lung liked this
By Narbia
GHA wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:45 pm
Arundell to Racing would be nice
Has the young man got the cojones to go for it though? I suspect he'll end up at Bath and be coached into nondescript mediocrity.

I'm definitely thinking of making a couple of trips to R92 : they've been pretty meh! this season, but are fond of a bit of running rugby. Stuart Lancaster at the helm should be interesting during the rebuild.

Edit: Back on topic, it seems from the Harlequins board that Will Joseph to Quins is a done deal.
By bigbitty
While it is great that our players are finding new teams, I cannot get rid of this image of vultures circling overhead.
Yeah, I know that life ain't fair, and life has to carry on, but to blow apart a team that was on the cusp of something remarkable is .....so disheartening.
By GHA
They circled over Wasps and Worcester last year too. Maybe we would've done the same if we had space in the salary cap or an owner with even deeper pockets
By M_W
It's really tough seeing this squad scattered to the wind. The best collection of players we've had in a long long time, well coached, pathway working, great morale in camp etc. It would have been easier if the club had hit a brick wall when we were doing badly.

Ultimately I'm happy to see the players get gigs though. Hoping that in the coming weeks a few of the lesser talked about guys can get ticked off the list. Coaches as well. Really hope guys like Danaher, Fisher, PoG and McMillan land on their feet.
shimmieandshake liked this
By Narbia
Following on from the above post...
“I’ll always be incredibly grateful to London Irish and treasure my time there. They gave me a shot two years ago coming out of university, when I was an unknown and probably a bit of a risk. It’s tragic to not know the true potential of that team we had, but I want to thank all the players, staff, and the fans for everything they gave me over the last two years and for helping me create lifelong memories.”
- Saints sign Tom Pearson ahead of 2023/24 season
By M_W
Updated for PJ now confirmed to Lyon and added Bill Pulling too. Nice to see him getting a job at the RFU.
GHA liked this
By M_W
Updated for Jennings to Newcastle and LJ to Quins. Both decent signings and nice to see LJ not having to uproot a young family.
GHA, Lazyboy346 liked this
By Florida
M_W wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:14 am
Updated for Jennings to Newcastle and LJ to Quins. Both decent signings and nice to see LJ not having to uproot a young family.
The previous announements I'd been happy that folk had got new teams, but didn't give a monkeys who they were with. However, I'm really happy that LJ is heading to Quins (as much as I dislike them), he's so strong in the scrum and now under the guidance of Jones I can see him going up a level.

Pleased for Jennings as well, I think he'll do pretty well at Newcastle
M_W liked this
By M_W
Updated for CCS to Quins too. Expect they'll finish by confirming Joseph later today as well.

Edit - Joseph now also confirmed
Last edited by M_W on Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By M_W
5 lads to Gloucester (Fasogbon, Taylor, Dykes, Donnell & Englefield) all added

Edit - Creevy to Sale also added
By Narbia
I wonder who'll get the head coach role at Edinburgh Rugby. From the supporters forum :
Les Kiss and Marius Goosen are the main candidates according to Jamie Lyall. Both decent options.
I'd imagine the SRU want to take their time choosing, especially after rushing the last decision.
By Narbia
Narbia wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:32 am
GHA wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:45 pm
Arundell to Racing would be nice
Has the young man got the cojones to go for it though? I suspect he'll end up at Bath and be coached into nondescript mediocrity.
Arundell confirmed. here.
Ils rejoignent le Racing 92 pour la saison 2023 – 2024 :

Henry ARUNDELL – Arrière – Racingman jusqu’en 2024
By M_W
Also White to Toulon and B Atkins to Rams (ND1) added.

Edit - And J Atkins to Rovigo also added
By M_W
Narbia wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:29 am
Ben Loader to Stormers is a completed deal, no?
Not that I've seen. Will add him if anyone can find the announcement. Looking fairly certain though. Interesting move for him.
By M_W
Rogerson and Powell announced by Tigers and added.

Also added Allan to them as well as he's confirmed it in his Instagram bio, so has presumably picked up an academy contract.
By Narbia
G Warriors intro
“First of all, though, I want to wish everyone associated with London Irish all the very best with whatever they do next – I don’t think I’d be where I am today without them, because they gave me a chance to prove what I can do. I’ll be forever grateful to them.
I'm really pleased for him. Hope to see him in speedster form in one of the European cup games. :yes:
Iron Lung liked this
By M_W
Calum Scott is the latest player to sign for Rams RFC in ND1, who will be looking to push on for promotion to the Championship after narrowly missing out last year.
By M_W
Stevie J wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:07 am
Logan Trotter to Glasgow.
Great to see him pick up the contract there after the injury.

Haven't been including players already released pre collapse, although will probably do a wrap up at some point. Saw ICH seemed to be out playing club rugby in Australia the other day.
By M_W
Les Kiss confirmed as taking over at the Reds.

Mentioned in an initial interview foreign player slots open there. Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Ruiz, Gonzales or Basham show up there.
By Narbia
M_W wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:45 am
Les Kiss confirmed as taking over at the Reds.

Mentioned in an initial interview foreign player slots open there. Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Ruiz, Gonzales or Basham show up there.
Yep, would make sense for Les to take a few players he's familiar with. Gonzalez e.g. is a young player with so much potential. Scored in Aus v Argentina recently. Knows where the try line is.
By M_W
Jarlath Gleeson has been taken on by Lyon and Ross McMillan has joined Exeter as an Assistant Forwards Coach.
By Florida
Saracens definitely needed another international in their squad, it was beginning to look a bit light.
By SimonG
Florida wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:17 pm
Saracens definitely needed another international in their squad, it was beginning to look a bit light.
I believe they have almost used half of their salary cap now.
Premiership Semi at Bath

Ticket booked in West Stand - for a change, always[…]

Never ending word association thread

Crying https://youtu.be/pra6ezRMejg?si=83w-5eNl_rJ[…]

I agree few points does not mean a game lacks ex[…]

Sarries game

I watched the match afterwards, knowing the result[…]