By Florida
I've written this post several times, including an essay on my life and times and how I got into rugby and then supporting Irish. Deleted each post before hitting that submit button.

I won't subject you to an essay this time though.

I've just deleted something I've spent an hour typing (it was another essay).

How are you all doing? Most of my friends are / were Wasps supporters so I've got a few folk that understand what we're going through. Have you all got someone to talk to? If you need a chat or rant I, and probably lots of the folk on this board, are here for you.
By Stevie J
It’s a curious thing isn’t, no one’s died but something has been taken from us. It still hurts for sure, I know of friends who have had to tell crying children, and have spent a few tears themselves. I made my peace with it probably three weeks ago, for the most part, that something was likely not happening. Despite that the signings of our players elsewhere still hurts. To see gleeful PR teams hype up our players and fan bases get excited over players they would not have swapped for their boys some months back.

I know the reason was probably financial, but looking back I’m glad we didn’t do that to Wasps and Worcester. I know how it feels now and it would have been awful for them.

I think after that what I’m left with is not sad or angry or I need of a shoulder to cry on, I just have a …void. I watched the Top 14 final and still enjoy the sport. I just think without Irish in my life I won’t have that weekly fix anymore, the rollercoaster of emotions from dreadful away loss to convincing myself by Friday noon “You know, that team can get a result”.

I’m likely to take in some London Scottish, and maybe a Glasgow game or two when I fly back home. And we’ll see what happens with a Phoenix club if someone takes on the asset.
By GHA
Pleased we weren't vultures for Worcester and Wasps but I'm sure we would've been if Mick wanted to carry on. The loss of Rona and Rowe without permanent and medical replacements was a bad sign, and the fact us (and maybe Newcastle?) were the only sides to not get anyone in says something. Congratulations to Northampton and Bristol for getting to mid-June and being so far below the reduced cap they've been able to take on two of our best players and two of our shining lights.

In an ideal world we'd still be going. The runner-up to that is all of our players move abroad. I'm hoping Arundell goes to France because that will give me a Top 14 to pay slightly more attention to.

The 'why didn't Irish cut their cloth accordingly' comments are a bit tedious considering every single club is running at a loss and every single club needs one person's financial covering to keep going. If Mick hadn't said he was thinking of selling, or if Worcester and Wasps hadn't gone under, would we still be going? By that I mean would the RFU have set the ultimatum? What's stopping Newcastle or Bristol from saying 'we are currently looking for new investment to take over' in July or whenever...
By Narbia
@Florida if you feel like sticking your essay up at some point, you should do so : it may not be long before we all scatter to the four corners of the earth.

The supporters of LI who've grown up with the team as part of a household following, are the ones badly hit with the demise, in my own personal experience.

Well as for replacements, we all seem to be watching the Top14 with some enthusiasm, however the T14 won't be available on Viaplay next season (the URC will continue). Looks like a subscription to Canal+ or similar.

It's way too expensive at the moment to travel long distances to see live rugby weekly, so maybe once a month to the URC/T14 grounds. I used to go to London Scottish as a supplement when LI were on the road. Fortunately with Quins at the helm, they seem to be coming back to reality( - goodness knows what they were playing at the last 2,3 years. ) so I'll be going there on occasion.

I'll forgo PRL rugby entirely, but will still continue (10+ years) with URC/Top 14 teams coming to or near London. As we wait for the future of Wild Geese/Phoenix to unfold or not, the Narbias have been fortunate enough to take in the RWC 23 in France.

tl;dr : we will still be watching pro rugby live somewhere, somehow.
By poyntonshark
Whilst I understand the pain you guys feel watching what could have been an excellent team this next season being torn apart, I do have to question the calling of the teams taking them - "Vultures". Would you rather that all of these young men in their playing prime were left unemployed?
By GHA
I think most would rather the salary cap was properly enforced, all clubs lived within their means (rather than in debt), and lamp posts were made of chocolate
Never ending word association thread

Seven https://youtu.be/0e4Odk-v3oU?si=7nsF0jSeZinF[…]

Falcons

Not sure the citing comission can get involved - y[…]

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]