Florida wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:51 pm
Apparently the RFU are saying he can't play in this season's 6nations unless he signs a hybrid deal and commits to one of the prem clubs for next season. Personally I'd stick two fingers up to them and just enjoy the rugby and lifestyle out in france
With the benefit of not having to be part of Borthwick's Bores.
Florida wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:51 pm
Apparently the RFU are saying he can't play in this season's 6nations unless he signs a hybrid deal and commits to one of the prem clubs for next season. Personally I'd stick two fingers up to them and just enjoy the rugby and lifestyle out in france
Well that appears to be the case.

The RFU are forcing the pace with that. I thought he had a year's grace in France because of exceptional circumstances.

Sorry Henry, you'll never be the next Jason Robinson without receiving the ball. [See OHC now of Tigers for a living example.]
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67695323

:drunk:
Speaking on the Rugby Union Weekly podcast, former England player Chris Ashton questioned Arundell's decision to stay in France at this stage of his career.

"I'd like to know how many players there is that are 20-21 who have left their country and become a success?" said Ashton.

"Henry's gone from playing on the bench at Irish, Irish going under, gone to a World Cup, gone to Paris where he's got to learn a new language, playing at a club with a lot of superstars.

"I just can't see how that is the right thing to be doing right now. There are times in your career to be doing that stuff.

"I needed somebody at that age to like properly mentor, spend a lot of time, put a lot of effort into me.
Interesting comments from Chris Ashton who left Wigan and the sport of rugby league, aged 20.
GHA wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:04 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67695323

:drunk:
Speaking on the Rugby Union Weekly podcast, former England player Chris Ashton questioned Arundell's decision to stay in France at this stage of his career.

"I'd like to know how many players there is that are 20-21 who have left their country and become a success?" said Ashton.

"Henry's gone from playing on the bench at Irish, Irish going under, gone to a World Cup, gone to Paris where he's got to learn a new language, playing at a club with a lot of superstars

"I just can't see how that is the right thing to be doing right now. There are times in your career to be doing that stuff.

"I needed somebody at that age to like properly mentor, spend a lot of time, put a lot of effort into me.
Interesting comments from Chris Ashton who left Wigan and the sport of rugby league, aged 20.
Chris, were you aware of Señores Cinti-Luna and Gonzales-Samso who joined London Irish (before they folded), hardly spoke much English, aged both around 21 from Argentina ?

Now both playing for Saracens, and played for Argentina in RWC2023. Just shows it can be done if you have the maturity and the cojones to go for it!

:dance:
Never ending word association thread

Hibernian https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag[…]

Team S'Up for't Tigers

Also, if the gods favoured us: We beat Sarries wi[…]

PIERS O'CONOR - BEARS TRIBUTE

He may be Connacht-bound, but he'll always be a Br[…]

Yes the big announcement jarred with me too and su[…]