By Flumpty
From Neil Fisslers Twitter Page :-
Interesting to read on Rugby Pass that Leicester Tigers are still in the hunt for Mark Wilson. Couldn’t be more ill informed he completed a loan move to Sale Sharks last week.
8 replies . 2 retweets 26 likes.

If true, that will give Steve Diamon the absolute mother of all selection dilemmas, as Sale will be so well covered from 4-8 next season.

Whilst I'd love to see him in a Sale shirt, it also somehow seems "right" that it is an arrangement that will beneit MW and England, before he goes home again, following (hopefully) your return to the Premiership.

Could it be officially announced on 1st July (IIRC, the official first day of the season)
By Monkey1
It won't be too much of a dilemma because MW is likely to miss huge chunks of the season if required for England duties. I would imagine it is an arrangement that will suit both sides, allowing Diamond to rest players & also give MW some competitive game time, and should you have a bit of an injury list in that area it will be handy to have him on the list, even if not for all season.
By Flumpty
Monkey1 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:27 pm
It won't be too much of a dilemma because MW is likely to miss huge chunks of the season if required for England duties. I would imagine it is an arrangement that will suit both sides, allowing Diamond to rest players & also give MW some competitive game time, and should you have a bit of an injury list in that area it will be handy to have him on the list, even if not for all season.
The hard thing is that Sale will be very well covered across the back 5 in the scrum for 2019/2020 & how will they accomadate a player of the quality of MW, when they we already have a goodly collection of high quality players in the same position.

If it is true and MW is coming to Sale for a season on loan, I'll cheer him to the rafters when I see him in a Sale shirt (it'll be good to see a Kendal man playing for Sale).
By Aidanb
Mark will do well at Sale as he is a top player.

He will also pick up some hints and tips to bring back to the Falcons when he returns the following year.

I am assuming we win the Championship in that statement but I believe we are good enough to do so.
By Flumpty
Aidanb wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:39 am
Mark will do well at Sale as he is a top player.

He will also pick up some hints and tips to bring back to the Falcons when he returns the following year.

I am assuming we win the Championship in that statement but I believe we are good enough to do so.
& from when I've met him and from what I hear about him, a top bloke as well :yes:
By Leipziger
Mark's definitely a great guy Flumpty, he was in the pub I work in recently and other than me asking him about England (and the fact he's 6'3", built like a truck with massive hands!) you would never have known he was an international rugby player. Just acted like a regular bloke out for dinner with the family.

Hope he does well for you guys next year.

Bose

Sale Sharks Supporters Club Event

Promises to be a great night. And we have the Shar[…]

30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinai[…]

Quins game

FWIW, Quins' fan podcast are suggesting that there[…]