By Aidanb
Source Newcastle Falcons https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news ... 0-fixtures

NEWCASTLE FALCONS' 2019-20 FIXTURES

(home games in capitals)

Sat Sep 21: Jersey Reds (Cup, 3pm)

SUN SEP 29: DONCASTER KNIGHTS (CUP, 3PM)

Oct 4/5/6: Hartpury (Cup, kick-off TBC)

Sat Oct 12: London Scottish (3pm)

FRI OCT 18: HARTPURY (8PM)

Sun Oct 27: Cornish Pirates (2.30pm)

SAT NOV 2: JERSEY REDS (1PM)

Sat Nov 9: Bedford Blues (3.15pm - live on Sky Sports)

SUN NOV 17: COVENTRY (3PM)

FRI NOV 29: HARTPURY (CUP, 8PM)

Sat Dec 7: Doncaster Knights (Cup, 2.30pm)

SAT DEC 14: JERSEY REDS (CUP, 2PM)

Sat Dec 21: Ealing Trailfinders (3pm - live on Sky Sports)

FRI JAN 10: DONCASTER KNIGHTS (8PM)

Sun Jan 19: Yorkshire Carnegie (3pm)

Fri Jan 24: Nottingham (7.45pm)

SUN FEB 2: AMPTHILL (1PM)

Feb 7/8/9: Hartpury (kick-off TBC)

SUN FEB 16: CORNISH PIRATES (3PM)

Feb 21/22/23: Cup quarter-finals

Sat Feb 29: Jersey Reds (3pm)

FRI MAR 13: BEDFORD BLUES (8PM)

Sat Mar 21: Coventry (3pm)

SAT MAR 28: EALING TRAILFINDERS (5.30PM)

Sat Apr 4: Doncaster Knights (2.30pm)

FRI APR 10: YORKSHIRE CARNEGIE (3PM)

Apr 17/18/19: Cup semi-finals

FRI APR 24: NOTTINGHAM (8PM)

Sat May 2: Ampthill (3pm)

SAT MAY 9: LONDON SCOTTISH (3PM)

May 15/16/17: Cup final
By Flumpty
Have the Falcond pre-season friendlies been announced yet. I saw something recently that indicated that a game against Sale was planned, but nothing has been officially released.
By Aidanb
Hi GF, there are currently no friendlies scheduled. If we feel it’s right to add one in we will do, but as things stand we have no pre-season first team games.
As I’ve said on Twitter, I’m kind of gutted that we have still stuck to the vast majority of games being Friday nights and Sundays despite our relegation and Championship side preference to have games played on Saturdays. This is my personal view and I appreciate others may think it’s great but when you have a near 4hr drive both ways to KP it can be ridiculous.

I bit the bullet and booked 2 nights in penzance for the pirates game holding it would be Saturday, what a shock it’s on a Sunday. I will be a mostly away fan it looks like this coming season.

Never mind it’s all fun.
By Andy Penman
Agree with you CD, Friday night games are difficult for 3 fans in the family (2 x shift workers and 1 x well away from Newcastle).

It is what it is for me but I intend to get to Jersey come hell or high water especially as it is the weekend after we all get back from the Italy v Scotland match.

We do intend however to use the Supporters Club to get the 3 of us to the more accessible away matches in the Championship
By Exiled Falcon
Have booked flights and hotel for February for Jersey for four nights so any change in date should be well catered for! Really looking forward to it and when one of my workmates looked rather nonplussed I said how many times do you get to see your rugby team play in Jersey and get a weekend out if it? Would still have preferred us not to get relegated but there are some positives!
By DH4Falcon
If there’s 16 home games in a normal campaign (11 league, 3 Europe and 2 Cup) then wouldn’t it not makes sense to have half of them 8 of them on a Friday, 4con a Saturday and 4 on a Sunday?

Or better yet, hold a ballot amongst fans as to what our preferred day of the week to hold home games on.
By TeflonTed
DH4Falcon wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:15 pm
If there’s 16 home games in a normal campaign (11 league, 3 Europe and 2 Cup) then wouldn’t it not makes sense to have half of them 8 of them on a Friday, 4con a Saturday and 4 on a Sunday?

Or better yet, hold a ballot amongst fans as to what our preferred day of the week to hold home games on.
Always bearing in mind that geography significantly reduces attendance on a Friday evening, well it did at 6Ways anyway.

Our new owners did a survey, and although a few local old boozers (count me in) love Fridays, there was significant pressure from folk who have jobs, live further away, want to bring small kids, like shopping on a Sat, insist that Sat 3:00pm is the “proper” time to play rugby, etc etc.

This pressure resulted in Wuss announcing that Sat pm would be the preferred ko time for home games, and only broadcasters insistence would overrule that.

I know that sadly this season that doesn’t affect Wuss v Falcons, but it surely will do in the future.
DH4Falcon liked this
By CharlieDog
The Club specifically tries to avoid Saturday afternoons as it clashes with local rugby (and often football) - recognising that many supporters are also members of local clubs, hence Friday nights and Sundays will always be preferred. Also got to consider timing between games and travel/recovery time - Falcons players probably have the furthest to travel on a regular basis. Personally, living locally, I prefer Friday nights but understand this doesn't work for many.
By DH4Falcon
CharlieDog wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:23 am
The Club specifically tries to avoid Saturday afternoons as it clashes with local rugby (and often football) - recognising that many supporters are also members of local clubs, hence Friday nights and Sundays will always be preferred. Also got to consider timing between games and travel/recovery time - Falcons players probably have the furthest to travel on a regular basis. Personally, living locally, I prefer Friday nights but understand this doesn't work for many.
I totally understand why the club wants to avoid home games on Saturdays but I don’t think our crowds are affected too much when we do.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]