By Oldham Shark
According to BBC, these are released at 4pm today. Anybody got any news/rumours of whether they'll be behind closed doors or a few unwashed allowed in?
By Olyy
With the rate the gov are opening things up atm I'd be surprised if they were behind closed doors - they've given the go ahead for outdoor festivals/theatres/operas from tomorrow (with adequate social distancing) so I imagine that by mid August that open top stadiums will be OK - probably with caps on capacity/seating (every other seat empty or similar)
By Van Cannonball
Consolation might be that Bristol play Exeter at home same time we play Wasps. Can’t see them playing a weaker team at home to Exeter.

Compressed fixtures leading to more rotation, and lack of issue of relegation could lead to some odd results over the remaining games.
By LJK
At least there is a normal week turnround between match 1 and 2, so there can be no doubts about playing the best team available at Quins, and hopefully get a starting W to instill confidence as the season re-starts.
By Olyy
I can't wait to see how we play vs Quins - got a feeling we're going to be coming out of the blocks fast.
Think of the number of South African forwards we've got that haven't hit someone for four months - they must be chomping at the bit.
By Olyy
Van Cannonball wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:44 pm
I’m not so confident. We traditionally start slowly after a break, and our record at Quins is woeful.
Yeah, to be fair you're not wrong - if it's also on TV then that's another black mark against us, we're usually pants on BT.

That said: We've a settled squad, were in fine fine form before the break and have a smattering of genuine best-in-their-position-in-the-world players in the squad - if we were ever to hit the ground running then it's now.
By Yareet
Olyy wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:55 pm
Van Cannonball wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:44 pm
I’m not so confident. We traditionally start slowly after a break, and our record at Quins is woeful.
we're usually pants on BT.
Seriously? Are we still trotting out this line?

Our last 3 games on BT were:

48-10 v Quins
36-3 v Tigers
17-23 v Gloucester
Surbiton_Shark, ageinghoody and 1 others liked this
By ledzepsfr
Hope that the standard of rugby is at a higher level than that of AFL here.
All teams seem to play like training sessions when first back :(
By ale shark
Maybe I'm being thick but can anyone find anything about TV coverage for the remaining games? Sadly I think it's going to be behind-closed-doors for the rest of the season.

It restarts next week and I can't see anything other than "BT are covering most matches and C5 are showing 4". By most matches BT probably mean every Exeter, Saints, Tigers and Sarries games and a handful of Sale, LI and Warriors matches, irrespective of league position or form.

I'm happy to take out a short term BT contract for the remaining fixture block but need something to go off? The football had this sorted well in advance. :yikes:
By Olyy
I'm not sure how accurate it is, but when they first announced the dates for the next block of rounds they also released TV fixtures, but then removed them the following day.

Rd14 (all BT):
Harlequins vs Sale
Bristol vs Saracens
Worcester vs Gloucester

Rd15:
Gloucester vs Bristol
Sale vs Exeter
Leicester vs Bath
Saracens vs Harlequins (BT + Channel 5)

Rd16:
Bristol vs Exeter (BT + Channel 5)
Wasps vs Sale
Northampton vs Bath

Rd17:
Gloucester vs Leicester
Harlequins vs Northampton
Bath vs Wasps (BT + Channel 5)
ale shark liked this
By iBozz
Both The Iffy and Premiership Rugby show all kick off times as "TBC" and the BBC as all being at 3:00pm - possibly a holding time rather than a firm fact.

Does anyone know the start times or, if not, when they might be announced?
By ale shark
I live in the real Cheshire so am not fully aware of the rules. Do any of the Greater Manchester lock-down restrictions affect the players (most seem to live in the Trafford area) or their ability to train etc....?
By MikeGC
we Greater Manchester types are allowed to meet up in a park/large open space but specifically told NOT to visit people in their homes or gardens.
i.e. I cannot sit 2 metres away from my daughter and granddaughters in either of our (large) gardens but I can share a table with a complete stranger in a pub, café or restaurant. Or the bus, tram or train. :doh:

Nothing I have read mentions sports facilities. Although I note that my Club's S&C programme is on hold (it's indoors). I did witness some junior soccer players at a trial match yesterday evening, so there must be some available advice "out there".
By ageinghoody
MikeGC wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:26 am
we Greater Manchester types are allowed to meet up in a park/large open space but specifically told NOT to visit people in their homes or gardens.
i.e. I cannot sit 2 metres away from my daughter and granddaughters in either of our (large) gardens but I can share a table with a complete stranger in a pub, café or restaurant. Or the bus, tram or train. :doh:
O/T I suppose but I don't think you can share a table unless it's large enough to maintain the requisite distance!

As far as I'm aware if your daughter and granddaughters, by some amazing coincidence, turned up at the same pub, café, etc. as you, then there is no requirement for either of you to leave. Adjacent, distanced tables in the garden or other outdoor area permit a reasonable conversation.
By Basilbullneck
Ale Shark, the players would be going to work, I believe, and that is allowed under the local rules. Nice work if you can get it!
By wrinklieshark
BT Sport are showing Live Rugby at 7pm on Friday 14th August, which will be 'A Key Premiership Clash' according to the Radio Times.
By Lord Elpus
wrinklieshark wrote:BT Sport are showing Live Rugby at 7pm on Friday 14th August, which will be 'A Key Premiership Clash' according to the Radio Times.
That's Quins v Sale as previously posted - ko 19:45.
By Lord Elpus
Now confirmed all "behind closed doors" games to be shown on BT Sport and 4 on Channel 5 as well.

Season ticket holders at clubs will be able to qualify for **free** coverage of the games - Season ticket holders will be contacted shortly.

Tue Sep 8
Bris v Saints

Wed Sep 9
Wasps v Tigers
Exe v Glaws
Irish v Quins
Sale v Sarries
Bath v Worcs

Playoff-SFs on October 10 - following week is European Finals, then #PremRugby final on October 24.

Last edited by Lord Elpus on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By iBozz
The link within the page to which Lord Elpus points takes me to a page asking me to Register with mimecast.
Mimecast requires you to enroll this device to access message links
Your IT department has enabled Targeted Threat Protection for all users. This is a service that protects you from email attacks and provides live security training.

Enter your email address and we'll send you an authentication code to verify your identity.

Well, I don't have an IT Department and I myself have not required me "to enroll [sic] this device to access message links".

Having earned a dishonest crust as an itinerant purveying artificial recycled silicon snake oil to the congenitally gullible (aka freelance IT Security Consultant) I am reluctant to enter details on to unverified websites no matter how trusted is the source.

Why do I need to enter details to see a fixture list which is freely avaiable elsewhere? Maybe I'm being ultra cautious, but does anyone know the answer?

Asking for a friend! :mrgreen:
By ale shark
Sale Sharks are pleased to announce confirmation of our remaining 2019/20 fixtures and where you can watch them.

Fixtures:

Fri 14 Aug – KO 19:45 – Harlequins v Sale Sharks – BT Sport 2
Fri 21 Aug – KO 18:00 – Sale Sharks v Exeter Chiefs – BT Sport 2
Tue 25 Aug – KO 17:30 – Wasps v Sale Sharks – BT Sport 2
Sat 29 Aug – KO 15:00 – Sale Sharks v Bristol Bears – BT Sport 2
Sat 05 Sep – KO 15:00 - Leicester Tigers v Sale Sharks - BT Sport App
Sat 13 Sep – KO 15:00 – Sale Sharks v Bath – BT Sport App
TBC – Northampton Saints v Sale Sharks
Sun 4 Oct – KO 15:00 - Sale Sharks v Worcester

All Gallagher Premiership Rugby matches that are played behind closed doors are live on BT Sport.

Season members will receive an email detailing the new BT Sport match pass soon. Landmark arrangement is good news for fans, with more matches broadcast and games in 4K HDR.

In a ground-breaking agreement between Premiership Rugby and BT Sport, fans can watch more live matches than ever before, from 14 August, including all six matches in Round 14.

BT Sport is also working with Premiership Rugby and its clubs to offer eligible season ticket holders free access to home Gallagher Premiership matches broadcast on the BT Sport App. The BT Sport Match Pass is designed for season ticket holders of participating clubs who do not already have a BT Sport subscription and can’t attend their home matches in person due to the current restrictions. Eligibility for the Match Pass is at the individual clubs discretion and is not determined by BT. Further information will be made available via clubs soon.

Rugby fans will also have more ways to watch rugby’s restart than ever, with the BT Sport Monthly Pass offering no-contract access for one month at a time, for just £25. BT Sport’s Monthly Pass is available on a wide range of devices and platforms including Samsung smart TV, Sony PlayStation, Xbox, Now TV, Apple TV, as well as mobiles and tablets. BT Sport is also available via BT TV, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media.

Simon Green, head of BT Sport, said: “The return of Gallagher Premiership Rugby is an exciting moment for rugby fans and we’re pleased to be bringing more Premiership Rugby than ever before to BT Sport subscribers.

Premiership Rugby is today confirming the dates and kick-off times of almost every match for the remainder of the 2019-20 season. We are still in consultation with our clubs over the composition of Round 21 and the date of the Premiership Rugby Cup Final. The confirmed fixtures for Round 21 and the Premiership Rugby Cup Final will be announced at a later date.

Premiership Rugby can also confirm that the 2020-21 Gallagher Premiership Rugby season will start on Friday 20 November, concluding with the Final at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday 26 June.

Four of the 57 matches in the remainder of the season will also be shown free-to-air on Channel 5 – to be announced soon - while the Premiership Rugby highlights programme will also be on Channel 5 from Monday from 17 August.
By Whaley Shark
So this just arrived in my email

Sale Sharks are pleased to announce confirmation of our remaining 2019/20 fixtures and where you can watch them.

Fixtures:

Fri 14 Aug – KO 19:45 – Harlequins v Sale Sharks – BT Sport 2
Fri 21 Aug – KO 18:00 – Sale Sharks v Exeter Chiefs – BT Sport 2
Tue 25 Aug – KO 17:30 – Wasps v Sale Sharks – BT Sport 2
Sat 29 Aug – KO 15:00 – Sale Sharks v Bristol Bears – BT Sport 2
Sat 05 Sep – KO 15:00 - Leicester Tigers v Sale Sharks - BT Sport App
Sat 13 Sep – KO 15:00 – Sale Sharks v Bath – BT Sport App
TBC – Northampton Saints v Sale Sharks
Sun 4 Oct – KO 15:00 - Sale Sharks v Worcester
By Litzy Cole
Please forgive my ignorance, but I have BT Sport on my TV. Does 'BT Sport app' mean I have to watch it on a PC or tablet?
By ale shark
Dino - dunno but some TVs you can use the app through. Samsung you can.

You can also stream the app from a tablet to your TV if you have a decent TV but not a Samsung.
By IrishShark
iBozz wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:58 am
The link within the page to which Lord Elpus points takes me to a page asking me to Register with mimecast.
Your IT department has enabled Targeted Threat Protection for all users. This is a service that protects you from email attacks and provides live security training.

Enter your email address and we'll send you an authentication code to verify your identity.

Well, I don't have an IT Department and I myself have not required me "to enroll [sic] this device to access message links".

Having earned a dishonest crust as an itinerant purveying artificial recycled silicon snake oil to the congenitally gullible (aka freelance IT Security Consultant) I am reluctant to enter details on to unverified websites no matter how trusted is the source.

Why do I need to enter details to see a fixture list which is freely avaiable elsewhere? Maybe I'm being ultra cautious, but does anyone know the answer?

That link in the sale sharks article is the wrong link for bt sport and should be this https://www.bt.com/sport/
By Litzy Cole
This feels like waiting for Christmas day! I am very excited to see Sale back in action.

Is it my imagination, or did someone do a predictions table for the remaining fixtures?
By iBozz
IrishShark wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:57 am
iBozz wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:58 am

That link in the sale sharks article is the wrong link for bt sport and should be this https://www.bt.com/sport/

Many thanks.

I hope that the article link is changed and that no-one clicked through.
By ledzepsfr
dinogyro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:49 am
Please forgive my ignorance, but I have BT Sport on my TV. Does 'BT Sport app' mean I have to watch it on a PC or tablet?
Dino You should also be able to play on your phone and cast to TV using Google Chromecast or similar.
By Lord Elpus
Dino - if you have BT Sport in your tv package then you may watch it on tv as normal.
By Litzy Cole
Lord Elpus wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:32 am
Dino - if you have BT Sport in your tv package then you may watch it on tv as normal.
Great! That's good news for this technophobe.
By iBozz
dinogyro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:22 am
Lord Elpus wrote:

I'm not so much a technophobe as a TVphobe.

I have just turned on my Freeview only TV for the first time since way before lockdown and find that after a mandatory retune BT Sport doesn't appear to be there. It may not have been there before, I've never looked.

My broadband is depressingly poor with constant buffering which makes watching video (youtube, Vimeo, on-line theatre streaming, etc) only really worth it by downloading and watching later.

Does that mean that I'm pretty well out of the loop for watching BT Sport even with the access code apparently available to non-subscribing ST holders?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
By Yareet
iBozz wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:46 am
dinogyro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:22 am
Lord Elpus wrote:

I'm not so much a technophobe as a TVphobe.

I have just turned on my Freeview only TV for the first time since way before lockdown and find that after a mandatory retune BT Sport doesn't appear to be there. It may not have been there before, I've never looked.

My broadband is depressingly poor with constant buffering which makes watching video (youtube, Vimeo, on-line theatre streaming, etc) only really worth it by downloading and watching later.

Does that mean that I'm pretty well out of the loop for watching BT Sport even with the access code apparently available to non-subscribing ST holders?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
AFAIK the only two ways to watch BT Sports are via a subscription channel (be that on Sky, Virgin or BT TV) or on an app (phone, iPad, smart TV, etc). It’s unlikely to be on Freeview unless you have a subscription.

My understanding is that the Match Pass is Access to the app which can be played across a multitude of devices but does require a stable internet connection.

Tl:dr is your local rugby club showing the games?
By iBozz
Yareet wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:17 pm

AFAIK the only two ways to watch BT Sports are via a subscription channel (be that on Sky, Virgin or BT TV) or on an app (phone, iPad, smart TV, etc). It’s unlikely to be on Freeview unless you have a subscription.

My understanding is that the Match Pass is Access to the app which can be played across a multitude of devices but does require a stable internet connection.

Tl:dr is your local rugby club showing the games?

Ah well, I'll give it a try if I get a code, or whatever, but I don't hold out too much hope. I don't watch enough TV (or any TV, really) to make a subscription to any TV service worthwhile.

There is nothing on the SFC website, at least that I can find, about showing the games and, as far as I know, Heywood Road is still closed.

Can't see any mention of Sconert being out till Oc[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Blame-casting - love it!

Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]