Just as cover for Faf absence, then no, would only stifle opportunities for the academy. Wilf is more than adequate to cover for Faf, as we have seen, even an upgrade on occasion. If his role were to include coaching, bringing on those academy lads, then possibly, but higher priorities elsewhere I think.
By Elgar
Due respect to Will Cliff who has turned in some good performances lately; a 30 odd cap England international with multiple European Cup and Premiership medals he is not.

Faf will be away a lot on international duty next year.

If Wiggy is priced like you'd expect a 37/38 year old to be priced then I think any club would be very glad to have him.

The harsh reality for Cliff is that if the priority is exposing Quirke and Warr in Faf's absence then his days at Sale are numbered anyway. That said, it's been surprising to me that Dimes hasn't shown more confidence in Warr or Quirke with selection given how competent Warr looks in the small time game time he has had and Quirke's reported potential.
The problem for Warr, Quirke, Roebuck, etc. has been since the first two games aafter resumption were defeats every game since has been a must win.

I think the ban on recruitment was enforced by a) actually getting near the salary cap and b) the necessity of saving moolah to fund the proposed new stadium.
By Olyy
We were linked to him before, but it all went quiet

I was under the impression that extended season, and then his new role at Ealing, were enough for him and he was retiring from top flight rugby at the end of this season (article I read mentioned he might turn his Ealing role into a player/coach rather than just coach role) - I couldn't find an article that suggests he's still looking?

If he does keep playing I'd imagine it'll be somewhere down south considering that's where his family is based and his coaching role is - though I imagine Newcastle will be very interested if he doesn't call it a day.
By Elgar
Believe it was reported just before lockdown that he was about to sign for Falcons. But they then pulled out due to uncertainty over promotion from the Championship (at the time) and their future revenues - all due to the pandemic.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]