By 45jumper
Some very interesting bits in here! https://youtu.be/5Z3lv5in5bA

Mentions the strength of the academy and that Nick Kennedy (Sarries head of recruitment) was previously looking to poach a few of them! He namechecks Curtis, Quirke, Roebuck and Harper.
He came across very well, extremely complimentary of the setup, coaches and the legacy of Dimes but acknowledged we haven't been playing well recently which was refreshing to hear. Can't wait for the Leicester game if I'm honest!
Olyy, Bucks1861, Flumpty liked this
By LJK
Excellent interview....seems very honest and straight talking with non of the guarded responses that seem to common in press interviews now, for fear of saying something deemed 'wrong'. Happy to open up a bit, and his admiration of Dimes and the current coaches was obvious. Looking forward...
By Jb-280151
We need to keep Quirke. If he fully recovers from his serious injury I fully expect him to be the starting 9 for 2025 Lions. I have seen a number of Jets play for Sale FC the Curry's, Redpath, Luke James but RQ has stood out. Also I would like to see Connor Doherty given a first team opportunity.
Elgar liked this
By Thekeg
Jb-280151 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:28 pm
We need to keep Quirke. If he fully recovers from his serious injury I fully expect him to be the starting 9 for 2025 Lions. I have seen a number of Jets play for Sale FC the Curry's, Redpath, Luke James but RQ has stood out. Also I would like to see Connor Doherty given a first team opportunity.
What injury does quirke have?
By 45jumper
Jb-280151 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:28 pm
Wow that's a hell of an endorsement! I've heard good things but haven't seen him play. Hopefully he gets a few appearances this season and begins to supplant Cliff as the rotation 9 for next season.
The highlights I’ve seen have obviously focussed on his running, but presumably his pass is good too.

My (quite probably wrong) perception though is that 9 is the position where most frequently young talent emerges and is expected to come through and for whatever reason they don’t make it.
By iBozz
Big Jim seems to have changed a lot since I last saw him!

An interesting chat and well worth watching.
By HR1861
I've seen Quirke play at Sale FC a few times at Heywood Road. No doubt he's a very good prospect, but a future British Lion - really!!?
Paolo also played a few games and stood out far more, but it's a huge step up to international level. Unless his defence improves dramatically, I think he'll be found out.
Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

I just listened to the presser. I could be wrong, […]

Covid Repayments

Quite a few million in a decent savings account wo[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Blame-casting - love it!

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]