By poyntonshark
Sorry, I've just watched replays again on C4's Big Tackle (ooooh errrr missus), La R winger clearly slaps the ball backwards, yes it hits Faf's leg, but his hand motion and the ball motion is always backwards. No one would like to give Mr Brace a good slating more than me, but they got that one right.
By DaveAitch
I have to say that I'm with Poynters. One camera appears to show that the ball may have gone forwards, but we don't know the angle of the camera to get that view. The arm definitely swings backwards onto the ball, so it would be strange if the ball had gone forwards.
By ageinghoody
poyntonshark wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:40 am
Sorry, I've just watched replays again on C4's Big Tackle (ooooh errrr missus), La R winger clearly slaps the ball backwards, yes it hits Faf's leg, but his hand motion and the ball motion is always backwards. No one would like to give Mr Brace a good slating more than me, but they got that one right.
I know the winger was reaching forward, but I'm not sure how the ball could have gone backwards and hit Faf's leg (knee?) unless said leg was between the other guy's legs.

However, it's of only academic interest now so I'm wasting no more time re-hashing it.
By Clutch
Faf is in front and it hits him in the leg. It’s a knock on and it’s deliberate and a yellow.

To be fair I’m normally good at spotting these things and I didn’t see the knock on live. But at half time to was clear.
By IrishShark
ageinghoody wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:37 am
poyntonshark wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:40 am
I know the winger was reaching forward, but I'm not sure how the ball could have gone backwards and hit Faf's leg (knee?) unless said leg was between the other guy's legs.
Fafs leg ends up between the other guys legs.
Clutch wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:30 am
Faf is in front and it hits him in the leg. It’s a knock on and it’s deliberate and a yellow.

Deliberate knock on is just a penalty and not an automatic yellow, I don't know what got into the heads of rfu refs that they gave yellow cards for that no matter the area on the field
By Van Cannonball
True, and I’m one who also gets annoyed by the over use of yellow. But in this circumstance there’s zero possibility of a catch, which makes more likely a yellow, and I think if the ball goes to Marland then he’s possibly away (not sure they showed a wide angle to see what cover was like) which again makes a yellow more likely/reasonable.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]