By Van Cannonball
Difficult to make judgements on one game and with lopsided teams, but here are my thoughts;

Akker- no issues at lineout and looks as dangerous as advertised in the loose - 3 turnovers from rips a highlight.

The twins were very strong in defence. Not so effective in attack and a few too many offload attempts, but they will definitely help with go forward in tighter games.

Warr - did ok but don’t think he really took the opportunity. We looked noticeably faster when Papier came on, although also against Saints subs.

RdP, thought he had a good game, some nice flat passes and strong in defence. Restarts were very good.

Van Cannonball - mom, looks really fit, took ball into contact with intensity every time. Drew players in for the first try and scored and assisted 2 more. If he can stay fit then I think we can make top 4.

Hammersley - 2 tries, although he almost butchered the first. Generally looked like a very solid addition at full back

Denny was the only disappointment really, not sure of the rationale for moving him over to the left wing, I didn’t think it worked.
By StalyShark
Rohan looked very sharp and considerably leaner than last year. He will (hopefully) be so key to our back line this year as he is the only one of his kind that we’ve got; the rest are largely speedsters or distributors (not sure where Luke James fits yet).

The twins seemed to be everywhere in defence. What a hell of a back row we’ll have soon:
Week A: Ross, Dan du Preez and T Curry
Week B: Wilson, J-L du Preez, B Curry

Although both WG John and Curry went off with HIA/injuries they didn’t seem too serious as they were out on the pitch at the end. Ben was definitely nursing his left arm/shoulder though so may be out for a few weeks.

Dimes said in the post match interview that those not involved today would play Sarries next week. However he did express concern over plastic pitch injuries so I doubt any of our recovering knee injury types like Yarde, Wilkinson and Reed will play. So here’s my stab at being Dimes for Sarries:

Rodd
Langdon
Jones
Evans
Postlethwaite
Nield
Dugdale
Moore
Warr
Curtis
Roebuck
Williams
Redpath
McGuigan
L James

Akker
Pope
Ford
Birch
Leatherbarrow
Papier
Doherty
N Pope

I don’t think we’ll be going out for the win, just using it as a “blooding” of new signings and kids. No word on Oosthuizen so I’ve left him out and no recent returnees due to the plastic pitch. Sarries academy team thumped Wasps away today so doubt such a team will get much reward.
By Thekeg
StalyShark wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:10 pm
Rohan looked very sharp and considerably leaner than last year. He will (hopefully) be so key to our back line this year as he is the only one of his kind that we’ve got; the rest are largely speedsters or distributors (not sure where Luke James fits yet).

The twins seemed to be everywhere in defence. What a hell of a back row we’ll have soon:
Week A: Ross, Dan du Preez and T Curry
Week B: Wilson, J-L du Preez, B Curry

Although both WG John and Curry went off with HIA/injuries they didn’t seem too serious as they were out on the pitch at the end. Ben was definitely nursing his left arm/shoulder though so may be out for a few weeks.

Dimes said in the post match interview that those not involved today would play Sarries next week. However he did express concern over plastic pitch injuries so I doubt any of our recovering knee injury types like Yarde, Wilkinson and Reed will play. So here’s my stab at being Dimes for Sarries:

Rodd
Langdon
Jones
Evans
Postlethwaite
Nield
Dugdale
Moore
Warr
Curtis
Roebuck
Williams
Redpath
McGuigan
L James

Akker
Pope
Ford
Birch
Leatherbarrow
Papier
Doherty
N Pope

I don’t think we’ll be going out for the win, just using it as a “blooding” of new signings and kids. No word on Oosthuizen so I’ve left him out and no recent returnees due to the plastic pitch. Sarries academy team thumped Wasps away today so doubt such a team will get much reward.
I don’t think we will rotate as heavily into the youth players as that, I think he meant the senior players who weren’t involved like jones and Langdon, not the likes of Curtis and leatherbarrow
By StalyShark
Might be easier to see who most likely won’t play:

Harrison- can’t risk an injury
John - sounded like he didn’t pass his HIA
JCW - played nearly 80 and looked done in
B Curry - carrying an injury
Dan and Jean-Luc - probably need managing after coming back from full season/injury
Rohan - so important to us he needs resting given his history
Wilkinson, Yarde and Reed - dodgy knees and Astro do not mix
By Thekeg
StalyShark wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Dan and Jean-Luc - probably need managing after coming back from full season/injury
Ross and cliff also not back until third match
By StalyShark
Thekeg wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:58 am
StalyShark wrote:

So much cover in their respective positions now. The twins and Nield (if fit) can all play there with Beaumont or Moore to 8. Only worry is Ben Curry’s injury. If it was a first team selected next week it’d be interesting to see who plays 7 if Curry is out:
6. J-L
7. Dan
8. Beaumont ?
Evans and Phillips in the row and the hookers carrying less but given more breakdown responsibilities.
By Thekeg
StalyShark wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:15 am
Thekeg wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:58 am
StalyShark wrote:

So much cover in their respective positions now. The twins and Nield (if fit) can all play there with Beaumont or Moore to 8. Only worry is Ben Curry’s injury. If it was a first team selected next week it’d be interesting to see who plays 7 if Curry is out:
6. J-L
7. Dan
8. Beaumont ?
Evans and Phillips in the row and the hookers carrying less but given more breakdown responsibilities.
Curry looked like he’d taken a knock but he just sat on the bench after, didn’t seem to be having any treatment. Wonder if it was a stinger and they just didn’t want to risk leaving him out there....
By AndaleManito
Clutch wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:11 pm
Ross can play 7 if Curry is out. That would be a serious back row!!
I don't think Jono will be playing in the next game but the one after.

Maybe that would give us the strongest back five of:

4. Phillips
5. Evans
6. DDP
7. JLDP
8. Beaumont

Though I image some (though maybe not all) of Postlethwaite, Nield, Moore, Dugdale will play a part.

I think we might see:

1. Harrison
2. Langdon
3. Jones
4. Phillips
5. Beaumont
6. JLDP
7. Dugdale
8. DDP

With a bench of

16. Nield
17. Rodd
18. WGJ
19. Postlethwaite
20. Moore

Aside from that I hope we stick with Warr and Papier at 9, thought Warr was solid but not spectacular, and deserves another chance to really push. Papier looked pretty classy and in my opinion we can really push for top 4 with him here as the final piece of the puzzle.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]