By Olyy
Like that a lot,

L.James injured? Can't imagine he wouldn't feature if not!

Great to see Raffi back, two young wingers, and Metcalf hopefully to get some game time
By SSR
Intrigued by the Jack Metcalf inclusion. I don't know anything about him.
What positions will he be covering from the bench?
By DavenportSharky
15. Dan Evans

14. Mat Protheroe

13. Michael Collins

12. Keiran Williams

11. Luke Morgan

10. Josh Thomas

9. Reuben Morgan-Williams

1.Nicky Smith

2. Dewi Lake

3. Tom Botha

4. Lloyd Ashley

5. Adam Beard

6. Sam Cross

7. Harri Deaves

8. Ethan Roots

16. Elvis Taione

17. Rhodri Jones

18. Rhys Henry

19. Huw Sutton

20. Morgan Morris

21. Matthew Aubrey

22. Tiaan Thomas Wheeler

23. Joe Hawkins
By StalyShark
Looks like Axe is bringing in the new guard on the wings, perhaps accepting that those of old need to be moved on due to relative dodderyness. Hopefully we will have plan to utilise the increase in pace.
By Elgar
Olyy wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:05 pm

L.James injured? Can't imagine he wouldn't feature if not!
Hope he's not injured. Hammersley probably is the best person to look after Roebuck and Reed from fullback. Hopefully it is rotation.
By DavenportSharky
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:16 pm
https://all.rugby/player/jack-metcalf

https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/ ... -12610047v
Last edited by DavenportSharky on Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinogyro liked this
By Olyy
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:16 pm
Metcalf's a 13 but he's been playing wing for Sale FC - scored in the Premiership Cup vs Newcaslte I think
By Clutch
Metcalf was at 15 for FC recently so he’s clearly versatile. Don’t think he’s a winger to be honest.

Love the team. Happy with Hammersley at 15 when we have pace in the wings.
By DavenportSharky
Yes he was at Yorkshire Carnegie before coming to us.

Match officials

Referee: Pierre Brousset (France)

Assistant referees: Luc Ramos & Flavien Hourquet (France)

TMO: Denis Grenouillet (France).
By Surbiton_Shark
Anyone know where Doherty/Wilkinson/Curtis have gone? - injured/playing at other clubs or just not featuring?

Nice to see Langdon back

I'm afraid I'm not upto speed on the Ospreys - from what I remember they can't progress in the tournament so is their side a 1st XV or more 'mixed'?
By Olyy
Surbiton_Shark wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:02 pm
Anyone know where Doherty/Wilkinson/Curtis have gone? - injured/playing at other clubs or just not featuring?
Curtis is playing fullback for Coventry,

Doherty and Wilkinson were both loaned there too, but haven't featured in a while - presumably we called them back due to injuries/absences to the backs,

Not sure if they've been getting game time in the National Leagues or anything?
By Centrethreequarter
Clutch wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:47 pm
Metcalf was at 15 for FC recently so he’s clearly versatile. Don’t think he’s a winger to be honest.
Watched him play at 15 for Sale FC last week. Finished his two tries very well and made another with a lovely chip over the top, regather and off load.
Bottom of the league opposition so not much to see from a defensive perspective.

Hope he gets a chance on Sunday.
By dinogyro
I am amazed that JPDP hasn't had more game time. He works incredibly hard. Lood hasn't been at his best, so why not sub him early and give JP a chance?
By eBike
Only Dewi Lake and Adam Beard make the match day 23 having just made the Wales 6N squad. So very much a weakened squad.

Our pack should dominate, especially our back row. The contest between the centres will be interesting but the real attention should be out on the wings where both Protheroe and Morgan (Protheroe especially) have real pace.

Can we look forward to a 5 pointer :joy:
By RugbyMarvel
Christ Jono, he’s just got annoyed that he’s been held, so flies in and is inches away from getting a red. Stupid stupid penalty
By RugbyMarvel
We just need to stop trying to force every offload, we are cutting them apart (as we should be doing with the team they’ve put out) but just need to tighten it up a bit
By RugbyMarvel
Schonert, what on earth are you doing?

Times like this where I question Jonos leadership / game management credentials. Calm the team down, tighten it up, utilise the possession.

Don’t fly off your feet wildly. Suppose Schonert is just following Jonos lead though
45jumper liked this
By RugbyMarvel
Lovely pass by Bevan, but also got to recognise Reed for the pace he showed to get down the touch line. I thought the cover D would have got him but he just put his foot down and made it with space to spare.

He also ran a good line and showed gas for the try that was disallowed.

Think as discussed last week, this is his opportunity to shine and already enjoying his performance. Hoping we can turn the screw a bit and get some points on the board.

Dreading the idea of a scoreless second half though
By 45jumper
Never have I been so annoyed to be 14-0 up, our basics are appalling. Knocking the ball over the line twice is absolutely criminal. And of course, the usual disciplinary issues rearing their head.
By Olyy
To be only 11pts up after that half is shocking, tbh

Doing a lot of good stuff but accuracy and discipline in the toilet
By Surbiton_Shark
Hard being a supporter this season. Hard enough watching from your sofa let alone going to the ground. Hope our owners don’t watch the absolute dire performances and give it all up.

Enjoying the comments by Sam W and Danny C and commentary

Might as well bring the young lad on for Hammers
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]