By RinTin
https://kierancrichard.wixsite.com/webs ... 20-03-2024

Much appreciated as always Kieran.

Tom Curry update, Manu comments, Tom Curtis comments (1 year rolling contracts until now) Asher may be back for this weekend and Naiyacalevu comments.

Big one for me is the mention of another centre being signed. Next paragraph (when back line guys are listed) makes no reference to Sam James next season. Rumours may be right.
Last edited by RinTin on Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yareet, Bronzbronx liked this
Noticed the lack of Sam James in that list too

Shame, but not surprising after seeing it happen, that Schonert is a doubt

Good to see Axe mention not wanting to overplay Asher due to his age - think the physiological aspect of playing too much at a young age is overlooked

Hope that means Ben is available but if he's only in training today is that enough time? Two sessions before team is picked? Suppose it depends on how bad the injury was, and how much he was able to do before going back into full training
RinTin wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:00 pm
Olyy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:49 pm
Noticed the lack of Sam James in that list too
Suppose it depends on how bad the injury was, and how much he was able to do before going back into full training
What actually was the injury??
Didn't see any specifics reported, just "chest"
We have signed Waisea and another centre. That is the truth of it; we have two where we had one. It gives us the strength in depth that we need in that area whilst we keep the pathway open for the likes of Rekeiti Ma’asi-White.
Sounds like two incoming, with RMW earmarked for the future

I wonder if it's Addison? I know that he's mostly played fullback in Ireland but can't think of anyone else - Spink strongly rumoured to go to Saracens and doubt we would/could get both of Waisea and Grady
Bucks1861 liked this
RMW signed a long term contract in January, odd wording of Axe to say 'we have signed Waisea and one other centre' if he is referring to someone already at the club.

I suspect the name checking is mainly due to the reported confidence issues RMW is having. He has huge potential, but I guess it's the mental side of it which needs to be focused on.
RinTin wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 pm
https://kierancrichard.wixsite.com/webs ... 20-03-2024

Much appreciated as always Kieran.

Tom Curry update, Manu comments, Tom Curtis comments (1 year rolling contracts until now) Asher may be back for this weekend and Naiyacalevu comments.

Big one for me is the mention of another centre being signed. Next paragraph (when back line guys are listed) makes no reference to Sam James next season. Rumours may be right.
Exactly my read. Sad times :sad:
It could suit both parties. SJ gets a new experience in Europe, we finally try an attacking structure that doesn't demand a distributor at 13. Our attack has gone stale so perhaps a shakeup is required?
James owes the club absolutely nothing and has been a fantastic servant. He'd leave with nothing but my very best wishes :clap:
RinTin, Olyy, Bronzbronx and 2 others liked this
Latest media session:
https://kierancrichard.wixsite.com/webs ... 27-03-2024

Axe is speaking very positively about training/building etc.etc. but I can't help but focus on:
Schonert out until October
Ben Curry not back this weekend (well, he said no more injury returnees - unless Ben was rested last week then he's still injured)

Two massive blows

He does say we're bringing in cover for Schonert - maybe Joe Jones coming back from Scarlets? Saw a report yesterday they've lost £3m last year, might be trying to trim the wage bill
Can't think of anyone who'd be available at this stage in the season really - probably a squad player from a South African side?
Bronzbronx liked this
By Halifaxshark
I just listened to the presser. I could be wrong, but I thought Alex said Ben was back in training and up for selection this weekend? He did then answer a later question with no injury news or returnees, so it was confusing but I presumed he meant the long term injuries.

The Schonert injury sounds bad, but probably best for him. Surgery and a good recovery and he’s back to 100% next season. Alex said rehab it and if he carries on playing, it’s a risk to the contract he’s just signed.

James Harper has a real opportunity now. 6 guaranteed games left this season. Hopefully he starts them all and plays 6 blinders and ends the season really well. Let’s see some substance to what we’ve all heard about him.
Olyy liked this
By RinTin
Is his medical joker contract up at Montauban?

He is literally the only semi decent available tighthead I can think of. Trusty big Val is a loosie unfortunately or he'd be my pick.
By Evo
Hopefully he's match fit and ready to go.....from what I recall his short notice cry offs were more to do with reported back spasms.....he was usually a really dependable and reliable performer when on the pitch.
45jumper wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:40 am
It could suit both parties. SJ gets a new experience in Europe, we finally try an attacking structure that doesn't demand a distributor at 13. Our attack has gone stale so perhaps a shakeup is required?
James owes the club absolutely nothing and has been a fantastic servant. He'd leave with nothing but my very best wishes :clap:
SJ moving on wont change a thing, its hard to be influential when your most gifted centre gets three minutes when getting pounded away to Bath.

We should not mourn SJ moving on, we should be furious that our coaching staff think RDP is a better option in the centres.
Oh Danny Boy liked this
The Back Row wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:25 am
45jumper wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:40 am
We should not mourn SJ moving on, we should be furious that our coaching staff think RDP is a better option in the centres.
Based on Axe's comments they have recruited Nayacelevu and one other centre. 4 main line centres are Bedlow, RMW, Naya and 1 other. Naya is an out and out 13.

It's odd though given we have Ford, Curtis and RDP all confirmed for next year. 3 10's all wanting game time, 4 centres all wanting game time. Hopefully this 4th centre is a hybrid type player with experience at fullback and/or wing.

I want Sam to start this weekend. Give him a run in his final few games to go out on a high (hopefully).
Olyy liked this
By Halifaxshark
Alex refers to Fordy, Rob, Sam Bedlow, Waisea + 1 other centre and Ricky (Maasi-White).

Everyone’s noticed SJ is missing from that list. However Luke James (presumably we consider him a centre now) and Connor Doc are missing from this conversation.
By RinTin
Halifaxshark wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am
Alex refers to Fordy, Rob, Sam Bedlow, Waisea + 1 other centre and Ricky (Maasi-White).

Everyone’s noticed SJ is missing from that list. However Luke James (presumably we consider him a centre now) and Connor Doc are missing from this conversation.
God knows what is going on with those 2. It can't be permanent injuries keeping them from getting game time.

Axe said we have signed Naya and another centre tbc. If so, and if LJ is considered a centre, we are suddenly stacked from 10-13 with 1 fullback and 3 experienced wingers...
By Halifaxshark
I can only imagine with the winger situation that Roebuck, Reed and TOF are first choice, with Ene and especially Wills behind them who are both highly regarded. I get on paper we look short, but it’s probably not wise to bring in an experienced winger right now.
By RinTin
The full back berth is the one I'm more concerned about in truth. Luke James nowhere to be seen and there are doubts whether Veainu will be around next year.
Falcons

Him not carding Care for a second time was crazy[…]

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]

Tom Curry OMG

I just hope he takes his time and is patient. Jus[…]