By Bucks1861
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... -comeback/

Tom Curry: I am not ready to have a metal hip – but I don’t know when I’ll return

England flanker reveals devastating extent of injury which left him needing to relearn how to walk and run

Tom Curry has revealed details of the major hip injury that required the Sale and England flanker to undergo lengthy surgery to save his career, after rejecting the option of having a metal hip inserted similar to tennis great Andy Murray...

Sorry the rest is behind a pay wall
By poyntonshark
Andy Murray doesn't have a metal hip. He had resurfacing surgery, which is major surgery, and does involve 2 metal implants, but not as dramatic as having a metal hip sounds.
By Yareet
Curry’s surgery involved reshaping the head of the femur, fixing the labrum tears and sewing them up, before adding some synthetic cartilage and covering it with stem cells.
:yikes: :yikes:

Seems the interview will be on Sharks TV later today
By RinTin
If he comes back and gets anywhere near top form it is a miracle based on what he has been through.
By SSR
Much as I love watching Tom ( and Ben ) and wish him the best in his recovery,
I hope he takes his time. He will be a long time retired and sincerely hope that he only
comes back if it is not detrimental to his long term prospects.
Best wishes and good health young man.
By dinogyro
I just hope he takes his time and is patient.

Just realised I'm repeating SSR's comment. Sorry!
By dinogyro
Oh, 'not far away', back for Saracens?

Even if he is 'ready' will that game be too soon? Should a young body be allowed to rest fully?
By Olyy
Axe did mention before that if we made the playoffs he's due back around then, so it adds up

As much as I want to see him back I'd leave it until next season at this point - give him a proper off season and pre-season (something's he's not had since he was a teenager, with his international involvements) and hit the ground running next year

Though with that said I'm not a physio so if they're happy/fully sign him off then I imagine he's chomping at the bit to get back out there
ledzepsfr liked this
By Yareet
Olyy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:53 am
Axe did mention before that if we made the playoffs he's due back around then, so it adds up

As much as I want to see him back I'd leave it until next season at this point - give him a proper off season and pre-season (something's he's not had since he was a teenager, with his international involvements) and hit the ground running next year

Though with that said I'm not a physio so if they're happy/fully sign him off then I imagine he's chomping at the bit to get back out there
I’d imagine Tom might also be keen to go to NZ and win his Test place back
By RinTin
We don't know how conservative it was of Axe to suggest this season. It may be that he was technically ready to go again a few weeks ago and the physios are eeking it out to be sure.

Would love to see him have a run out this season, but I don't think it is worth it if there is any sort of risk (which there always is).
Oh Danny Boy, Olyy liked this
Team S'Up for't Tigers

Beat Sarries away that’s the only thing I am[…]

Easter (Rd)

PIERS O'CONOR - BEARS TRIBUTE

He may be Connacht-bound, but he'll always be a Br[…]

Yes the big announcement jarred with me too and su[…]