By Olyy
Joe Ford? Devon? :dizzy:

Gonna be interesting to see what the actual deal is (think they're announcing it at the end of the season?)
Also is it something that can be applied to existing contracts or only new ones? They've dragged their heels in formalising it for so long that surely most players are already renewed for next season (if out of contract) so it can't be applied to many?

Also: Wonder if the 25 available contracts is a limit or the agreed upon actual number?
England in such a state of transition do we have 25 players who you'd want centrally contracted?
ledzepsfr liked this
By Yareet
Olyy wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:33 am

Gonna be interesting to see what the actual deal is (think they're announcing it at the end of the season?)
Also is it something that can be applied to existing contracts or only new ones? They've dragged their heels in formalising it for so long that surely most players are already renewed for next season (if out of contract) so it can't be applied to many?

Also: Wonder if the 25 available contracts is a limit or the agreed upon actual number?
England in such a state of transition do we have 25 players who you'd want centrally contracted?
I reckon I get to 11 who'd be there or there abouts based on the most recent 6N squad:

Genge
George
Chessum
Itoje
T Curry
Earl
Mitchell
M Smith
Ford
Lawrence
Steward

Maybe Martin, CCS, Mani FW, Slade, Freeman and Furbank?
By ledzepsfr
Olyy wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:33 am

Joe Ford? Devon?

I agree. What's all this 'matey matey call him by his nickname'?
Not everyone is in the know, so do the majority a favour and use players names. After all, it is courtesy as only close friends use nicknames.
By Olyy
poyntonshark wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 am
Bevan Rodd
Ah, of course!
I genuinely couldn't think who Devon was, thought maybe it was a nickname of Hill because he played for Exeter haha

Not sure if Bevan would be in line for a central contract - not gotten a lot of game time for England, even when fit, and there's other young looseheads around vying for that spot too (i'd consider putting Baxter straight into the 23).
Feel like the CCs will go to guaranteed squad spots rather than players competing for a spot
Oh Danny Boy liked this
By dinogyro
I'm having trouble remembering actual names, don't confuse me more with nicknames or initials!
Never ending word association thread

Emetic https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~IoAAOSwujN[…]

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/premiership-ins[…]

Sarries game

Just saw Alex's press bit. LCD and Carpenter both […]

10/05/24: Sale 31 Leicester 22 (GP

Top job again sir. I agree our biggest hurdle, no,[…]