By Ewok shark
Still 2 seats available in the West stand if you're quick. l cant believe 12,000 are going to be there on Sunday. Should be a great atmosphere, come on you sharks!!!!
By Altishark
I think there were a number of season ticket holders not there today as quite a few seats empty around us in the West Stand which are usually occupied by season ticket holders
By MikeGC
It looked like a whole coach full hadn’t turned up looking at the empty red seats
By IrishShark
11090 attendence. Maybe the folk who usually sit in the centre of the West stand couldn't make it on Sundays? My five year old nephew loved it anyway and got to meet luke James so he's made up.
By Grumpy Old Shark
It was great to see such a good crowd on Sunday even though the result wasn’t ideal.
It is my guess that the stadium was almost filled because the club gave away some tickets.
Even though I have paid full price for an ST, I don’t object because of the stadium is full, hopefully some of the people on free tickets will return as paying customers.
I suppose the question has got to be, how long should they continue to ‘give away’ tickets.
If it’s just a one off, it’s probably not going to be effective in recruiting many new supporters (the number of seats currently available for the Northampton game supports this) but if you do it too often, people may wait until freebee seats are on offer.
Sorry - this is starting to be a disjointed ramble
Has anyone else got any thoughts?
By ale shark
IrishShark wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:25 pm
I got a free ticket but I bought a jersey to show my gratitude.
Out of interest how did you get the free ticket? Was it advertised and did you have to apply for it?
By Cornerball
I suppose there is some logic in giving some free tickets when the game is on the tv - bring in people who might otherwise have stayed at home.

I do think that the matchday experience is better organised this season. The shuttle buses seem to be working well - the Ladywell shuttle is certainly very easy to use. Seven Brothers beer is very welcome as is the ST discount for tea/coffee etc.

Having my ST on my phone is great too.

I look forward to more nearly full houses
By MikeGC
ale shark wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:18 am
IrishShark wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:25 pm
I got a free ticket but I bought a jersey to show my gratitude.
Out of interest how did you get the free ticket? Was it advertised and did you have to apply for it?
I know that many "junior Clubs" (i.e. Bury, Burnage, etc.) are members of something which I think is called the 100 Club are receive tickets in that way. A member of my extended family is a mini/junior at Bury and he was on a club bus trip to the game.
By iBozz
Cornerball wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:30 am
... very welcome as is the ST discount for tea/coffee etc.

Matters medical meant that the Exeter game was only the second that I have been able to attend this term and I appear to have missed news of this ST discount for tea/coffee. Where is it available? What other benefits have I missed apart, I presume, from a Club Shop discount?

I still prefer a physical ST card as I neither have nor want a smartphone. Amongst other benefits is the superior windscreen frost-removal qualities of a physical card, I would suspect that a smartphone would be far less efficient.
By SimonG
iBozz wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Cornerball wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:30 am
... very welcome as is the ST discount for tea/coffee etc.

Matters medical meant that the Exeter game was only the second that I have been able to attend this term and I appear to have missed news of this ST discount for tea/coffee. Where is it available? What other benefits have I missed apart, I presume, from a Club Shop discount?

I still prefer a physical ST card as I neither have nor want a smartphone. Amongst other benefits is the superior windscreen frost-removal qualities of a physical card, I would suspect that a smartphone would be far less efficient.
But to be fair you can take a wonderful photo of your frosted windscreen using a smartphone :)
By Grumpy Old Shark
Roy, you need to read the e manual for your next shiny new car...
Your new smartphone will be able to talk to your car and turn on the defrost/demist system and pre-warm the seats for you.....
By PappjeShark
Going back to MikeGC’s point, Dimes does have a vision of buses every week from the 100 club members. From memory the gist is the club will pay for the buses if you can fill 50 tickets (and clearly sometimes the tickets will be incentivised).

There’d been a business club event or two building up to the game as well, so not hard to imagine that some corporate ones would follow after meeting two World Cup Finalists in Tom and Faf....
Flumpty liked this

Humbug

Boo Hoo, Bleat bleat I've said it before an[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

It could suit both parties. SJ gets a new experi[…]

Covid Repayments

Look at the going concern statements in Glaws acco[…]