By Flumpty
its hardly credible that the team that served up the dirgefest against Bath could play the game that they just did against Barf.

Lets forget about the odd defensive lapse - going forward they we unrecognisable and "Faf is back" :caffine: :caffine:
Last edited by Flumpty on Tue May 21, 2019 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Major Bloodnok
But I've seen Sale do that from one half to the next, let alone one game to the next.

It was probably just the situation: we were seventh, needing 5 points and a bit of help to go sixth. The worst case was 9th if we got absolutely nothing out of the game, the smart money was on finishing in the exact same place.

So go out, throw it around, go for the try bonus (enough to retain 7th), get the win if possible and hope Leicester wanted to finish on a high.

The Bath game, on the other hand, was the proverbial eight-pointer, so both teams were probably mentally stifled.
By Flumpty
Faf seemed to have been given the freedom to roam, which meant that he was popping up all over the place - great to watch, but he must be an absolute nightmare to defend against when he's in that mode.
If's but's and maybe's... were there no bonus points just 4 points for the win and 2 for the draw we would be in 4th place on 11 wins and 2 draws with 48 points and in the play off's. Proving again BP's are vital, or?
By iBozz
If you go back in history and apply today's scoring system to old games, many results would be markedly different. Equally that is true applying past scoring systems to today's matches. in the words of that most over used phrase "We are where we are".

To return to the "unpredictability" of Faf mentioned above, you only have to go back to the legendary Paul Turner's days at Heywood Road to see unpredictability pay off - and from time to time fail spectacularly! Without his style of play and his leadership, at a very low point in SFC's history, I doubt that Sale Sharks would even exist in the Premiership today. We have a lot to thank him for.
By chris1850
iBozz wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:21 pm
If you go back in history and apply today's scoring system to old games, many results would be markedly different. Equally that is true applying past scoring systems to today's matches. in the words of that most over used phrase "We are where we are".

To return to the "unpredictability" of Faf mentioned above, you only have to go back to the legendary Paul Turner's days at Heywood Road to see unpredictability pay off - and from time to time fail spectacularly! Without his style of play and his leadership, at a very low point in SFC's history, I doubt that Sale Sharks would even exist in the Premiership today. We have a lot to thank him for.
Imagine if they played together in the same team............ :yikes:

You are right wrt your comment about the debt the club has to PT
iBozz liked this
Quins game

It looks like our injury woes are viewed as an opp[…]

Blanket

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]