By poyntonshark
I don't think they will have a great problem finding other sponsors, but they won't be willing to pay anything like what they were getting from Allianz.
By Flumpty
poyntonshark wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:09 pm
I don't think they will have a great problem finding other sponsors, but they won't be willing to pay anything like what they were getting from Allianz.
I'm not sure that's the case. In the eyes of most people and I would imagne, most businesses, Saracens are currently very badly tainted.
As a businessman, why would you choose to be associated with a (currently) poisonous brand and even worse, pay good money to risk being tainted by connection.
Flumpty PLC couldnt find a barge pole long enough !
By poyntonshark
Because those who tainted the brand (or at least have been blamed) have moved on. They will most likely become successful again pretty soon. An opportunity to get with a big brand at a knockdown cost. They won't attract big family names who need to be seen to be clean by the masses, but plenty of ambitious companies will be willing to buy into the risen from the ashes story that they can tell.
By Flumpty
poyntonshark wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:51 am
Because those who tainted the brand (or at least have been blamed) have moved on. They will most likely become successful again pretty soon. An opportunity to get with a big brand at a knockdown cost. They won't attract big family names who need to be seen to be clean by the masses, but plenty of ambitious companies will be willing to buy into the risen from the ashes story that they can tell.

It would be a full world of we all agreed on things.

Saracens long term cheating hasn't just hacked off rugby fans, even Joe Public is aware of what they've done.

Maybe Lance Armstrong could become a sponsor, to highlight his comeback or Baby Seal Clubbers of Canada.
Last edited by Flumpty on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chris1850
poyntonshark wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:51 am
But therein lies the problem. 'Those that tainted the brand' HAVEN'T moved on. Wray still owns the club. As long as he remains financially associated, Sarries remain a toxic brand in my view. Don't forget this industrial scale cheating, over a prolonged period of time that continued even after a warning shot in 2015.
Flumpty liked this

Queen

Falcons

Pepper vs Ben will be a very interesting matchup ([…]

21/04/24 Sale 37 Quins 31 (GP)

FYI, the Quins winger isn’t Scrooge’[…]

Congratulations Morwenna

Starting for the Slam decider. Keeping Abbie Ward […]