By Alex
A 50% increase in the cost of a parking pass at the ground :yikes:
Ahead of the renewal of your Sale Sharks season membership for the 2020/2021 season, please find very important information regarding next season’s seasonal car park passes, match by match parking, and bus transport below. If you'd prefer to read this on the website click here.

Due to a requirement to provide more accessible car park spaces, this has resulted in a reduced number of passes for seasonal members to purchase, and this means that not everyone who purchased a 2019/2020 stadium car park pass will be able to purchase one for the forthcoming season.

The pass prices have been set by the stadium company, and it has increased to £192 (incl. VAT) per pass. Please note that Sale Sharks is not responsible for the price set and receives no income from the on-site and off-site car park.

When the Seasonal car park passes go on sale, they will be offered exclusively to our 2019/2020 current pass holders, HOWEVER as there is reduced availability, they will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

The car park passes will be sold through our parking partners EST who have been managing the car parks this season.

They cannot be reserved or held, and payment must be made direct to EST at the time of purchase. Please do not call Sale Sharks to pay as you will only be re-directed to contact EST and the delay may lead to you missing out.

Please do not call EST before passes go on sale on Monday 2nd March from 10.00am.

SEASONAL PARKING OPTIONS FOR THE 2020/2021 SEASON:

Purchase a Seasonal Pass (16 games) for the AJ Bell stadium car park for £192 (incl. VAT)Purchase a Seasonal Pass (16 games) for the City Airport (Barton) car park for £130 (incl. VAT)Purchase a Seasonal Pass (16 games) for the Makro car park and shuttle bus for £130 (incl. VAT)
By ale shark
So the airport and makro are going up again? (season pass is more than the current £8/match) Parkers from the west funding the free TC buses again. Rude.
By Major Bloodnok
ale shark wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 pm
...Parkers from the west funding the free TC buses again. Rude.
"The pass prices have been set by the stadium company, and it has increased to £192 (incl. VAT) per pass. Please note that Sale Sharks is not responsible for the price set and receives no income from the on-site and off-site car park."

Unless the stadium company provide the buses (possible, but I've always been under the impression that the TC buses are a Sale Sharks initiative.), I don't see how you can come to this conclusion.
By Altishark
There always seems to be plenty of room for the players/staff cars & hospitality cars - maybe season pass holders are paying for them?
For blue badge holders the shuttle buses aren’t really an option likewise any off site parking & in previous years a blue badge pass was slightly discounted. At least this season the car parking pass covered any additional matches but not next year. :doh:
By Altishark
I haven’t had any communication to say blue badge season ticket parking at the AJ Bell will incur an extra charge for the final on the 15 March - where is info about an extra £10 charge?
By Rich E
Can anyone please advise where the updates are for the increased price hike for the seasonal pass and the PC final prices. I'm a season ticket holder and haven't been notified by the usual email alerts. Thanks in advance
By Altishark
An email was sent by Sale on Thursday - here’s the attachment

Ahead of the renewal of your Sale Sharks season membership for the 2020/2021 season, please find very important information regarding next season’s seasonal car park passes, match by match parking, and bus transport below. If you'd prefer to read this on the website click here.

Due to a requirement to provide more accessible car park spaces, this has resulted in a reduced number of passes for seasonal members to purchase, and this means that not everyone who purchased a 2019/2020 stadium car park pass will be able to purchase one for the forthcoming season.

The pass prices have been set by the stadium company, and it has increased to £192 (incl. VAT) per pass. Please note that Sale Sharks is not responsible for the price set and receives no income from the on-site and off-site car park.

When the Seasonal car park passes go on sale, they will be offered exclusively to our 2019/2020 current pass holders, HOWEVER as there is reduced availability, they will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

The car park passes will be sold through our parking partners EST who have been managing the car parks this season.

They cannot be reserved or held, and payment must be made direct to EST at the time of purchase. Please do not call Sale Sharks to pay as you will only be re-directed to contact EST and the delay may lead to you missing out.

Please do not call EST before passes go on sale on Monday 2nd March from 10.00am.

SEASONAL PARKING OPTIONS FOR THE 2020/2021 SEASON:

Purchase a Seasonal Pass (16 games) for the AJ Bell stadium car park for £192 (incl. VAT)
Purchase a Seasonal Pass (16 games) for the City Airport (Barton) car park for £130 (incl. VAT)
Purchase a Seasonal Pass (16 games) for the Makro car park and shuttle bus for £130 (incl. VAT)
All prices and information for on-site and off-site seasonal parking, accessible (Blue Badge) parking and match by match off-site parking can be found below - please take a few moments to read through the information to help you make your decision.

ONSITE PARKING AT THE AJ BELL STADIUM

In 2020/21 there will continue to be no general match-by-match parking available onsite at the AJ Bell.

AJ BELL STADIUM SEASONAL CAR PARKING PASS

The 2020/2021 stadium car park pass prices have been set by the stadium company and are £192 (incl. VAT) per pass for the 16 regular season matches – 11 Gallagher Premiership, 3 European, 2 Premiership Rugby Cup. Any additional matches will not be included in your seasonal pass.

Please note that Sale Sharks is not responsible for the price set and receives no income from the on-site car park.

When the seasonal car park passes go on sale, they will be offered exclusively to our 2019/2020 current pass holders, HOWEVER as there is reduced availability, they will be sold on a first come first served basis.

To book please call EST on 0161 470 5776 on Monday 2nd March from 10.00am.

AJ BELL ACCESSIBLE (BLUE BADGE) SEASONAL PARKING PASS

These will be sold exclusively to 2019/2020 Accessible (Blue Badge) Seasonal Parking Pass purchasers initially, and if there are any remaining passes, these will be made available on open sale to season membership holders.

The price set by the stadium company for the 20/21 season is £192 (incl. VAT) for the 16 regular season matches – 11 Gallagher Premiership, 3 European, 2 Premiership Rugby Cup. Any additional matches will not be included in your seasonal pass. For accessible passes, evidence of your blue badge will be required and must be available on display at each home fixture.

To book please call EST on 0161 470 5776 on Monday 2nd March from 10.00am.

2020/2021 MATCH-BY-MATCH ACCESSIBLE (BLUE BADGE) CAR PARK PASSES

Accessible (Blue Badge) match by match car park passes are available via www.salesharksparking.co.uk by pre-booking only, and will be priced at £12 (incl. VAT) per space for all home fixtures. There are a limited number of spaces available per match and we strongly recommend that you buy your parking before you buy your tickets to avoid disappointment as accessible parking is often sold out in advance of each fixture.

For accessible spaces, evidence of your blue badge will be required and must be available on display at each home fixture.

To book visit www.salesharksparking.co.uk or call 0161 470 5776

OFF-SITE SEASONAL PARKING - CITY AIRPORT (BARTON)

You can purchase seasonal parking for 2020/2021 at £130 (incl. VAT) for the 16 regular season matches – 11 Gallagher Premiership, 3 European, 2 Premiership Rugby Cup. Please note that any additional matches will not be included in your seasonal pass, but will be exclusively available to you to purchase as/when each fixture is confirmed.

Please note that the match-by-match price at the Barton City Airport will be £10 per pass; the seasonal pass saves £30 if you come to all 16 games.

To book please call EST on 0161 470 5776 on Monday 2nd March from 10.00am or visit www.salesharksparking.com

OFF-SITE SEASONAL PARKING – MAKRO

You can purchase seasonal parking for 2020/2021 at £130 (incl. VAT) for the 16 regular season matches – 11 Gallagher Premiership, 3 European, 2 Premiership Rugby Cup. Please note that any additional matches will not be included in your seasonal pass but will be exclusively available to you to purchase as / when each fixture is confirmed.

Match-by-match price at the Makro will be £10 per space; the seasonal pass saves £30 if you come to all 16 games.

A shuttle bus operates from Makro to the AJ Bell Stadium, starting 2 hours before kick-off and ending 1 hour after the final whistle. - for timings please see the Travel Plan on www.salesharks.com.

PLEASE NOTE - The car park is locked outside of the shuttle bus operation times and any cars that remain on-site outside of the above times will be secured behind a locked gate with NO ACCESS until the next day/when Makro re-opens.

To book please call EST on 0161 470 5776 on Monday 2nd March from 10.00am or visit www.salesharksparking.com

OFFSITE MATCH-BY-MATCH PARKING

City Airport (Barton) will be available at £10 per space and can be booked via www.salesharksparking.co.uk.

Makro will be available at £10 per space and can be booked via www.salesharksparking.co.uk. A shuttle bus operates from Makro to the AJ Bell Stadium, starting 2 hours before kick-off and ending 1 hour after the final whistle. For timings please see the Travel Plan on www.salesharks.com

PLEASE NOTE - The car park is locked outside of the shuttle bus operation times and any cars that remain on-site outside of the above times will be secured behind a locked gate with NO ACCESS until the next day/when Makro re-opens.

To book visit www.salesharksparking.co.uk or call 0161 470 5776.

SHUTTLE BUS SERVICES

Stockport

Sale Sharks will continue to operate a shuttle service from Stockport (including Didsbury by the Red Lion and Parrswood at the cinema complex). To book a return place on the Stockport bus please visit www.salesharksparking.co.uk.

Please note the Stockport service is pre-book only due to limited availability, and only bookable on a match by match basis. The Stockport shuttle service costs £7.50 p/p.

INTU Trafford Centre

Sale Sharks will continue to operate a Dine & Ride shuttle service from the INTU Trafford Centre – no booking is required; the shuttles commence 2 hours before kick-off ending 1 hour after the final whistle. For timings please see the Travel Plan on www.salesharks.com. The service departs from the bus station at the Debenhams end of the INTU Trafford Centre at Stand 1. The INTU Trafford Centre shuttle service is free of charge.

All of our shuttle services are accessible.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on 0161 667 7519 or via info@salesharks.com
By Altishark
I meant to add I haven’t received anything re PC final charge - I don’t know if anyone has?
It would seem we need to buy our car park pass before renewing season tickets to stand any chance of getting a season ticket car park place at the AJ Bell - even blue badge holders.
By wrinklieshark
Email on 25th Feb -

As an on-site seasonal parking pass holder for the AJ Bell car park your space has been reserved for the PRC Final on Sunday 15th March; it is NOT covered by your seasonal pass and will need to be purchased at a cost of £10 per space before Friday 13th March at 4.00pm. If you have not purchased your space before this time, it will be reallocated.

We are unable to accommodate paying on the day – any vehicles that have not pre-booked and paid will not be permitted to enter the car park.

To confirm and book please call EST on 0161 470 5776. Please note that there are no additional spaces available for purchase.
By H's D
For comparative purposes
A close friend has a Season ticket for an end view seat at Wasps and a Season ticket for an off-site parking spot approximately a half mile walk from the stadium and whilst watching their impressive performance beating Saracens last week he indicated they each cost about the same amount. I think it's around £130 for each, onsite ones are much much more expensive and they have a couple of thousand places. The local off-site Car Park is an official one, but prices are also set by the private owners. I'll ask him what sort of an increase they get next season.
By The Angel Shark
1. The car park is owned by the stadium
2. The stadium management have set the price at £192 per car
3. Sale Sharks get NOTHING from it (only aggro)
4. Sale Sharks have to pay for the spaces used by staff
5. Spaces for Hospitality guests are paid through the package/sponsorship
6. Off site parking is £130 per car and we get no income from that
7. Sale Sharks pays for the shuttle buses, they are not subsidised by parking income

Park for FREE at the Trafford Centre and use the FREE shuttle bus service.
Maccshark, Flumpty, Monty9 and 6 others liked this
By H's D
Well said Angie!
Now Sale Sharks are funding numerous TC shuttles we really should try and use them!
I understand the stadium operates at a loss and is obliged to try and balance it's books, the local Council are currently subsidising it quite heavily.
Flumpty liked this
By ale shark
The club should stop referring to EST as parking partners. That implies benefit to both.

Out of interest, Salford seem to have zero shuttle buses and charge £6 for stadium parking. I might be wrong. Obviously their crowds are significantly lower. Anyone know how much airport parking is for them? I’m guessing it’s still £5.
By Altishark
You’re quite correct stadium parking for Salford is significantly lower at £6 cash payment. I presume they can keep the price low by not using a parking company as the numbers wanting to park are possibly lower & more manageable??
By M5 Shark
I applaud the club for announcing the decision that they will not be charging for the TC Shuttle bus for 2020/21.

With the tram line due to open in the next few weeks, I do wonder what will happen if we have a fixture clash with Man Utd (and Christmas at some point). With 10,234 car parking spaces at the Trafford Centre I do wonder what will happen when capacity gets reached. Are there any other parking options near TC?
By iBozz
M5 Shark wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 pm
... I do wonder what will happen if we have a fixture clash with Man Utd ...
A Manchester City supporter tells me that most clashes are with City and not United. Whether that is actually true or just a perception I know not, but he is more often than not absent from the AJB because he is at City instead.
By Major Bloodnok
iBozz wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:17 pm
M5 Shark wrote:
A Manchester City supporter tells me that most clashes are with City and not United. Whether that is actually true or just a perception I know not, but he is more often than not absent from the AJB because he is at City instead.
Well, he obviously has his priorities wrong, then.
By iBozz
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:06 pm
iBozz wrote:
M5 Shark wrote:

We tell him that every time but his clinching argument is, and I both précis and clean up the language, that they don't have a "drummer".

A fair point, I think you'll agree!
By The Angel Shark
iBozz wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:06 pm
iBozz wrote:

We tell him that every time but his clinching argument is, and I both précis and clean up the language, that they don't have a "drummer".

A fair point, I think you'll agree!
Every cloud...
iBozz liked this
By ShawShark
M5 Shark wrote:
With 10,234 car parking spaces at the Trafford Centre I do wonder what will happen when capacity gets reached. Are there any other parking options near TC?
I would have thought that when the tram line opens then a lot of people will use that instead of driving there, so the demand for car parking spaces would reduce
By H's D
I would have thought that when the tram line opens then a lot of people will use that instead of driving there, so the demand for car parking spaces would reduce
I would suggest there will still be lots of people who are prepared to pay for parking to avoid "inconvenience" Public transport provision seldom changes motorist's habits.
By M5 Shark
To begin with, the TP Line will go from Cornbrook due to lack of trams (it’s intended to start/finish at Crumpsall via Victoria when extra trams become available).

So if you are coming in to Piccadilly, you’ll need to get to Cornbrook(12 mins)/Pomona (13 mins) and then change, and wait for the tram to Trafford Centre (journey time from there will be approx 15-20 mins imo)
By ShawShark
H's D wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:09 pm
I would suggest there will still be lots of people who are prepared to pay for parking to avoid "inconvenience" Public transport provision seldom changes motorist's habits.
the original post was asking about reaching parking capacity at the trafford centre, I meant that there may be less people driving there and using the tram.

As the new line has a stop very close to Old Trafford, the trams could be full if we have a fixture clash
By KayleighBaxter
Hi all,

I know Ange has provided an update (thanks) but to answer some questions specifically:

SRD use the original parking team that we had on-site at the AJ Bell in previous years - following complaints & concerns we requested to have an alternative company brought in who have significantly improved the parking situation on and off site for SS. They have a hugely reduced number of supporters parking as many are local / more local to the stadium.

There is a reduction in the number of non-disabled parking passes for 20/21 season (this has allowed us to increase m-b-m disabled spaces and seasonal disabled spaces) so those with a current disabled pass still need to be purchased however it won't be first come first serve as they are only on sale to current pass holders and there are more passes available than those that have purchased this season.

Season memberships will be on sale in the coming weeks and we are aware that parking / transport planning is a concern ahead of purchasing next seasons membership hence launching parking today.

The PRC Final (15th March) all pass holders (on-site) were contacted by email at the start of last week to enable them to contact EST and purchase the space for the final - seasonal passes include 16 games and the 17th fixture (PRC semi-final) was included free of charge to seasonal members.

As Ange said Sale Sharks pay for spaces on-site - the income season members pay along with the income SS pay goes directly to the stadium company and passes are included in the price for hospitality / sponsors etc.

The price @ Makro and the Airport hasn't increased for 20/21 (the buses for Makro & The Trafford Centre) are paid for by Sale Sharks.

All of the shuttle buses are accessible for wheelchairs / scooters etc and we work hard to accommodate on-site requests when possible often re-allocating spaces. I'm unsure why the stadium company have decided to increase the price for disabled parking instead of maintain the usual discounted rate.

As always if you have any specific questions please @ me into them or email me kayleigh.baxter@salesharks.com

Thanks,

KB
By ale shark
"The price @ Makro and the Airport hasn't increased for 20/21 "

They're both currently £8, the email posted higher up the thread says it's increasing to £10 (+25%) next season. For the airport that's 100% more than last season and 100% more than supporters of SRD are charged (so I'm told).
By KayleighBaxter
Sorry sorry sorry trying to read / reply far too quickly - I thought the post had referred to the seasonal cost which is £130.

I'm unsure on what SRD pay off-site but as I said they have a hugely reduced number of cars attending and the airport isn't an official off-site parking location. We're currently working with Peel re: the space available at Barton and the potential works that can be done to ensure there is a larger area guaranteed for our matchday parking.
By Altishark
Kayleigh mentioned that an email had gone out to all onsite parking season ticket holders re Final on 15 March - we didn’t receive this (I’ve checked in junk) - we got the info re next season by post & email but no mention re the final on 15 March. Luckily I’ve managed to book pass online & it says only a few left - I wonder how many others haven’t been notified, especially as we didn’t have to purchase a pass for the Semi final? Parking off site is very difficult when you’re a blue badge holder.
By wrinklieshark
Well the system is working, though busy- I've managed to book blue badge parking for next season having dialled maybe a dozen times. Then I read this from Kayleigh, and realised there was no panic to renew blue badge season parking!

'There is a reduction in the number of non-disabled parking passes for 20/21 season (this has allowed us to increase m-b-m disabled spaces and seasonal disabled spaces) so those with a current disabled pass still need to be purchased however it won't be first come first serve as they are only on sale to current pass holders and there are more passes available than those that have purchased this season'
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]