By Olyy
Are Ealing even eligible for promotion? Their ground holds 4k - they'd need to do a London Welsh and upsticks, which didn't exactly work out for Welsh.
And that's even after making up the pretty sizeable points difference.

I guess their fear is that Sarries bounce back up next season and then the league is ring-fenced, leaving them without an opportunity for promotion for the foreseeable future.
By iBozz
The significant reduction in funding for the Championship and lower leagues, suggested by the RFU a while since and before this Covid-19 pandemic, would pretty well have ring-fenced the Premiership by default. What lower league Club could afford the expense of becoming Premiership compliant when half of their funding disappears?

The cynic in me wonders whether this wasn't part of the objective anyway.
By Elgar
He hits the nail on the head for me. Good on him.

Trailfinders matchday is a great day out so I assume they are good club and this is out of character.
By ageinghoody
I might possibly have some sympathy if Ealing were five or fewer points adrift with that game in hand, but even then it would be "That's really tough. Oh well s**t happens!", and far worse to many other people at the moment!

Poor show, Ealing. :no:
By Litzy Cole
As much as I would love Ealing to enter the Premiership (it's my home town), they are being a ridiculous.

Their ground is too small, but they could move north a few hundred metres and build a new stadium in Perivale park, which is near the A40. Obviously there are the major stumbling blocks of money and planning permission, but anything is possible.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]