Teddy Leatherbarrow
Joe Jones
Rob Webber
Rouban Birch
James Williams
Ciaran Booth
Nic Dolly
By FarnhamShark
Can't find anything on the offy, though. As a non-user of social media, I'm glad people post on this web site - it's the only way I find out what's going on! (Except I still don't understand some of these names).
By Lord Elpus
FarnhamShark wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:31 am
Can't find anything on the offy, though. As a non-user of social media, I'm glad people post on this web site - it's the only way I find out what's going on! (Except I still don't understand some of these names).
That's because they're still there on the Iffy squad lists.
By Olyy
Shark in Exile wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:00 pm
Mark Sturgess
Matt!

One thing of note:
Bryn Evans was not announced as a leaver! I'd resigned myself to his departure

We've not announced any re-signings - maybe he's signed a 1yr extension like Yarde?
By FarnhamShark
Lord Elpus wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:46 pm
FarnhamShark wrote:
I had actually noticed! That's my point - I'd expect the Club's official web site to be updated more-or-less at the same time as announcements are made via social media, but it doesn't seem to be happening.
By IrishShark
FarnhamShark wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:01 am
Lord Elpus wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:46 pm
FarnhamShark wrote:
I had actually noticed! That's my point - I'd expect the Club's official web site to be updated more-or-less at the same time as announcements are made via social media, but it doesn't seem to be happening.
It's likely they've limited staff at the moment so editing profiles isn't a massive concern.
By Lord Elpus
What else are they doing? It's not only updating the Iffy - and companies which advertise non-existent staff on official websites are very misleading - informing fans of departures (as well as arrivals) on whichever medium they use to bull up the business.
By Olyy
Website is likely ran by an agency whereas social media is in house - I used to work for an agency that ran the websites of some pretty big companies and I know that they've been furloughed for a while now
By iBozz
Olyy wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:49 pm
Website is likely ran by an agency whereas social media is in house - I used to work for an agency that ran the websites of some pretty big companies and I know that they've been furloughed for a while now

A fair point, Olyy, but the problem with having too many information streams for one organisation - for example FaceBook and/or Twitter and/or TikTok and/or Instagram and/or whatever the latest briefly fashionable social media might be - together with a website is that unless you update them all with news at the same time, especially late breaking news like time and location changes for a match, a fair number of the intended audience will miss the announcements ot get confused.

There is also a sizeable chunk of the overall population, both rugby and wider, who do not "do" social media or who are leaving it because of the amount of rubbish on there (I believe that FB's user base was shrinking, for example, even before the current advertisers' boycott) for whom the website is the main source of information.

As a general observation and not related to out of date player profiles, or indeed Sale or rugby, etc. if a website cannot be updated speedily for whatever reason then they should have a clickable link to their social media stream of choice stating that all late breaking news can be found there. That way, no-one will miss out on the news merely because they don't subscribe to or monitor all social media streams or get confused about which are updated immediately and which are not.
By Olyy
Turns out Bryn is leaving - a bit unceremoniously, just in an ins/outs roundup. All the other players got, at minimum, a social media post dedicated to them.....

Squad for the remainder of 19/20:
FORWARDS:
Ross Harrison
Valery Morozov
Coenie Oosthuizen
Jake Cooper-Woolley
Will-Griff John
Akker Van Der Merwe
Curtis Langdon
Cameron Nield
Lood De Jager
Josh Beaumont
James Phillips
Matt Postlethwaite
Cobus Wiese (*Subject to Visa)
Ben Curry
Tom Curry
Jono Ross (Captain)
Jean-Luc Du Preez
Daniel Du Preez

BACKS:
Faf De Klerk
Will Cliff
Gus Warr
Kieran Wilkinson
Rob Du Preez
AJ MacGinty
Sam James
Luke James
Sam Hill
Rohan Janse Van Rensburg
Denny Solomona
Marland Yarde
Byron McGuigan
Arron Reed
Simon Hammersley

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Nic Dolly
Rob Webber
Joe Jones
Bryn Evans
Rouban Birch
Ciaran Booth
Mark Wilson
Teddy Leatherbarrow
Sam Dugdale
Matt Sturgess
James Williams

https://www.salesharks.com/2020/07/07/s ... firmation/
By Van Cannonball
Interesting that Neild is named in the hooker section.

Also clearly need another full back option In the squad with Ashton having left unless Luke plays there more with Sam Hill in centres.
By Elgar
Would expect to see Luke James play a lot of fullback (I think his best game yet was vs Quins at home wearing 15).

I think Reed and Wilkinson can / will also cover 15.
By Van Cannonball
Olyy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:04 pm
Turns out Bryn is leaving - a bit unceremoniously, just in an ins/outs roundup. All the other players got, at minimum, a social media post dedicated to them.....

Squad for the remainder of 19/20:
FORWARDS:
Ross Harrison
Valery Morozov
Coenie Oosthuizen
Jake Cooper-Woolley
Will-Griff John
Akker Van Der Merwe
Curtis Langdon
Cameron Nield
Lood De Jager
Josh Beaumont
James Phillips
Matt Postlethwaite
Cobus Wiese (*Subject to Visa)
Ben Curry
Tom Curry
Jono Ross (Captain)
Jean-Luc Du Preez
Daniel Du Preez

BACKS:
Faf De Klerk
Will Cliff
Gus Warr
Kieran Wilkinson
Rob Du Preez
AJ MacGinty
Sam James
Luke James
Sam Hill
Rohan Janse Van Rensburg
Denny Solomona
Marland Yarde
Byron McGuigan
Arron Reed
Simon Hammersley

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Nic Dolly
Rob Webber
Joe Jones
Bryn Evans
Rouban Birch
Ciaran Booth
Mark Wilson
Teddy Leatherbarrow
Sam Dugdale
Matt Sturgess
James Williams

https://www.salesharks.com/2020/07/07/s ... firmation/
Club has posted a separate tribute and announced a rare interview for the end of the week. Hope he and Rob can come back for a fans send off when things are more back to normal.
By Litzy Cole
Elgar wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:05 pm
Would expect to see Luke James play a lot of fullback (I think his best game yet was vs Quins at home wearing 15).

What's wrong with Hammersley?
By Olyy
dinogyro wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:25 pm
Elgar wrote:

Nothing wrong with Hammersley but he can't play the full 80 twice a week for the rest of the season
By Litzy Cole
True. Not fully up to speed with the proposed programme!
By poyntonshark
Olyy wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:03 pm
dinogyro wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:25 pm
Elgar wrote:

Nothing wrong with Hammersley but he can't play the full 80 twice a week for the rest of the season

Ross Harrison could do 80 at prop one week and 80 at 15 the next, would be like a holiday for him.
By StalyShark
It’s odd that Bryn is still in the pre-mid season training photos. Have we missed something..?
By Van Cannonball
The Bryn leaving interview advertised on Twitter has also not appeared although I guess the club have been distracted with Manu.

However, he was certainly saying his farewells on Twitter so would be surprising if not left although great news if he could contribute to this run in.
By Yareet
Just a thought but has the Wiese visa (sorry!) situation been resolved?

Could Bryn be staying until Wiese arrives?
By Lord Elpus
Evans leaving is a blow. As Webber said he had the ability to make dodgy throws winnable and he was the best lineout stealer to have played for us.

Our hookers are now Akker, Langdon and Neild. Imho none are great throwers.
By Olyy
Maybe he's signed a cheeky extension until the end of the 19/20 season? There's been a few players dotted around the league that have postponed their leaving to see out the season (Steenson, for example).
I hope so, he was in fine form and I've not seen Beaumont in any of the training shots (I don't think?) so we'd be understaffed in the secondrow without Wiese here yet
By IrishShark
"IElTS tests have been suspended in South Africa until 31 July 2020"

Wiese delay time period for those wondering
Olyy liked this
By AndaleManito
Seems as though until Weise arrives and Beaumont is fit, we will only have 4 second rows, one of whom is still very raw (though imo a great prospect) and the other is a converted 6:

Lood
Phillips
JLDP
Postlethwaite

I know DDP can probably cover lock as well, but if we're playing multiple games a week it would seem that until Weise and Beau are ready we might be a bit light. Would only take one injury for three of them to be playing every game.
Olyy liked this
By Yareet
AndaleManito wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:59 am
Seems as though until Weise arrives and Beaumont is fit, we will only have 4 second rows, one of whom is still very raw (though imo a great prospect) and the other is a converted 6:

Lood
Phillips
JLDP
Postlethwaite

I know DDP can probably cover lock as well, but if we're playing multiple games a week it would seem that until Weise and Beau are ready we might be a bit light. Would only take one injury for three of them to be playing every game.
Beaumont saying he’s not far away https://www.talkingrugbyunion.co.uk/jos ... /27610.htm
Olyy liked this
By Major Bloodnok
Oh, this really frustrates me.

I got a 404 from @Olyy's link. No matter, think I, I'll go to the home page and find it there. Can I find the article? Can I beggary.

What is so difficult about applying the principle that (recent) items should be easy to find? I mean, for goodness' sake, it's dated 5th of August, it should be right there on the front page. It's not like it's of minority interest, is it?

Thing is, I can't even get a hint of where to start looking from the URL, since that has no indication of what category it's under.

/rant
By Van Cannonball
Weird, it was working yesterday.

Good interview although a little bit too much Of what sounds like Sale marketing in there for me.
By poyntonshark
I'm guessing that either the club noticed something wrong in the article, or someone complained about something in the article. There is now only one news item available under yesterday's date. Assuming I am correct I would expect it to return soon.
By Olyy
I'm guessing they pulled it due to Prem Rugby announcing this new match pass bt sports thing, which needs to be pride of place as first item on the site

Maybe they'll repost it tomorrow?
It's a good interview as well
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]