By Flumpty
Father, please can you forgive me ?

I am about to perform the most heinous act, of which I will be truly, truly ashamed. I am about to do something so disgusting that I fera that I will be shunned by everyone that knows me, my family and even my dog.
An act that is so reprehensible, that no right minded human being could ever feel comfortable performing.
I have Dantes Inferno pluggd into my SatNav, as there is only one possible destination for me afetr I have taken the direction of darkness and plunged into a lifetime of damnation and self loathing.

From 17.30 tonight, I will be cheering on Leicester Tigers, in their game against Bristol.

Is there any hope left at all for me, even in a slither, or will I be Doomed forever.
AndaleManito, BenHK and 1 others liked this
I have to confess that about fifteen years ago I bought a Tigers shirt!

It was a birthday present for my wife who was born in Loughborough, knows nothing about rugby and cares even less, but liked the shirt. It's a change strip, mostly blue and red.

Also she worked for Hewlett Packard for about twenty years and their sponsor logo appears on the shirt
AndaleManito liked this
They're on BT Sports Extra - all 3. Currently the Cheetahs are getting another stuffing which , for a Sale supporter, is nearly as good as Sale winning. Oirish and Wuss are winning at h-t. There's radio commentary on the BBC Sports site.

Flumpty - say 10 Hail Marys, put a tenner in the Father's whiskey fund and convert to Greek Orhodoxy .
By iBozz
Flumpty wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:30 pm
Is there any hope left at all for me, even in a slither, or will I be Doomed forever.

Needs must when the devil drives.

I have absolutely no idea what that means and nor, I suspect, did Shakespeare but it sounds as if it should be appropriate for your circumstances as described.
Flumpty liked this
Now that the game is over, things can return to normal again.

It does feel so good to see Tigers being absolutely, completely and comprehensively demolished. Again.

I thought that CMK had another good game tonight.
Flumpty wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:54 pm
Now that the game is over, things can return to normal again.

It does feel so good to see Tigers being absolutely, completely and comprehensively demolished. Again.

I thought that CMK had another good game tonight.
Re your last paragraph, yes. A year or two ago he was taking quite a bit of flak for his refereeing, on here at least.
Flumpty liked this
By iBozz
DaveAitch wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 pm
If you want to see what's on where as regards sport have a look at wheresthematch.com

Useful link, Dave. You don't happen to know of one which includes radio commentaries for those of us who don't watch TV, do you?
Thank you for the information about the televised matches...but I can't access BTSport Extra...because I'm not very good at red buttons and stuff.
It says that it's on the red button- but at what point is the red button accessible?
I go onto the Sky menu, across to Sport, find the BT channels 1 & 2 and then what?
Any help will be welcome!
I tend to just key in the channel number. BTExtra being 450 to 450someting,rather than using red button.(on theBT box other types will differ, and I'm not sure if all channels are avialable on all systems). I'm not sure what the HD channels are. I ometimes have one game on the TV then use the laptop or phone to keep a check on the other games.
iBozz, I don't know of a similar schedule for radio, but then I haven't ever tried to find one; maybe there is one out there waiting to be found.
DaveAitch wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 pm
Re your last paragraph, yes. A year or two ago he was taking quite a bit of flak for his refereeing, on here at least.
I think it less than a year ago that he was taking flak. I have no specific examples to back this up, but my perception is that he changed during lockdown. To be fair I think he deserved a good deal of the flak he used to get, he generally looked like a 12-year-old reffing a game between his schoolmasters, he had no authority at all, was indecisive almost apologetic for having to make a decision, and had no empathy or rapport with the players. Since lockdown he has changed completely he has a confidence about him, he has banter with the players, he often has a smile on his face and makes decisions and communicates those decisions well. Whatever he and/or the RFU ref training unit have done has clearly worked. CMK was comfortably the worst of a good bunch of young refs currently in the Prem, he is now one of the best.
For those on Virgin with BT sports in the package select channel 527 or 528 and press the red button on your controller. You will then have the choice of one of the games on the extra channels.

Note that you cannot do this using TV GO on other devices as there is no red button.
Poynters, I did extend my post originally and then scrapped the ending. What I did say was (words to the effect of)....and don't forget a certain DOR not far from here made comment, a good few years ago, about the poor refereeing of a reasonably young referee. That referee is now considered to be one of the world's best: Wayne Barnes.
We maybe expect too much from referees, particularly at the start of their careers.
By iBozz
DaveAitch wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:54 pm
iBozz, I don't know of a similar schedule for radio, but then I haven't ever tried to find one; maybe there is one out there waiting to be found.

In the same way that the business world is increasingly assuming that everyone has a smartphone (I do now, but under protest, I still can't see the need to be on-line 24/7), they are increasingly forgetting that not everyone watches or has a TV.

By 'eck, I'm getting old.
By Flumpty
iBozz wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:46 am
they are increasingly forgetting that not everyone watches or has a TV.

Surely the %ge of people who don't have access to a tv is tiny and providing dedicated services for that group would be prohibitely expensive.
By iBozz
Flumpty wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:50 am
iBozz wrote:

Surely the %ge of people who don't have access to a tv is tiny and providing dedicated services for that group would be prohibitely expensive.

I'm not asking for a dedicated service, just comprehensive information. When I used to compile the "places to watch or listen" list it didn't take much longer to do both. I admit the whole exercise was a pain in the fundament due to the lack of information, even though I was only covering one Club in one sport once a week(ish) for half a year(ish) but the difference between doing one or both was minimal.
Flumpty wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:50 am
iBozz wrote:

It wasn't too long ago (the current century) that an aged member of a club I belong to complained that no-one was writing to or calling on him to advise of changes to the club's programme, because "not everybody is on the phone".

We did ask him if he wanted a telegram!
ageinghoody wrote: It wasn't too long ago (the current century) that an aged member of a club I belong to complained that no-one was writing to or calling on him to advise of changes to the club's programme, because "not everybody is on the phone".

...er... iBozz at Sale FC?
iBozz, Flumpty liked this
Lord Elpus wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:24 pm
ageinghoody wrote: It wasn't too long ago (the current century) that an aged member of a club I belong to complained that no-one was writing to or calling on him to advise of changes to the club's programme, because "not everybody is on the phone".

...er... iBozz at Sale FC?
I shouldn't think anyone on here knew this, now 3 years deceased, person, unless they live in Gee Cross. :)

Tell

Sarries game

Massively tempting to put TC back in if fit. Head […]

Team S'Up for't Tigers

Which will be the reason we don't qualify, not the[…]

PIERS O'CONOR - BEARS TRIBUTE

He may be Connacht-bound, but he'll always be a Br[…]