By KayleighBaxter
Hi all

Thanks for your feedback;

- PA system was turned down this week - glad it was a better volume
- Ref mic was on and tested OK but we think it may have been a problem with the BT install - we will look into this
- The groundsmen work on the pitch and were out at half-time unfortunately the ball boys aren't able to go onto the pitch to help

Thanks as always

Kayleigh
iBozz, wrinklieshark liked this
By ShawShark
On Twitter Harlequins have put on a link to a tweet we have put out
It directs you to our website page matchday info-harlequins
https://www.salesharks.com/2021/10/12/m ... arlequins/

The page talks about the Trafford Centre shuttle bus but doesn't mention it has to be pre-booked and has to be booked before Friday !

It says its great for fans using the Trafford Centre tram stop but no mention of parking there.

I know there was a previous post about parking there, but are we not recommending it now?
By dinogyro
Also, it may be just my terrible eyesight, but when you get off the tram, I didn't see any obvious signs for the bus station. I'm sure there must be some but maybe the club could talk to the TC and get them to put up something obvious?

I would imagine a lot of people get off the tram and look for a bus connection?
By iBozz
ShawShark wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:16 pm
On Twitter Harlequins have put on a link to a tweet we have put out
It directs you to our website page matchday info-harlequins
https://www.salesharks.com/2021/10/12/m ... arlequins/

The page talks about the Trafford Centre shuttle bus but doesn't mention it has to be pre-booked and has to be booked before Friday !

It says its great for fans using the Trafford Centre tram stop but no mention of parking there.

I know there was a previous post about parking there, but are we not recommending it now?

The parking worries just now relate to people not parking correctly in designated bays as they will probably be fined.

The Trafford Centre Shuttle has, thus far, accepted walk-ups who pay the £1.00 fare in cash to the Bus Queue Stewards.
By KayleighBaxter
hi all

Thanks for letting me know - I'm unsure on the comms that Quins have put out but we have matchday travel plan info going out that details how to plan your journey etc.

There are signs at the Trafford Centre for the bus stand / stop - it's the only bus stand at the site and it's shown on all Trafford Centre maps.

Thanks

KB
By ShawShark
KayleighBaxter wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 am
I'm unsure on the comms that Quins have put out but we have matchday travel plan info going out that details how to plan your journey etc
Hi Kayleigh.

On our website under latest news is "matchday news - Harlequins" (link to that page is in my other post) in that article, on the main page it doesn't mention booking the shuttle in advance

We have put out a matchday travel plan, its included in a tweet "Matchday Info - plan your journeys" which links to the page on our website. Harlequins retweeted it.

If the shuttle needs to be booked in advance then it should be made clearer in the article on our website.

Hope this makes my previous post a little clearer
By Buelligansmate
Hi Kayleigh,

Will Liverpool Road be 2 lanes towards the stadium from the motorway roundabout before kick off this week and reversed for after the match finishes?

It hasn't been so far this season and traffic was slow to clear the exit slip road off the motorway for the 2 home games so far.

Martin
By Alex
@KayleighBaxter sorry not one technically for the club but the signs in the south stand say £4.20 for a Fosters but we've been charged £5.20, is this correct?
By iBozz
Alex wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:26 pm
@KayleighBaxter sorry not one technically for the club but the signs in the south stand say £4.20 for a Fosters but we've been charged £5.20, is this correct?

They’ve been trying to overcharge the published prices all term but, if you object strongly enough, they often cave in. It does leave a nasty taste in the mouth, though, and indicates that we don’t matter to the Caterers.
By Flumpty
South Stand turnstiles were really poor tonight.
Long queues and both sets of turnstiles and at each, only a single turnstile letting people in.
Lots of people missed the start of the game as a result - very poor.

On a plus point - the buses leaving the ground for the Trauma Centre was a very slick operation.
By JohnJ of HM
Hi Kayleigh,

I was stil getting the BT commentary instead of the reflink for much of last night's game. Can anything be done about this?
By Flumpty
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:09 am
Hi Kayleigh,

I was stil getting the BT commentary instead of the reflink for much of last night's game. Can anything be done about this?
& even worse, it was Austin Healey until the reflink kicked in after 20 mins or so.

I did notice that Leicester and Sarries had their […]

Gloucester (H)

Agreed on the offside, some fans near me were over[…]

Palava

15/10/21: Sale 28 Harlequins 22

Danny Care is, like so many scrum-halves, a gobby,[…]