By KayleighBaxter
Hi all

Thanks for your feedback;

- PA system was turned down this week - glad it was a better volume
- Ref mic was on and tested OK but we think it may have been a problem with the BT install - we will look into this
- The groundsmen work on the pitch and were out at half-time unfortunately the ball boys aren't able to go onto the pitch to help

Thanks as always

Kayleigh
iBozz, wrinklieshark liked this
By ShawShark
On Twitter Harlequins have put on a link to a tweet we have put out
It directs you to our website page matchday info-harlequins
https://www.salesharks.com/2021/10/12/m ... arlequins/

The page talks about the Trafford Centre shuttle bus but doesn't mention it has to be pre-booked and has to be booked before Friday !

It says its great for fans using the Trafford Centre tram stop but no mention of parking there.

I know there was a previous post about parking there, but are we not recommending it now?
By dinogyro
Also, it may be just my terrible eyesight, but when you get off the tram, I didn't see any obvious signs for the bus station. I'm sure there must be some but maybe the club could talk to the TC and get them to put up something obvious?

I would imagine a lot of people get off the tram and look for a bus connection?
By iBozz
ShawShark wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:16 pm
On Twitter Harlequins have put on a link to a tweet we have put out
It directs you to our website page matchday info-harlequins
https://www.salesharks.com/2021/10/12/m ... arlequins/

The page talks about the Trafford Centre shuttle bus but doesn't mention it has to be pre-booked and has to be booked before Friday !

It says its great for fans using the Trafford Centre tram stop but no mention of parking there.

I know there was a previous post about parking there, but are we not recommending it now?

The parking worries just now relate to people not parking correctly in designated bays as they will probably be fined.

The Trafford Centre Shuttle has, thus far, accepted walk-ups who pay the £1.00 fare in cash to the Bus Queue Stewards.
By KayleighBaxter
hi all

Thanks for letting me know - I'm unsure on the comms that Quins have put out but we have matchday travel plan info going out that details how to plan your journey etc.

There are signs at the Trafford Centre for the bus stand / stop - it's the only bus stand at the site and it's shown on all Trafford Centre maps.

Thanks

KB
By ShawShark
KayleighBaxter wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 am
I'm unsure on the comms that Quins have put out but we have matchday travel plan info going out that details how to plan your journey etc
Hi Kayleigh.

On our website under latest news is "matchday news - Harlequins" (link to that page is in my other post) in that article, on the main page it doesn't mention booking the shuttle in advance

We have put out a matchday travel plan, its included in a tweet "Matchday Info - plan your journeys" which links to the page on our website. Harlequins retweeted it.

If the shuttle needs to be booked in advance then it should be made clearer in the article on our website.

Hope this makes my previous post a little clearer
By Buelligansmate
Hi Kayleigh,

Will Liverpool Road be 2 lanes towards the stadium from the motorway roundabout before kick off this week and reversed for after the match finishes?

It hasn't been so far this season and traffic was slow to clear the exit slip road off the motorway for the 2 home games so far.

Martin
By Alex
@KayleighBaxter sorry not one technically for the club but the signs in the south stand say £4.20 for a Fosters but we've been charged £5.20, is this correct?
By iBozz
Alex wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:26 pm
@KayleighBaxter sorry not one technically for the club but the signs in the south stand say £4.20 for a Fosters but we've been charged £5.20, is this correct?

They’ve been trying to overcharge the published prices all term but, if you object strongly enough, they often cave in. It does leave a nasty taste in the mouth, though, and indicates that we don’t matter to the Caterers.
By Flumpty
South Stand turnstiles were really poor tonight.
Long queues and both sets of turnstiles and at each, only a single turnstile letting people in.
Lots of people missed the start of the game as a result - very poor.

On a plus point - the buses leaving the ground for the Trauma Centre was a very slick operation.
By JohnJ of HM
Hi Kayleigh,

I was stil getting the BT commentary instead of the reflink for much of last night's game. Can anything be done about this?
By Flumpty
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:09 am
Hi Kayleigh,

I was stil getting the BT commentary instead of the reflink for much of last night's game. Can anything be done about this?
& even worse, it was Austin Healey until the reflink kicked in after 20 mins or so.
By Signsurfer
Terrible service in the East Stand on Friday, 15-20 min queue to get in then 30minute wait at the bar for a drink
There were seven members of staff behind the bar and it was serving one at a time, absolutely shocking.
Some quins fans had driven 5 hours only to just get in on time, then miss half the game queing for a drink. I apologised..... (I shouldnt have to FFS)
We must have one of the worst reputations for on-site service in the league.
If you need me to email someone at the club I will do gladly if you can tell me the correct club email address
AonM liked this
By AonM
Signsurfer wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:07 pm
Terrible service in the East Stand on Friday, 15-20 min queue to get in then 30minute wait at the bar for a drink
There were seven members of staff behind the bar and it was serving one at a time, absolutely shocking.
Some quins fans had driven 5 hours only to just get in on time, then miss half the game queing for a drink. I apologised..... (I shouldnt have to FFS)
If you need me to email someone at the club I will do gladly if you can tell me the correct club email address
It was shocking.
By chris1850
We know it is the Council who are responsible for staffing the catering outlets inside the ground and I suspect there is little or nothing that can be done to improve the service as long as the current arrangements exist. Let's be honest, if they can't get it right after 8 years or so, there really is little hope.

Out of interest though, who is responsible for ensuring all the turnstiles are open? One closed turnstiles out of three (which often happens in the West Stand) makes a big difference. Particularly as people are still getting to grips with digital tickets.

Also, who mans the bar in the Sharquee? This always seems more efficient than the outlets in the ground.

Give the whole catering contract to the hardworking people that run the burger van in front of the West Stand. They are brilliant!!
By Shaftesbury Shark
Can only agree re. the East stand service. Absolutely awful at half time - I joined the queue just before half time (just after the try was scored) and had moved approx. half way to getting served when the 2nd half kicked off.

There were so many people really hacked off, they're just wanting to spend money FFS - how difficult can it be? Come down to buy a drink/snack, stand around for 20 mins, get nowhere and then go back to their seats with nothing, or miss another 10-20 mins of the match waiting. It's just an awful way to treat the fans!

Having noted the poor service before it is incomprehensible how much worse it was on Friday, I didn't think it was possible. Lack of any organisation of the queues, slow service, wrong prices, card readers not working, and worst of all, no sign that there was anyone there who could care less. It gives an awful impression of the club - I know they maybe don't have control over the service, but this isn't apparent to most of the fans there, it is just bad as far as they can see, and totally disrespecting people who just want to spend their money.
chris1850, AonM liked this
By Signsurfer
chris1850 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:24 pm
We know it is the Council who are responsible for staffing the catering outlets inside the ground and I suspect there is little or nothing that can be done to improve the service as long as the current arrangements exist. Let's be honest, if they can't get it right after 8 years or so, there really is little hope.
Its never been this bad, previous years there was a queue at the start of the game, but 10 mins after kick off, I could nip down grab a guinness and be back in seat in less than 3 mins.
There was a 30minute queue ALL game
By KayleighBaxter
Hi all

Thanks as always for your feedback. We have raised issues with turnstiles and queue's caused and catering queue's with the stadium management and Elior (catering company).

We are working on various solutions and hope that we can make improvements ahead of the next fixture.

We are aware of the issues with the ref comms - we have got a member of staff on-site reviewing this at our next fixture.

Thanks

KB
By SixNineOne
Hi Kayleigh,
As an occasional visitor to the AJ Bell, may I add my voice to the the home fans’ feedback on the match day experience? I was at the Sale v Saints match a few weeks ago and, as a neutral, I took the opportunity to speak to quite a few supporters, both home and away, ranging from a few 20-somethings through to the wrinkly brigade. They were unanimous in saying that they hated the loud music played in the pre-match build up and the intervals in play. I couldn’t find anyone who liked it and most found it downright uncomfortable. I like coming to the AJ Bell as there’s normally a great bunch of people there, but this seriously detracted from my enjoyment and is really quite off-putting. The solution is simple - just tell the knucklehead in charge of the volume control that he’s going to cost the club future business if he persists with this childish behaviour!
I’ll be back up at the end of February when my team visits the AJ Bell, so I’m fervently hoping that the volume control has been safely locked in a childproof cupboard by then!
Thanks for your help!
By chris1850
Hi Kayleigh

Can you confirm the reason why the bar in the Sharquee was closed at least 40 minutes before last Fridays game? Thanks
By KayleighBaxter
SixNineOne wrote:Hi Kayleigh,
As an occasional visitor to the AJ Bell, may I add my voice to the the home fans’ feedback on the match day experience? I was at the Sale v Saints match a few weeks ago and, as a neutral, I took the opportunity to speak to quite a few supporters, both home and away, ranging from a few 20-somethings through to the wrinkly brigade. They were unanimous in saying that they hated the loud music played in the pre-match build up and the intervals in play. I couldn’t find anyone who liked it and most found it downright uncomfortable. I like coming to the AJ Bell as there’s normally a great bunch of people there, but this seriously detracted from my enjoyment and is really quite off-putting. The solution is simple - just tell the knucklehead in charge of the volume control that he’s going to cost the club future business if he persists with this childish behaviour!
I’ll be back up at the end of February when my team visits the AJ Bell, so I’m fervently hoping that the volume control has been safely locked in a childproof cupboard by then!
Thanks for your help!

Hi SixNineOne,

Thanks for your message - I appreciate your feedback (with the exception of calling my colleagues that run the sound knuckleheads....)
We've had feedback previously and continue to work on song choice / time of songs played etc - without wishing to disappoint you the Club will continue to play music pre-match, half time and at key moments during the game - hopefully you'll find the song choice and volume better when you return.

Thanks again

Kayleigh
By KayleighBaxter
chris1850 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 am
Hi Kayleigh

Can you confirm the reason why the bar in the Sharquee was closed at least 40 minutes before last Fridays game? Thanks
Hi Chris1850,

The Marquee closes 30 minutes before KO to allow supporters plenty of time to access the stadium - apologies if it was closed sooner I'll let Elior know to review.

Thanks

Kayleigh
By wrinklieshark
re the 'music'...
I agree (as one of the wrinkly brigade) with SixNineOne's post above, and suggest that whoever is in charge of the so called music be asked to sit in the West Stand, in line with a speaker.
It is extremely unpleasant, and whilst the choice of music may not be to everyone's taste (certainly not mine, but you would have guessed that from the 'wrinkly brigade' above) it is the volume that is just unacceptable. The childish interruptions when the opposition makes a mistake is also very unpleasant and embarrassing. It needs to stop.
By chris1850
KayleighBaxter wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 pm
chris1850 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 am
Hi Kayleigh

Hi Chris1850,

The Marquee closes 30 minutes before KO to allow supporters plenty of time to access the stadium - apologies if it was closed sooner I'll let Elior know to review.

Thanks

Kayleigh
Thanks Kayleigh
By Bronzbronx
Hi @KayleighBaxter

I received an email from the club regarding half price tickets for Ospreys game. However no discount is applied to the basket when i added tickets. Should there be a promo code to add?

Thanks
By PACMANPROP
Hi Kayleigh,
Can you let me know what are the Covid requirements for entering the ground on Saturday, also is it compulsory to wear a mask on the bus to and from Makro.
Thank you
Paul Clements
snaderson liked this
By Signsurfer
for some reason this didnt post after wasps game? :-

Still no change here, absolutely fuming last saturday. Went straight from work, (no lunch), queued for 25 mins to get pie and pint only to be told the food was sold out (this is 5 mins before kick off), could not afford to wait any longer in another queue.
Utter utter shambles, I say again - It has never been this bad and it isnt like this at any other grounds........
Luckily we won... however there is NO 'matchday experience' at AJ Bell anymore

Signsurfer wrote:
AonM liked this
By KayleighBaxter
Hi Signsurfer,

I'm really sorry to read your comments - I will make Andrea (Elior stadium catering) know. Can you please let me know where in the stadium this was (which stand and ideally which end of the stand?)

Thanks

Signsurfer wrote:for some reason this didnt post after wasps game? :-

Still no change here, absolutely fuming last saturday. Went straight from work, (no lunch), queued for 25 mins to get pie and pint only to be told the food was sold out (this is 5 mins before kick off), could not afford to wait any longer in another queue.
Utter utter shambles, I say again - It has never been this bad and it isnt like this at any other grounds........

Signsurfer wrote:
By Signsurfer
Our seats are East stand Block 04 and the bar in question is directly below us
KayleighBaxter wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:49 pm
Hi Signsurfer,

I'm really sorry to read your comments - I will make Andrea (Elior stadium catering) know. Can you please let me know where in the stadium this was (which stand and ideally which end of the stand?)

Thanks

Signsurfer wrote:for some reason this didnt post after wasps game? :-

Signsurfer wrote:
By Bronzbronx
Will the canal side gate at the stadium be open this Sunday or is it always open on match days. Thanks
By KayleighBaxter
Hi Bronzbronx,

We are unable to request that the gate is opened so I'm afraid I can't confirm if it will be.

Thanks
Bronzbronx wrote:Will the canal side gate at the stadium be open this Sunday or is it always open on match days. Thanks
Bronzbronx liked this
By SSR
Will the Covid Pass requirement be in force this Sunday for the Tigers game.
Not that I am anti at all ( Covid figures are useless now that testing positive not
being reported and not counting reinfections), just not having a smart phone,
the paper versions only have a short expiry date and is a pain for me to print out.
Thanks.
By ledzepsfr
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 am
Will the Covid Pass requirement be in force this Sunday for the Tigers game.
Not that I am anti at all ( Covid figures are useless now that testing positive not
being reported and not counting reinfections), just not having a smart phone,
the paper versions only have a short expiry date and is a pain for me to print out.
Thanks.
Why would a paper version have an expiry date? Does your vaccine expire?
By SSR
Your Covid status changes IF you inform them of any infection ( sadly that has ceased to
be effective with the new reliance on home lateral flow tests ). The paper printout
only has a two day validity , presumably to cover for a 3 day incubation period.
The cynic in me sees the dramatic drop in official infection numbers is more than partly due
to the lateral flow positive results not being recorded officially. ( Don't want the the
Government positive message being messed up by the figures )
By snaderson
Hi @KayleighBaxter,

It's great that the Bristol Euro match is included in the season ticket in lieu of the cancelled Clermont game. However, for those of us who can't make the new fixture, is there any kind of recompense?

Thanks
Phil
By KayleighBaxter
Hi Sanderson,

Thanks for your message - please can you email me kayleigh.baxter@salesharks.com

Thanks

snaderson wrote:Hi @KayleighBaxter,

It's great that the Bristol Euro match is included in the season ticket in lieu of the cancelled Clermont game. However, for those of us who can't make the new fixture, is there any kind of recompense?

Thanks
Phil
By wrinklieshark
Hi Kayleigh
Just had an email inviting us to renew season tickets from April 19th.
Please could you tell me whether the car parking season tickets will be available before then, as my buying a season ticket depends on having a car parking space.
Thank you!
Altishark2222 liked this
By KayleighBaxter
wrinklieshark wrote:Hi Kayleigh
Just had an email inviting us to renew season tickets from April 19th.
Please could you tell me whether the car parking season tickets will be available before then, as my buying a season ticket depends on having a car parking space.
Thank you!
Hi wrinklieshark,

Yes - parking will be available to renew - we are finalising comms with them this week so hope to have an email out soon.
Thanks
By Major Bloodnok
Hi Kayleigh

Can I put in a request that the club consider a season pass on the Trafford Centre shuttle bus for next year, please?

I've just caught myself nearly forgetting – again – to book bus tickets for tomorrow's game. Since I have essentially free tram travel now, I'm going to use the TC bus to get to every game, so it would make sense to pay upfront for all the travel and not have to keep nearly forgetting to book a ticket. I'm sure there are plenty of match season ticket holders who would use the bus every time and would benefit from a seasonal pass.

I don't mind if it's just an e-mail as now or a proper ticket in my phone wallet - I'd just rather know that I've got all the travel sorted...

Cheers
By porridge
Good Morning Kayleigh

I think I read or heard some time ago that the Makro Park & Ride facility was to cease for this season & an alternative was being sought. In light of this mornings fixture publication could you please confirm this & update on the parking arrangements for fans travelling from the west.

Thank You
By wrinklieshark
Apparently Kayleigh has left Sale, which is a shame as she was always most helpful.
Messages are being passed to Paul Smith.
By JohnJ of HM
Yes agreed she was excellent. Sad loss. I did ascertain that her parents were Marillion fans and hence the name.
By iBozz
She’ll be missed.

If you read this, Kayleigh, thanks for all your help and good luck for the future.
dinogyro, Flumpty, JohnJ of HM and 3 others liked this
By PappjeShark
In which case, may I ask Paul….

My daughter won a shirt to be signed by her favourite shark in the season ticket holder draw in the May draw. We were on holiday when it was announced on Twitter, when we got back I couldn’t find an email in any of our email accounts and a message to the Twitter account has I think gone unanswered.

Who’s the best person to get in touch with to sort it out?
By chris1850
porridge wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:51 am
Good Morning Kayleigh

I think I read or heard some time ago that the Makro Park & Ride facility was to cease for this season & an alternative was being sought. In light of this mornings fixture publication could you please confirm this & update on the parking arrangements for fans travelling from the west.

Thank You
Just had confirmation from Angie that Makro is not available for 22/23 season which is a shame as it was an exceptionally slick operation. Hope they manage to find an alternative as otherwise parking once again becomes a huge problem and will put many off
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]