By Major Bloodnok
The Angel Shark wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:32 pm
Prices are set by the stadium as they own the car parking at the AJ Bell, the club get no income from it. A full coach of 52 makes that 38 and a bit pence per person.
Oh, I'm not suggesting anything, just that it'll come as a shock after all those years of just turning up. And do visiting fans know?
By M5 Shark
Ladywell Tram stop has been closed for the last few days due to a fire in the stops Electrical Room (no power for platform lights, ticket machines, emergency points).
TfGM says it is closed until further notice so keep your eyes peeled for any announcements of shuttle bus changes by the club for the first match

Edit: I can no longer see it on twitter so may have reopened
By KayleighBaxter
Major Bloodnok wrote:...although I think the £20 fee is going to come as a shock.
Hi Major Bloodnok - we have already told the Brook landlord re: the £20 coach parking cost so he's factored it in ahead of pricing the bus.

Thanks
By KayleighBaxter
M5 Shark wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:55 pm
Ladywell Tram stop has been closed for the last few days due to a fire in the stops Electrical Room (no power for platform lights, ticket machines, emergency points).
TfGM says it is closed until further notice so keep your eyes peeled for any announcements of shuttle bus changes by the club for the first match

Edit: I can no longer see it on twitter so may have reopened
Hi M5 - I hadn't seen any details about this so thanks for the update we are aware however that next weekend (21st Sept) there will be some metrolink updates and a bus replacement service will run instead. We will still be putting the shuttle on from Ladywell as it also services Eccles train station (10 minute walk to Ladywell).

Thanks

Kayleigh
By Major Bloodnok
KayleighBaxter wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:04 am
Major Bloodnok wrote:...although I think the £20 fee is going to come as a shock.
Hi Major Bloodnok - we have already told the Brook landlord re: the £20 coach parking cost so he's factored it in ahead of pricing the bus.

Thanks
👍🏻
By CaptainShark
Good evening Kayleigh,
Could you please advise if tickets for the PRC game against Northampton have already been dispatched? I am yet to receive my tickets.

Thank you.
By Flumpty
Hi Kayleigh

Are the £3.00 South Stand tickets available for purchase on the day, or do they need to be pre-purchased ?
By The Angel Shark
Yes, they can be bought from the ticket office, or if you don't want to queue you can buy them online o your phone. Select the Print at Home/Digital Ticket option then save to your Apple/Google wallet and have them scanned at the turnstiles. Make sure your browser settings allow pop-ups so you can save the tickets.
MikeGC, Flumpty liked this
By M5 Shark
Anyone know if the ladywell shuttle ran post match.

Went up and down the queue of buses but couldn't see it?
By Hilly07
I saw it coming back when we were going to the Brook coach about 17:20
By KayleighBaxter
Hi M5Shark - the Ladywell shuttle did run post match (carrying all 5 people!) Thanks, Kayleigh
By SSR
First home game at the weekend so was quite surprised at how far on the Aldi construction
was progressing. My son raised the point of how Saturday opening was going to affect access to the ground on match days - I did not know. Has this been asked before ?
Is there a separate entrance/exit to Aldi planned further down the road ?
It also looks like the Trafford Centre bus is a victim of its own success. The queues after the match was a bit of a fiasco. We eventually started walking, which proved more arduous than I remember. Is there a back way out of the ground that cuts through to the new lift bridge. I saw
some people(fans) walking along alongside the canal - would have saved a lot of time if I walk
again ?
Thanks.
By Major Bloodnok
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:55 am
First home game at the weekend so was quite surprised at how far on the Aldi construction
was progressing. My son raised the point of how Saturday opening was going to affect access to the ground on match days - I did not know. Has this been asked before ?
Is there a separate entrance/exit to Aldi planned further down the road ?
It also looks like the Trafford Centre bus is a victim of its own success. The queues after the match was a bit of a fiasco. We eventually started walking, which proved more arduous than I remember. Is there a back way out of the ground that cuts through to the new lift bridge. I saw
some people(fans) walking along alongside the canal - would have saved a lot of time if I walk
again ?
Thanks.
We were watching the bus queue from our coach. By the time we left at about 20 past 5, it had reached manageable proportions, so if you're prepared to hang around in the tent for half an hour, the bus should be easier.
By Haylingshark
As the Major said, at around 17:15, four or five TC buses returned and it seemed the vast majority of the queue was being cleared by this returning set. Not really as long a wait as the queue suggested.
All that said, I saw this as I headed over to my coach back to The Brook. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed back on said coach, but maybe that's a different story. I can however confirm that an Uber back to Sale is £17. An expensive day out after the bus fee I'd already paid!. :flamed:
By Major Bloodnok
Haylingshark wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:47 pm
As the Major said, at around 17:15, four or five TC buses returned and it seemed the vast majority of the queue was being cleared by this returning set. Not really as long a wait as the queue suggested.
All that said, I saw this as I headed over to my coach back to The Brook. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed back on said coach, but maybe that's a different story. I can however confirm that an Uber back to Sale is £17. An expensive day out after the bus fee I'd already paid!. :flamed:
Did he reimburse you like he said he would? I must say that, after that fiasco, I'm probably going to start using the TC bus myself. Definitely, once the trams are running.
By Haylingshark
Major - I am awaiting his response... I've sent him the receipt, so let's wait and see.

I think for me the most frustrating thing was that David and the driver turned a complete blind eye to the problem in getting to the game - 56 people went to the game, with people stood up without seats. He should have sorted the problem before we left The Brook - not just ignore it, and then leave us at the Stadium.
Anyway, like you, I think we'll stick with the TC bus - it's a great service just means one of us has to take turns in driving and not drinking.
Major Bloodnok liked this
By KayleighBaxter
Hi all,

Aldi (not confirmed but what we understand) will make use of the access road that used to go from Stadium Way round to the North Car Park.
Aldi's impact is (frustratingly) unknown but we're aware that they have their own traffic issues due to popularity.
We're awaiting updates from the Stadium but we are already reviewing how this will impact our match days.

The Trafford Centre bus uptake has been fantastic this season with almost 1/2 of supporters choosing to travel that way. We've worked since the 21st Sept to this weekend (just gone) on the egress process and all supporters were off-site (to 4 destinations) within 40 minutes.

We are aware of the walking distance and the path that runs along the canal - again, this is part of a wider 'walking to the stadium' piece that we are working on. We're not prepared to signpost supporters to walk that way as of yet as the path isn't well lit.

Thanks

KB
By SSR
Thank you Kayleigh .
It might be possible to have a drop off point at the new lift bridge and walk into the ground by the back entrance ? Should bypass Aldi problems that way ? Not ideal for the infirm though.
By KayleighBaxter
Hi ShawSharkRedemption,

Unfortunately there isn't a turning space or bus stop area for us to make use of - it's a great idea and would reduce the time to go around the front of the stadium past Aldi but not something we can could do as it stands.

Thanks

KB
By H's D
Delighted that the club/Stadium owners may have finally seen the light wrt separating vehicular and pedestrian traffic streams spacially as much as possible. It has always been the obvious gold standard safety-first preference.
Doing it with a 'car park shutdown' was always going to lead to delays and complaints.

Using the existing public right of way along the canal as one access route and across that green metal bridge over the Salteye Brook as another should always have been incorporated and maintained in the design.

i.e. It is very pleasing to see lots of people using the canalside footpath (during daylight at least). Lower risk of RTAs and shorter and quicker too!
Pity a pedestrian underpass under the lift-bridge approach road wasn't also created to maintain the previous right of way, even though most users can walk up the steps and cross the road reasonably safely.

Might I suggest looking into re-opening the green bridge pedestrian path in front of the stadium during daylight hours asap would be an excellent next step.
By KayleighBaxter
Hi H's D,

I think (from googlemaps) you mean an area of land (the green bridge) that is now unavailable to us following the development of the land - if that's not correct and you can indicate on a map please email me any details and I'll investigate!

Thanks

Kayleigh

Kayleigh.baxter@salesharks.com
By H's D
I fear you may be correct Kayleigh, but it is the pedestrian bridge painted green and overgrown with weeds to the right of stadium way as you leave and cross the Salteye Brook on the road bridge. There is an accompanying continuation under the new road immediately adjacent to the brook and then a xigzag, wheel chair accessible slope up to the other side of the traffic lights at the end of stadium way.
I uspect it could only be used if Aldi opted to create another entrance onto their site off the new road rather than stadium way.
Nevertheless it may be possible, so it ought to be looked into. I suspect it is an established right of way and should ultimately be re-instated. Pretty much in the centre of this Googlemaps satellite-view screenshot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eudwo5kfzirn6 ... 9.png?dl=0
By Davidthebrook
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 pm
Haylingshark wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:47 pm
Did he reimburse you like he said he would? I must say that, after that fiasco, I'm probably going to start using the TC bus myself. Definitely, once the trams are running.
Hello Major Bloodnok & Haylingshark

just reading the thread above and wanted to respone,

haylingshark as per my email i hold my hands up to the problem on saturday 4th october, as you can imagin its only the second coach i have run from the brook so there was always going to be some teething issues however this does not excuse what went wrong on that day. i have implamented a few things to stop this ever happening again. Haylingshark as you can see in my reply to your email im willing to reimburse you for the taxi cost and a few more thing to appoligise for what happened.

if yourself and major want to pop in and see myself we can sit down and go through things im going to change moving forward. i would love for you both to countiue using the coach from the brook and i can promise it will not be anything but a enjoyable experience.

David
The Brook
Flumpty, The Angel Shark, chris1850 and 2 others liked this
By Haylingshark
Hey David.
Yep, response all received, and all good. Suspect we'll go forward with a mixture of this and the TC bus.
By Major Bloodnok
Hi David. Do you work any afternoons specifically? I might pop by while I'm out walking the dog.
By Davidthebrook
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:40 pm
Hi David. Do you work any afternoons specifically? I might pop by while I'm out walking the dog.
im here most days but if you send me an email i can make sure i will be here on a day thats best for you if thats ok major
By ShawShark
With the TC buses being so popular can something be done to manage the queues? After the Gloucester game the queue was all the way around the turning circle and we had to ask people to let us through. Once through we then couldn't walk on the pavement due to people queuing for the Makro and Eccles buses. This meant we (2 adults and a small child) had to walk in the road to get past , as we were doing so one of the TC buses set off (car park was still on lock down) and we had to quickly get out of the way, because it was lock down we were not expecting any vehicles to be moving.
Opposite the Aldi is land which used to be used as a car park which had a few coaches and cars on it, could the buses not wait there so the pedrestian access would be remain free or could they not wait behind the East stand?
By KayleighBaxter
Hi ShawShark,
We're reviewing the TC bus egress service and currently have 2 staff + 5/6 volunteers supporting at every game. With almost 50% of the supporters using the shuttle services at each of the first 4 fixtures this season we've worked on bringing more buses on-site and having them parked around the back of the stadium ready to pull forward as you suggested.
We don't want to use the South car park as there will come a time that the land will be taken out of use again (it's pending confirmation at the moment which is why we have match by match access) however the current plan has worked well in terms of loading supporters.
The car park being on lock down refers only to the cars parked - this gives the shuttle buses a head start at getting out of the car park, leaves more room for cars to get up to the junction etc. Unfortunately we are limited with the space available however I'm sure any of our supporters would move out of the way on the pavement.
Thanks,

Kayleigh @ Sale Sharks
By iBozz
Hi, Kayleigh.

My IT ineptitude means that I cannot find the Jets fixtures on The Iffy, please can you point me in the right direction? If I use the site Search function for the string Jets Fixtures, I get a page of news, the latest of which is dated 22nd April 2019.

I had in mind that there was a Jets home game against Worcester Cavaliers tomorrow, Monday, so I went to the Worcester site to check and it shows the game as being at Sixways. I presume that that is correct?

https://warriors.co.uk/fixtures/cavaliers/all/current/.

Thanks.
By TeflonTed
iBozz wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:52 pm
Hi, Kayleigh.

My IT ineptitude means that I cannot find the Jets fixtures on The Iffy, please can you point me in the right direction? If I use the site Search function for the string Jets Fixtures, I get a page of news, the latest of which is dated 22nd April 2019.

I had in mind that there was a Jets home game against Worcester Cavaliers tomorrow, Monday, so I went to the Worcester site to check and it shows the game as being at Sixways. I presume that that is correct?

Thanks.

Forgive me jumping in, but I’m certainly looking forward to seeing Cavs v Jets tomorrow, at 6Ways...not your place!
iBozz liked this
By iBozz
iBozz wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:52 pm
Hi, Kayleigh.

Thanks.
Can't anyone help me to find the Jets' fixtures, please?
By iBozz
broadbottomshark wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:12 pm
go to www.salesharks.com
select fixture and results
select teams
select academy
select fixtures and results
alternatively go direct to https://www.salesharks.com/teams/academ ... s-results/
Thanks, bbs, very much obliged.

Maybe I was thinking too logically when I was searching - I expected to find it under Fixtures and Results! :dizzy:
By ale shark
Hi Kayleigh,

There was a worrying lack of stewards in the North Stand on Friday night, those that were there were very uncommitted, only manning the pitch side entrance to the "tunnels" for about 10 mins in the second half, I didn't see any in the first half.

Whilst I appreciate the stand is less populated than others the numbers do swell in the half in which Sale are attacking that end (the second half on Friday night). There were 4 or 5 kids (12-15yr olds) constantly running up and down the stand chucking things around throughout the game. I asked then to stop at one point but predictably they just carried on. No idea where the parents were but a steward should have been there to calm them down. I saw about 2 all night at that end of the ground.

Thanks.
By KayleighBaxter
Hi ale shark - thank you for the feedback I'll ensure this is passed on to the stadium manager for future fixtures! Thanks again, KB
By SSR
Is there something up with the Sale Sharks Offy ?
Have not been able to access it all morning ?
Thanks.
By ageinghoody
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:52 am
Is there something up with the Sale Sharks Offy ?
Have not been able to access it all morning ?
Thanks.
It's fine for me, although I only looked at it within the last 15 minutes.
By SSR
Thanks, checked again using multiple browsers, still not connecting ( but only the Sale Sharks home site ).
Tried using NordVPN and connecting via UK site and everything works fine.
So the answer to the question "Is it me? " is "Yes it is!".
PS my internet provider is TalkTalk, which could explain it.
By snaderson
Hi Kayleigh,

I meant to post this after the last home game but couldn't remember my password! Anyway, at all the recent matches the stadium wifi has failed meaning the Seven Brothers beer stall can't take card payments and, because they're cashless, they can't sell any beer. This happens in the sharquee and in the east stand concourse, though at least there they usually have a cash till which they open up eventually. Is anything being done by the stadium to improve the situation?

Phil
By iBozz
snaderson wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:00 pm
... at all the recent matches the stadium wifi has failed ...

I don't wish to pre-empt Kayleigh's reply but I raised a similar wifi question with Swanny a while back and, although I cannot now find his response, I seem to recall that he said that it was deliberately switched off at kick-off to stop anyone live streaming the game.

That seemed more than a tad odd to me as until then I didn't know that it was possible stream over wifi but not over mobile phone networks which, I presume, were not all turned off by all the mobile operators merely to prevent streaming from the AJB on smartphones! :whistle:

But what did I know? :thinking:
By KayleighBaxter
Hi snaderson & iBozz,

We are aware of the issue with wifi as are Elior (stadium catering) - it's an issue of the stadium (and they have recently provided someone to do match-day support). As far as I'm aware (this and last season) we don't turn off the wifi (least of all because press and staff all use the wifi to communicate!)

I'll raise the issue again to Elior (including the stadium management team) and hope that they continue to work on a fix.

As always thanks for your feedback - it's really helpful and allows us the opportunity to get things sorted!

Thanks again,

KB
By H's D
Why would you need a wi-fi network to take debit or credit card payments? :dizzy:

Card readers such as Paypal's Smartpay/Zettle/Sum-Up/Square will quite happily work using near field technology/bluetooth and a mobile smartphone's circuitry and phone signal. Such functionality really is their USP.

Even really really small well managed companies can easily afford to keep a £39 Zettle terminal as a reserve to use specifically for instances where the Computer network/EPOS is unavailable or down. e.g. a Power Cut, or just when are you out in the field.
By snaderson
Search me, H's D, that's just what I was told by the lad at the kiosk.

And thanks to Kayleigh for the response.
By FarnhamShark
Question for Kayleigh. The Chairman of Nottingham RUFC has issued a heart-felt statement about the RFU's decision to cut funding:

"At half-time, we will be standing and carrying out a two minutes applause, thanking everyone involved in rugby for keeping the game alive. Supporters, players, coaches, volunteers and the rest of the rugby community should not be forgotten, regardless of what club, or league we play in.

I urge all clubs to support this and I am aware that many other championship and national league clubs have already given their backing. So, please show your support at the weekend, regardless of when and what time you are playing, take a picture, share on social media and lets’ show that rugby is for the many and not the few. "

Can you let us know what Sale's attitude to this request is, and also, if you know the answer, what Sale's official position re ring-fencing the Premiership is?
iBozz, ledzepsfr liked this
By KayleighBaxter
Hi Farnham Shark,

I can't comment on behalf of the club unfortunately - I've asked our media manager to review and see if we have any "official response" - I'll let you know if we do.

Thanks

KB
By FarnhamShark
Kayleigh:

Thanks. As a personal opinion, I'd very much like to see the Club supporting the Championship teams - I'm disgusted by the way the RFU has handled this.
iBozz liked this
By M5 Shark
Hi Kayleigh

I’ve heard the Trafford Park Metrolink line is likely to be in public service around 22nd March.

Will the Ladywell shuttle be removed immediately or will there be a few matches when the TCL and Ladywell shuttle are both operating?

Thanks
By KayleighBaxter
Hi M5 Shark,

The Ladywell shuttle will continue to run this season (19/20) - we are currently reviewing if we will run the shuttle next season and at the London Irish fixture we are asking for supporter feedback as to why the use the shuttle (do they travel via the Metrolink which will be serviced by the TC) or are there other destinations / transport reasons etc.

Once any decision is made we will confirm the full travel plan / options for next season.

Thanks,

KB
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]