By poyntonshark
Not to interfere with the club's answer to the question, but that page does not mention streaming as far as I can see, just that tickets are available to purchase online.

A couple of years ago one of the coaching staff live-streamed a friendly from their laptop. The game where Chris Ashton was sent off. It wasn't exactly Sky Sports coverage, but from a single camera, I thought it remarkably good.
By JohnJ of HM
ShawShark wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:21 pm
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:42 pm
When did the season tickets go out?
I have two but have received neither. I have ordered the hard cards not the virtual ones
as I don't have a smart phone.
Thanks.
Do we know when these are being emailed out ?
We were thinking of going to watch the Sale Sharks Women this weekend, season ticket holders get in free, so I assume we would need them before Saturday.
Looks like from today's emails that hard season tickets will need to be collected from the ticket office at the Bath game
By chris1850
I received an email last week telling me to expect my (digital) ST shortly. With only 4 days to go before the first match, it hasn't yet arrived?

When are ST'S being sent?
Why leave it so late to send them out?
With this being the first season where digital tickets are likely to be the norm there are bound be a number of problems and teething issues, judging by other clubs' experiences. It leaves very little time to sort these out before Saturday.
Altishark2222 liked this
By Major Bloodnok
Looks like Ticketmaster may have royally f'ed up. Loads of people without tickets.

Send an email to support@salesharks.com and tell them you haven't received yours (make sure you've checked your spam folder). They say they will resend the ticket.

That's what I've done — hoping to hear tomorrow...
By poyntonshark
This feels a bit like deja-vu, to the beginning of every season in the memory of man. The good news is that the club has always found a way through the mire in the past. You do have to wonder though, who is sat there with 2 weeks to go telling everyone else to "Relax, it'll all be O.K."
By Major Bloodnok
Some have, lots haven't.

I understand that this problem is not confined to Sale, either. Seems to be a Ticketmaster thing.
By chris1850
What a mess if that's the case. I fully understand the move towards digital tickets but the clubs need to ensure that the system is fit for purpose first.

I have just checked my account online and it would be so simple for season tickets to be available from there, as a back up, I would have thought? But no.
By iBozz
Some advice if you run behind a VPN:

My e-ticket arrived at 1638 today, thank goodness, but if you are running under a VPN you may find that it won't let you save to your Apple or Google Wallet and that it asks you to complete a CAPTCHA but doesn't present one.

I had that problem, but disabling the VPN whilst saving the e-ticket resolved the glitch.
By Van Cannonball
My email arrived just now and one click to add to apple wallet. Nice and easy once received.

The email says my card will be delivered shortly. I had no idea whether I was getting a physical card or not...honestly I don’t remember it being a thing when I was renewing. I’m not bothered personally if i can just use the electronic version but understand it could be problematic for others.
By chris1850
My e-ticket has also arrived this afternoon. Unfortunately, my pal that I go with is in the Scottish Isles this week, wild camping. I therefore have no way of contacting him unless he is very lucky to pick up an email. As a result, I don't see how I can add his ticket to my wallet until he returns after the Bath game, which means I will have to go on my own.......

Anyway, thanks to the Club for sorting out my ticket at least
By SSR
Anyone know if the club expects a crowd to be picking up their "hard cards" prior to kick off ?
I presume there will be a queue at the ticket office waiting to get their season tickets.
Just want to gauge what time to get to the ground and not miss kick off.
Thanks.
By iBozz
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:35 am
Anyone know if the club expects a crowd to be picking up their "hard cards" prior to kick off ?
I presume there will be a queue at the ticket office waiting to get their season tickets.
Just want to gauge what time to get to the ground and not miss kick off.
Thanks.

From Angela Traynor on another platform:
Plastic cards will be ready to collect on Saturday from 2.30pm at a dedicated collection point beside the Ticket Office. If anyone needs to collect, do it BEFORE you go to the shop, get a burger, or go to the Sharkee before the queues start!
By SSR
Thanks iBozz.
As a matter of interest ( I am always afraid of missing out ), what is the other place that
these gems get revealed on ?
By iBozz
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:09 pm
Thanks iBozz.
As a matter of interest ( I am always afraid of missing out ), what is the other place that
these gems get revealed on ?

I prefer FaecesBook myself, but The Major is also right.
By wrinklieshark
My card was collected by a friend yesterday. There is a notice on the ticket office directing you to Reception, where the cards were handed over. Might be worth calling in if you don't want to queue on Saturday.
By SSR
Thanks for the heads up. I will try to call in tomorrow.
By ShawShark
Anyone can help me with this.

I have had my 4 tickets emailed to me for my family, the only information on them is a seat number, if I go to my account on The Club website it only shows my membership number but the email says I have to ensure the correct seat is allocated to the correct member, I have no idea how I find out which seat is for which person.

As there are 2 adults and 2 children's tickets I don't want to allocate a child's ticket to an adult and get turned away on the day.

Also, can more than one ticket be added to one Google Pay account as the children don't have phones.
By iBozz
I'm not sure whether you can fight our corner, Kayleigh, but the sooner SS gain control over the catering the better.

In the South Stand, west end bar five or so minutes before half time there were eight staff behind the bar "serving" two very short queues very slowly. Goodness how long it took to get a drink during half time. The price advertised on the Menu above the bar for bottles of soft drink was £2.40 yet the amount charged was £2.70 with no explanation for the difference. The bar was cash only at a time when many do not carry cash as they have become accustomed to establishments requiring card or phone payments. I'll be charitable and assume that the POS system was down, but there was nothing to indicate that.

None of those are show-stoppers, of course, but a gentle word in the ear of the catering Supervisor may yield some improvment.

Or, of course, may not.
By Flumpty
& the process of buying tickets at the ticket office was soooooooo slow. The gadger in front of me took over 10 mins to get his tickets.
& your bolloxed if you don't have your phone with you, as the tix are now emailed to you.
By wrinklieshark
Pease could the club do something about the awful PA system?
It is far too loud, far too intrusive and pretty much unintelligible in the East stand- don't know what it is like elsewhere.
There isn't any need for any of it during play- it's bad enough at half time - but we even had it when the kickers were lining up a conversion. Not on.
iBozz, tbird liked this
By chris1850
wrinklieshark wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:44 pm
It is far too loud, far too intrusive and pretty much unintelligible in the East stand- don't know what it is like elsewhere.
There isn't any need for any of it during play- it's bad enough at half time - but we even had it when the kickers were lining up a conversion. Not on.
Please, please, please Kayleigh. Have a word in the right ears and make sure we never again have to suffer that dreadful Boom, Boom, let's hear it for Sale thing that the PA guy insisted on playing whenever he could. It was truly awful and was universally condemned around us in W03, and I suspect, elsewhere in the ground.

Thanks in anticipation of you giving some feedback and having some influence!!
iBozz, wrinklieshark, JohnJ of HM and 3 others liked this
By Major Bloodnok
chris1850 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:51 pm
wrinklieshark wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:44 pm
Please, please, please Kayleigh. Have a word in the right ears and make sure we never again have to suffer that dreadful Boom, Boom, let's hear it for Sale thing that the PA guy insisted on playing whenever he could. It was truly awful and was universally condemned around us in W03, and I suspect, elsewhere in the ground.

Thanks in anticipation of you giving some feedback and having some influence!!
Absolutely. If nothing else, it's patronising. We will decide when and what sort of noise we'll make - we don't have to be told. After all, we're not Americans.
iBozz liked this
By snaderson
Catering in the east stand was its usual standard - they ran out of beer before kick-off (no ale, no Guinness, not even Fosters).
By KayleighBaxter
Hi all

As always thanks for your feedback it's really helpful and I will work on the following:

- noise from speakers - we're working on this and hope to have a resolution soon
- PA speakers in the East - these belong to the stadium and we are continuing to work on this
- catering - there was an issue with the wifi which we've raised with Elior and the stadium and they are working on ensuring there is a solution in place with a sufficient back up in case of any issues

As always please let me know if there's anything else happening / any other feedback.

Thanks

KB
iBozz, chris1850 liked this
By Shaftesbury Shark
thanks for looking into the issues.

I would add:
- huge queues to get into East stand, seemed the scanners weren't working properly when scanning phones. it doesn't seem sensible to "improve" this process with online tickets etc. and then have it take 10 times longer than just a person collecting a paper ticket...
- pre-match and half time catering service was appalling, as usual. as noted above, card readers not working, incredibly slow and disorganised service, staff didn't know how much items were costing, causing long delays, faffing to find out, etc.
combination of the above resulted in me missing the start of the match despite arriving at the stand/queue approx. 30 mins before the kick off
- PA quality was awful - couldn't make out any announcements, way music too loud
- new screen in West stand is great!

but it was great to be back!

hope some improvements can be made before the next match
By Major Bloodnok
KayleighBaxter wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:50 pm
Hi all

As always thanks for your feedback it's really helpful and I will work on the following:

- noise from speakers - we're working on this and hope to have a resolution soon
- PA speakers in the East - these belong to the stadium and we are continuing to work on this
- catering - there was an issue with the wifi which we've raised with Elior and the stadium and they are working on ensuring there is a solution in place with a sufficient back up in case of any issues

As always please let me know if there's anything else happening / any other feedback.

Thanks

KB
As long as we never have to hear that "boom, boom" thing again... 😇
By ShawShark
KayleighBaxter wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:50 pm
As always please let me know if there's anything else happening / any other feedback
Around 45 mins before kick off scanner at turnstile E2 not working so could only go through E1, didn't seem to be any assistance inside to help him resolve the issue.

Wanted to get from East stand to the burger van inside the stadium at the end of West stand, but there were barriers and the steward wouldn't let us go through, he said we had to use the East stand catering or nothing.
By iBozz
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:07 pm
poyntonshark wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:06 pm
Nowt wrong with a bit of John Lee
'Twern't JLH. Not by a long, long chalk...

"Boom Boom Boom" should only ever be followed by: "Son," he said "Grab your things, I've come to take you home." or "Hey" he said "Grab your things I've come to take you home." or "Hey" I said "You can keep my things, they've come to take me home."
By chris1850
iBozz wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:29 pm
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:07 pm
poyntonshark wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:06 pm
Nowt wrong with a bit of John Lee
'Twern't JLH. Not by a long, long chalk...

"Boom Boom Boom" should only ever be followed by: "Son," he said "Grab your things, I've come to take you home." or "Hey" he said "Grab your things I've come to take you home." or "Hey" I said "You can keep my things, they've come to take me home."
Very good!!
By ageinghoody
iBozz wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:29 pm
I wonder if Saturday's experience was as painful as Stockport Ukulele Players' attempts at 7/4 time when I tried to introduce Solsbury Hill to our repertoire! :no:
iBozz, DaveAitch liked this
By FarnhamShark
Hi Kayleigh - It looks like you've got enough on your plate already, but one more thought. Could we re-instate the news of injured players that featured briefly a season or two ago? With Lood, Jean-Luc and Dan still away, the injuries to Josh, Matt Pos and James Phillips are doubly unwelcome. Apart from the effect on the team, we follow the Club, want them to succeed, and are concerned about the players' welfare, so we'd really like a progress report.
AonM, Flumpty, Altishark2222 liked this
By KayleighBaxter
Hi Farnham Shark,

I have raised this with our media team however I think it may be a rugby department decision re: what information is / isn't released due to 'competitive advantage'.

Thanks
By iBozz
Hi, Kayleigh.

It seems fairly normal for the RefLink to come on some time after kick off at the AJB, but this week it didn't seem come on at all as far as I could tell. Channel E2 carried the BT Sports commentary right from the start and the commentators could clearly hear Sir as they were reporting what he was saying at vital points throughout the game. Channel E4 carried something, very muffled and indistinct and in the background so that may well have been splash from elsewhere, but please may we have RefLink started as soon as the game is about to start?

The South Stand's west end bar were again trying to charge £2.70 for a bottle of soft drink even though the menu still states £2.40 - a sterling resistance to this daylight robbery by my friend won the day and we got them for the advertised price. Maybe yet another word in the shell-like ears of the Catering Manager?

Ta ever so muchly.
By Flumpty
Another week where cash isn't accepted inside the ground.
Another week when I didn't buy anything inside the ground because they don't accept cash.

I missed the first 10 mins of the game, because the shuttle bus at the Trafford Centre was held for circa 10 mins (the traffic getting to Manchester from Cumbria was very slow going today, so didn't get there until 14.45).

Paper ticket given at the ticket office, much, much quicker than having it emailed to your phone.
By chris1850
Hi Kayleigh

Don't know if you provided feedback about the PA after the awful experience of the Bath game, but if you did, than you from the bottom of my heart! We only had to suffer one Boom Boom episode today, and that was towards the end. Very,very grateful!
iBozz, Flumpty, wrinklieshark and 1 others liked this
By Altishark2222
I agree with ibozz- please can the ref link be sorted out - BT Sport seemed to be able to hear the ref but we had no link & last few matches link was late starting.
iBozz, JohnJ of HM liked this
By FarnhamShark
Has the pitch been relaid? It's cutting up quite badly this season, when in the past it's been great. As an aside, at half time there were 7 ball boys passing a ball around, and 2 guys replacing divots. Would it be too much to ask the lads to replace the divots in the areas they're playing in?
iBozz liked this

In other news..... Crusaders 37 Chiefs 26. Nine t[…]

Alex refers to Fordy, Rob, Sam Bedlow, Waisea + […]

Humbug

Covid Repayments

Look at the going concern statements in Glaws acco[…]