By FarnhamShark
Paul:

Can you let us know if shuttle buses will operate from Trafford Centre on 2 September, please?
By JoshSaleSharks
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I’ve recently started full time with the sharks and I’m going to be responsible for all things Matchday!

As a bit of background, I worked with the production company that operates all A/V for a Sale matchday for the past 6 seasons so have a good idea of the challenges faced at the stadium. I’ve also been a Sale Sharks fan since I was 10 years old, so I bring a huge amount of passion to the role and genuinely want to bring the best possible matchday experience to the AJ Bell.

From being a member of this forum for a few years I know there is regularly feedback/queries so I’ll be the point of contact for anything you may want to feedback.

I’ll do my best to answer things on here, but if there is anything else you need my email is Joshua.haywood@salesharks.com

Thanks and look forward to meeting some of you over the coming season.

Josh
By Major Bloodnok
JoshSaleSharks wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 am
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I’ve recently started full time with the sharks and I’m going to be responsible for all things Matchday!

As a bit of background, I worked with the production company that operates all A/V for a Sale matchday for the past 6 seasons so have a good idea of the challenges faced at the stadium. I’ve also been a Sale Sharks fan since I was 10 years old, so I bring a huge amount of passion to the role and genuinely want to bring the best possible matchday experience to the AJ Bell.

From being a member of this forum for a few years I know there is regularly feedback/queries so I’ll be the point of contact for anything you may want to feedback.

I’ll do my best to answer things on here, but if there is anything else you need my email is Joshua.haywood@salesharks.com

Josh
Hi Josh, welcome to the madhouse. Can I repeat a request that might have got lost with Kayleigh's departure for a Trafford Centre shuttle bus season ticket? I'm sure there are plenty of us who use it every game and a season ticket would mean we don't have to keep remembering to get one every time.

That, or make it official that we can just turn up and pay the pound on the bus...
SSR liked this
By FarnhamShark
Josh:

I agree with the Major! One other general request - some of us don't use Twitter, so can you try and keep the web site updated with the latest info rather than just relying on Twitter, please?
iBozz liked this
By SimonG
FarnhamShark wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:05 am
Josh:

I agree with the Major! One other general request - some of us don't use Twitter, so can you try and keep the web site updated with the latest info rather than just relying on Twitter, please?
Like you I do not use Twitter for messaging and I don't have a sign-on but I do use it occasionally to check various organisations Twitter feeds. I only mention this because there may be some folks out there who don't realise you can read posts on Twitter without having an account.
By PACMANPROP
Re Makro Parking
Can you please advise if Makro is going to be open for parking this season?
By chris1850
PACMANPROP wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:13 pm
Re Makro Parking
Can you please advise if Makro is going to be open for parking this season?
I had an email from Angie a couple of days ago confirming that it definitely wouldn't be available this season
By JoshSaleSharks
@Major Bloodnok So to share the reasoning behind why this hasn't happened yet, the £1 charge is used as a way of judging the passenger numbers so we can ensure there are an adequate number of buses on a match by match basis. The passenger numbers can vary quite dramatically with seemingly no link to attendance figures. However, now we have a season of Data I will be working with our transport partners to see if a season pass is something that can be offered and will update you as soon as I have any further information!

@FarnhamShark I will speak to our media department and ask that they keep things as updated as possible! As @SimonG mentioned however, you should be able to view the clubs Twitter feed without being a registered twitter user.

@PACMANPROP Unfortunately due to a variety of logistical reasons, Makro won't be on offer as things stand, I'm working with our transport/parking providers to explore all other avenues and an update will be communicated as soon as possible!

Thanks all!
By SSR
Has there been a statement on when the "hard" Season Tickets are being sent out yet?
Thanks.
By JoshSaleSharks
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:39 am
Has there been a statement on when the "hard" Season Tickets are being sent out yet?
Thanks.
Hi ShawShark,

Depending whether you ordered online/over the phone, and when you ordered will depend what 'Batch' of tickets yours will be in, some are on the way already, some will be being sent out this week and some will be available for collection at the ground on the first game. Regardless of all those points you should have a digital version also that can be used, but if you have any trouble just let me know.

Thanks
By SSR
Thank you Josh.
As a non owner of a smart phone, digital versions are no use to me.
Best wishes.
By JoshSaleSharks
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:46 am
Thank you Josh.
As a non owner of a smart phone, digital versions are no use to me.
Best wishes.
No problem! If by the start of next week you haven't received it in the post, if you could send me an email to Joshua.haywood@salesharks.com, with your name and order confirmation etc I'll follow up your specific order.

Thanks
By FarnhamShark
Josh: As far as I can see, there is still no match report for Friday's game against Caldy, and the list of players on the web site is very incomplete (only 7 backs?). For the benefit of those of us who aren't fans of Twitter, please can you arrange for the web site to be regularly updated? Thanks.
By JoshSaleSharks
FarnhamShark wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:00 am
Josh: As far as I can see, there is still no match report for Friday's game against Caldy, and the list of players on the web site is very incomplete (only 7 backs?). For the benefit of those of us who aren't fans of Twitter, please can you arrange for the web site to be regularly updated? Thanks.
Hi FarnhamShark,

Match report for the Caldy game should be live any minute now. All player profiles will be updated in the very near future following the kit launch.

Thanks.
By FarnhamShark
Josh: Thanks for the quick reply, and glad to hear things are being updated. Hopefully this will also mean that when the teams are shown on the screens before the match there will be a photo for every Sale player!
By Yareet
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:06 am
JoshSaleSharks wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 am
Hi All,

Josh
Hi Josh, welcome to the madhouse. Can I repeat a request that might have got lost with Kayleigh's departure for a Trafford Centre shuttle bus season ticket? I'm sure there are plenty of us who use it every game and a season ticket would mean we don't have to keep remembering to get one every time.

That, or make it official that we can just turn up and pay the pound on the bus...
Assume you saw this from @JoshSaleSharks, @Major Bloodnok but just in case.
Hi All,
Stockport shuttle is now live for all confirmed fixtures.
I also have some good news that many of you have asked for, you can now purchase a season ticket for both the Stockport shuttle and the Trafford Centre Shuttle. This is priced the same as 16 single tickets would cost, but should hopefully make life easier not having to purchase a ticket each week.
These will be QR codes, but once the season gets going I welcome any feedback on how efficient these are and any suggested changes etc.
I will have an update on Makro hopefully later this week.
Thanks!
By LJK
Josh
As there is now just over a week before the first league match I was about to ask you again on any news re a replacement car park for Makro, which I found worked so efficiently in the last couple of seasons. My couple of experiences when using the Trafford Centre shuttle were very stressful and ended up being a long walk from the furthest car park to the bus. I d not want to do this again.
I just clicked through the website and there is no mention of anything else car park wise, but then clicking on the Sept. 9th game and it DOES show the Makro being available, albeit at an even higher cost of £10.
Please can you clarify to us all, what is the true situation please ? Thanks very much
By wrinklieshark
JoshSaleSharks wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:32 am
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:39 am
Thanks.
Hi ShawShark,

Depending whether you ordered online/over the phone, and when you ordered will depend what 'Batch' of tickets yours will be in, some are on the way already, some will be being sent out this week and some will be available for collection at the ground on the first game. Regardless of all those points you should have a digital version also that can be used, but if you have any trouble just let me know.

Thanks
2 days to go and still no sign of season tickets, e- or otherwise.
I assume there will be long queues at the ticket office on Friday.
By wrinklieshark
If all else fails, ask Angie! So I did.
This was her immediate reply -

Season cards for those who ordered them have now been printed, and they are currently available for collection from the stadium between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday, and from the Benetton match onwards at the pick-up point beside the Ticket Office.
By JoshSaleSharks
LJK wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:00 pm
Josh
As there is now just over a week before the first league match I was about to ask you again on any news re a replacement car park for Makro, which I found worked so efficiently in the last couple of seasons. My couple of experiences when using the Trafford Centre shuttle were very stressful and ended up being a long walk from the furthest car park to the bus. I d not want to do this again.
I just clicked through the website and there is no mention of anything else car park wise, but then clicking on the Sept. 9th game and it DOES show the Makro being available, albeit at an even higher cost of £10.
Please can you clarify to us all, what is the true situation please ? Thanks very much
Hi LJK,

Apologies, I meant to post an update on here but with all the planning for Friday nights game I didn't get chance. So Makro is available as an option now, We unfortunately can't offer a season ticket for Makro but it will be available to purchase on a game by game basis at salesharksparking.co.uk.

Thanks,

Josh
By LJK
Thanks Josh... a very welcome outcome for many I'm sure.
By chris1850
Josh

Will the club be making this seasons fixture list available so that it can be downloaded or subscribed to as in previous years? The ability to add the fixtures to Google Calendar for example is extremely useful.

Thanks
By JoshSaleSharks
chris1850 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:14 am
Josh

Will the club be making this seasons fixture list available so that it can be downloaded or subscribed to as in previous years? The ability to add the fixtures to Google Calendar for example is extremely useful.

Thanks
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately we are having some problems with that functionality on our website. You can however download all of our fixtures from here in the meantime:

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/gallag ... ture-list/

Thanks,

Josh
By chris1850
It downloaded for me. Problem will be that as fixtures are changed (ko times/dates etc), a downloaded calendar will not automatically update as subscribable calendars will. The Premiership link above only works as a download, not subscribe
By FarnhamShark
A few thoughts re attendances. There's vastly more that could be done to publicise the Club. I find it strange that, virtually alone among Premiership Clubs, there is no live match commentary on local radio (although there used to be). We should be appearing every week in the MEN and on the MEN website - interviews with Axe and players, news about the Club, fixtures, etc. Could we attract fans who normally attend Old Trafford or the Etihad to try the AJ Bell when their team is away? (or are they too lowbrow for some fans? Their money is as good as anybody else's, and after a visit or two they'd fall in with the etiquette). Similarly with rugby league fans - theirs is now a Summer game, and there's plenty of teams within a few miles of us.
By eBike
Planned to take a few friends to the Toulouse match on Jan 14th but when I went on the booking site the matches on the 30th Dec and 14th Jan BOTH are headed Sale v Leicester.

These are not (currently) Sale supporters but in light of today's trouncing of Ulster they fancied a trip to see us take on Dupont and Co.

I'm not splashing out cash on tickets when there's a big question mark over what I'm booking for.

It needs sorting asap as the 14th could be a FULL HOUSE :dance:
By FarnhamShark
Thanks for the email I've just received telling me we're playing Sarries on Sunday 5 March. Do you also know the start time?
By wrinklieshark
Please could someone organise the leaving of the main car park better than it was last night after the Bath match. It took 45 minutes to leave, and we were by no means at the end of the queue. It was even more annoying when we did eventually drive past the car park opposite Lidl to find that all the cars had been allowed to leave. What happened to letting vehicles exit in turn from the car parks? It is doubly annoying since the main car park is occupied by (parking) season ticket holders, whilst the 'overflow' car park can be booked on a match-by-match basis.
Altishark2222 liked this
By wrinklieshark
Reply from the club this morning...

We now have a new off site car park that we secured in the week of the Bath game, that probably was a little late to make much difference to the car park on Friday, however going forward we will be capping the number of spaces sold in the south and should mean hundreds less cars coming in and out of stadium way. I’m also meeting with our parking partners in the next couple of weeks to discuss their processes as I agree that West should take priority!
By RuggerPleb
@JoshSaleSharks
Hi
Do you know how we can buy the #N-R-M T-Shirts? Tried at the ground today but their payment devices were not working. Will they be in the shop, or at other games?
By Flumpty
A well done to Sale for the running of todays game.
Huge queues at Trafford Centre and a continuous steady stream of double deckers taking people to the game.
Ticket office sold me matchday tickets without an interminable wait for the ticketing software to do its thing.
Lots of food and drink options outside the ground.
All the turnstiles operating and the turnstile scannerythings working properly.
Quick service for food inside the ground (not Sales responsibility, but they can get some reflected glory !)
A line of double deckers lined up post match to get people on their way.

Well done Chaps and Ladychaps, you did a fine job today.
wrinklieshark liked this
By Flumpty
I've been meaning to say for ages - well done for introducing a discounted ticket for young adults 18-23. That age group can be On a derisory minimum wage/apprentice wage and it is very much appreciated.
By wrinklieshark
And the exit from the main car park was pretty painless too, so thanks for sorting that out.
By FarnhamShark
I've just had an email from Simon & Michelle which includes, as one of the benefits of being a season ticket holder, a 10% discount on food and drink. However, at the Sarries match I was told that this no longer applies, and was charged full price. I'm not alone in experiencing this. Can you clarify please - the Club shouldn't be withdrawing season ticket holder benefits part way through the season.
tbird, Buelligansmate liked this
By FarnhamShark
6 May, our last home match (last but one, hopefully) is also the date of the Coronation. Is the match date and time confirmed, and won't change, please?
By Yareet
FWIW, as it's the last round of the regular season, all the games that weekend are scheduled for a 4pm ko on Saturday 6th.

Whilst I can't pretend to have definitive knowledge, I believe that this time was set after the date for the coronation was announced.

As ko is usually 3pm for the last round, my take is that the Prem are pretty sure that the coronation (which starts at 11am) will be done by 4pm.

tl:dr I strongly suspect so
By Flumpty
I've dropped Chuck a line to explain that its the final game of the regular season and asked if he can move his event to another day.

I've not had a reply from him yet .....................................
By dinogyro
You wouldn't be able to read his handwriting anyway.

So selfish choosing that date. :lol
By Flumpty
dinogyro wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:04 pm

I can't see why he can't/won't move the date of his party - the final fixture day of the season has been set for yonks, so we've got first dibs.
By Yareet
Flumpty wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:23 pm
dinogyro wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:04 pm

I can't see why he can't/won't move the date of his party - the final fixture day of the season has been set for yonks, so we've got first dibs.
Put another way, Chaz has arranged a bank holiday so we can keep celebrating our top 2 finish on Sunday :mrgreen:
dinogyro, iBozz, Olyy and 2 others liked this
By JohnJ of HM
I'm having difficulty renewing my wife's season ticket. Renewed mine OK on the relevant email. But when I clicked on renewal from my wife's email it just showed the ticket purchase front page. Clicking on 'Season tickets' from there just showed where I could buy a new season ticket. Nothing for renewals.

I'm a bit concerned as late date is Monday.
Never ending word association thread

Seven https://youtu.be/0e4Odk-v3oU?si=7nsF0jSeZinF[…]

Falcons

Not sure the citing comission can get involved - y[…]

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]