By ledzepsfr
A little early I know, but does anyone else see similarities to a certain JR?
By Yareet
ledzepsfr wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 am
A little early I know, but does anyone else see similarities to a certain JR?
Genuine answer but I’m not sure what you’re seeing, tbh.

One player has a game based on lateral foot speed and a low centre of gravity. The other is more about power and height.

That’s not to denigrate either player (far from it) nor to say that either has a better skillset. However, I can’t see Tom scoring some of Robinson’s tries (assume that’s who you meant) and Robbo would be far less likely to score the tries from kicks that Tom gets.

Reedy would be more like Robbo and Tom more like Cohen (if we’re taking RWC03 winners).
By RinTin
To be honest i see more comparisons with Ashton (the good parts). He's running well and powerfully off the half backs and centres, spots gaps in the line to attack, and seems to be finding himself in the right place at the right time. If the RDP and Ford crossfield kicks yesterday didn't bounce awkwardly/ weren't too long we could have seen him in more open space.

He just needs to do all the above consistently. Freeman and Feyi-Waboso ahead of him for England, but he needs to compete with Sleightholme, Murley, Muir and Cokanasiga for the other squad spots. All the names mentioned (bar big Joe) also had great games this weekend.
SSR, Yareet liked this
By KENNy1
Drawing parallels between current players or teams and past rugby legends is always a fascinating discussion!
Quins game

It looks like our injury woes are viewed as an opp[…]

Blanket

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]