By FarnhamShark
Glad to hear they haven't given up on sorting out the stadium. The fact that one of the top rugby teams in England can only accommodate its own and visiting supporters in a tent is just farcical.
By Alex
Cheers, that was a good read. It's great to see that we're allowing Dimes to focus on the rugby and Sid can try to grow the club off the field too
By The Angel Shark
FarnhamShark wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:20 am
Glad to hear they haven't given up on sorting out the stadium. The fact that one of the top rugby teams in England can only accommodate its own and visiting supporters in a tent is just farcical.
Bath, Worcester, Northampton, and Exeter all have marquees either as the main supporter area or in addition to the concourse bars.
By Aiden Anderson
The Angel Shark wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:37 am
FarnhamShark wrote:
Bath, Worcester, Northampton, and Exeter all have marquees either as the main supporter area or in addition to the concourse bars.
Exeter is probably 80% tented for both Local and visitors. It’s about as far out of town as is AJB and has similar transport issues.
By chris1850
Yonah wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:02 pm
The Angel Shark wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:37 am
FarnhamShark wrote:
Exeter is probably 80% tented for both Local and visitors. It’s about as far out of town as is AJB and has similar transport issues.
Exeter has a huge indoor bar as well as the various outside facilities. It is also just a 10 minute walk from the Digby & Sowton station which is on the Exeter to Exmouth line.
By LJK
A good interview. Thanks. Interesting that the stadium issue is moving on and an announcement is expected soon. Presume that either means a new location proposal in the Sale 'area' or a move further on taking over AJB.
By AonM
I am scratching my head thinking of location in the 'sale area' which would be available.....?
I have thought for a while about the potential of regenerating Moss Lane (Altrincham FC) and the possibility of a ground share ?
By Ewok shark
Moss lane is being developed (slowly over many years) but I can't see that there would be any where near enough room around the pitch for what sale need.
By ageinghoody
AonM wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:01 am
I am scratching my head thinking of location in the 'sale area' which would be available.....?
I have thought for a while about the potential of regenerating Moss Lane (Altrincham FC) and the possibility of a ground share ?
One thing Sharks and Stockport County might agree on would be that there's not much to be said for being the non-owning party to a ground share.

We know what County think of their experience (or at least the vocal element), and, although far less vitriolic, we don't appear over-enamoured with our current position. Otherwise, why are we looking to move ... again?

Given those examples, I doubt Altrincham would be in too much of a hurry to take on the role of what would have to be junior partner.
By AonM
I think you may be correct unfortunately, which then leads back to where in the sale area could a stadium be build without massive objection ? This makes me think we are going to unfortunately look to try again to buy the AJ.
By IrishShark
I think something adjacent to sale water park's "park and ride" car park might work, tramline stop, parking for 300+ cars.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]