By Olyy

My prediction wasn't a million miles off!

Slightly worried about Josh's absence, but hopefully they're just managing his workload because he was out for so long before

Looking forward to seeing more of Doherty and Reed, and also Ashman and Wilkinson off the bench
By stevene
glad to see Neild in at 6 but big onus on DDP and Wiese re carrying without Jean Luc, Josh and Akker. certainly a team which should be defensively solid through the middle and compete at the breakdown. would have preferred to have started Morozov for extra carrying ability/grunt/ extra weight but can see why Rodd gets the nod. big game for Sam James to offer some creativity with our SH/FH combo and inexperienced inside centre although keen to see how Doherty goes after a good showing at Irish.
By Clutch
Why? CAuse Beaumont isn’t playing 8!!

I like the team a lot. Just minor concern about play making from our half backs but Doherty can slot in the 10 channel when we need a primary distributor.

Worcester have given up. No excuses not to get the 5 and we have plenty of options off the bench.
By Olyy
Edgy start, and AJ doesn't seem to have his kicking boots on either (though commentary did say the wind is hard to deal with)
By Olyy
We look like we thought we'd turn up an cruise it,

No intensity, no focus, just going through the motions and being beaten by the side that wants it more
By Olyy
I know we've made a number of changes, but we look like we've not played together, or even met, before

Luckily the shot at goal from the yellow is missed
By Surbiton_Shark
Well that was dull

Need to come out with some intent in the second half - batter them up front more. Stop the damn aimless kicking and look to bring Quirke on soonish
By RugbyMarvel
How to dissect that half?

Poor really - just all round poor.

AJ looks off and you can tell his partnership with Cliff just lacks creative spark.

Reed has had a shocker really...

Forwards haven’t been at their best. Curry not featuring as much as we want him to.

Sam James remains anonymous.

Losing the breakdown battle.

Positive - Doherty being industrious
By Bronzbronx
At around 5 mins Worcester sent it wide, knocked on but then taped it forward it into touch away from Reed, should that have been penalised?
By Olyy
Bronzbronx wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:50 pm
At around 5 mins Worcester sent it wide, knocked on but then taped it forward it into touch away from Reed, should that have been penalised?
I thought that, but the ref said it was a knock on first so the slap in to touch didn't count
I think only dangerous foul play trumps knock ons, like if there's a holding on penalty given away they'll go back for the scrum etc.
Bronzbronx liked this
By RugbyMarvel
Bronzbronx wrote:
Howe should have been penalised for slapping the ball out of play yes.

I think the hit on AJ in the breakdown following the knock on that was reversed needed checking - looked shoulder to head with force for me...

The consistency of decision making within games, let alone between games is poor, but today we just aren’t at the races yet. Should be putting points on a Warriors team that has won 3/16 games and capitulated at the hands of others
By RugbyMarvel
Olyy wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:52 pm
Bronzbronx wrote:
I thought that, but the ref said it was a knock on first so the slap in to touch didn't count
I think only dangerous foul play trumps knock ons, like if there's a holding on penalty given away they'll go back for the scrum etc.
So I would agree with this to an extent, BUT it was our advantage and Howe slapping the ball out of play meant we missed out on a opportunity to go the length of the field. Arguably more of a yellow than the one Reed saw
Olyy, Bronzbronx liked this
By Clutch
Howe should have been yellow. Pretty sure Reed was gone.

Reed has looked lively. No blame for their try. Yellow was dumb but hardly the first player to do that.

Think AJ has been good. Some nice short touches but as a combo they lack creativity. Rafi will win us the game.
By Olyy
RugbyMarvel wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:56 pm
Olyy wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:52 pm
Bronzbronx wrote:
So I would agree with this to an extent, BUT it was our advantage and Howe slapping the ball out of play meant we missed out on a opportunity to go the length of the field. Arguably more of a yellow than the one Reed saw

Aye, that's fair

I'm just trying to justify the refs call in my mind as well, tbh, as I was very surprised it wasn't a penalty
By RugbyMarvel
Both calls for Wiese in at the side at utter rubbish. He is forced to come in at angles on both occasions as Worcester player sitting on wrong side

Tor https://www.historyhit.com/app/uploads/2021[…]

Quins game

Referee: Tom Foley Assistant Referees: Hamish Sma[…]

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]