By StalyShark
Surprised we don’t send more out for an odd few weeks: Doherty, Curtis, Wilkinson and the props Ford and Harper. Probably due to lack of covid testing at Donny but they need to play somewhere.
By Van Cannonball
Interesting. Possibly a chance for Harper to show he’s ready for a first team squad place with WGJ going next year?

Also, hopefully Wilkinson gets some decent game time and comes back to us as a genuine option. Was really excited to watch when he first broke through.
By poyntonshark
Good to see the dual registration which, I presume, means they can still feature for Sale if required. I'm sure the Hood will look after them.
By Olyy
Reed and Warr both starting for Donnie vs Saracens this weekend,
Harper and Wilkinson both on the bench for Coventry vs Jersey

Smattering of old boys in the squads as well - Forsyth and Dolly both start for Cov, Joe Jones for Donnie
By Olyy
Plenty of academy players in action in the Sale FC vs Caldy game today:

Gourlay at 15 for Caldy,

and then pretty much the rest of the academy turning out for Sale FC :mrgreen:

Also seen that Tom Curtis has gone on loan to an Australian club side for the next few months - good idea IMO, with the Championship done it gets him game time and experience and also out of his comfort zone
By Olyy
Didn't realise Caine was down under as well,
Wonder what our link to the club is? I was expecting to see an ex-player as a coach or board member or something

By Clutch
It’s a great concept for the right players.

We should stick Nye up there soon!!
By 45jumper
Curtis looks to have a bit of pace about him there, excited to see how he develops.
Next season looks to be a big one for Wilkinson, thought Axe's comments on him earlier this week were very harsh, earlier this season he was parachuted into a misfiring team missing a load of players. I suppose he could've meant Wilkinson's recent training performances have been substandard, mind.
DoctorSharky liked this
By Olyy
Alex Groves has gone to the Western Sydney Two Blues as well, looks like we definitely have some sort of partnership with them - when I was trying to find out about the club I saw they were in dire straights, financially, recently so if we've loaned them a bunch of pro-level players to get game time then it looks like a mutually beneficial relationship all round

This weekend there's Alex Groves starting at 5, Ethan Caine starting at 7 and Tom Curtis starting at 10

I saw someone mention that Joe Bedlow is out there too (there's no bench named, so he might be involved) and based off of Raffi's instagram story it looks like Harper is on his way there as well
By Clutch
Wilkinson was mom against Quins and gave the most complete 10 performance I’ve seen from a Sale player in a while. Obviously AJ has played much better than that against better opposition but he doesn’t have what Wilkinson has in his locker. If it was Dimes I’d be worried but Sanderson man management skills are clearly spot on so have to trust in the process and the management of these younger players.

I think it was a mistake not to play him but that’s me being captain hindsight.

Curtis looks an interesting prospect as well. Just hard to see where and when these lads will get to start.

Hopefully we will get off to a flying start a la Tigers with Ford pulling the strings so we can afford to mix and match a bit.
Elgar liked this
By Clutch
In terms of the placement I think it’s great. Send a load of them out there. All mates so they won’t feel lonely. Learn lots of on and off field stuff.

Shame we haven’t seen any of Harper this year. Next year is his time. He could be terrifyingly big by then.
Elgar, Olyy, RinTin and 1 others liked this
By Olyy
Groves in the team of the week down under,

Really excited to see how he progresses - mentioned it when we first signed him but he was a standout in the the England u20s campaign he was part of, and if he takes to senior rugby as well he's going to be some pickup
Elgar liked this
By Clutch
Yep. Hopefully simple case of being a bit disillusioned under Dr Lam. Could be a real gem of a signing.
By Olyy
Looks like Curtis is back with us for the start of pre-season,
Groves and Caine still in Aus,
Not sure about Harper and Bedlow (they weren't in the latest Sydney side but they only announce starting 15s so could've been on the bench - I wouldn't be surprised if Harper is back with us though)
By 45jumper
Looking forward to seeing Harper develop this season - must say I'm really surprised that we've got four first-team tightheads. It seems a bit excessive with the reduced cap.
By Olyy
Harper is still technically in the academy,

It makes sense considering Harper missed the whole season with injury and Schonert picks up quite a few over the course of the season too
By Olyy
Caine and Gourlay in the 23 for Caldy's season opener vs Hartpury:

Last edited by Olyy on Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Olyy
Quite a few academy lads turning out for Sale FC as well

Good to see them all getting game time
By Olyy
Noticed that Bamber and Groves are starting pretty consistently in the 2nd row for Sale FC - anyone seen them play?

If they can build a strong/balanced lock partnership at this age then that could pay dividends down the line
By Olyy
Joe Jones, Gourlay and Birch all started for Caldy in their win against table topping Ealing today!
Bucks1861 liked this

(Adam) Faith Wham

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]

Ask the Club

Was sent my tickets electronically today to go[…]

Tom Roebuck

Drawing parallels between current players or teams[…]