Purely speculative...
Is Marchant staying in France?
Has Slade resigned at the chiefs?
Is Kelly staying at the Tigers?
Is the Ulster inside centre moving to France or not?
Is Lozoski going back to Barrie's or not?
And how many countless southern hemisphere possibles...
Marchant's a weird one - put out a video saying he wasn't leaving France, after strong rumours he was, but very much looked like he was forced to by the club. Sarries going for Spink suggests he's not moving there (which is what the rumours were)
Slade renewed a week or so ago, I believe
Not heard any rumbling of Kelly leaving Tigers
No further rumours around McCloskey other than he's (supposedly) leaving Ulster
Lozowski switching to flyhalf fulltime (which is why Sarries are rumoured to be going for Spink)

Think O'Connor re-signed for Bristol recently
Really rate Anywanwu but not sure he'd look to leave Quins with Esterhuizen leaving space for more game time

I think Mason Grady seems most likely, despite WoL saying he was going to stay in Wales
RinTin wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:41 pm
Alex wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:20 pm
RIL reporting that it's highly likely Manu will be off at the end of the season
Don't think it's surprising. If he were still being selected by SB to play then he may have signed a 1 year extension, but he's now out of the international picture in reality.

Does this mean we are joining the mad centre scramble with Quins and Leicester? Both currently going for Izzy Perese, with Sarries securing Spink.
Who says Sarries have secured Spink? Here in WA Spink says he has not decided his future yet and playing against Lions is a factor to consider.
Have Sarries confirmed Spink? Not seen anything. Still not sure leaving Wales would be a great move for Grady, undoubtedly good for us, with a fledgling International career. But then I don't think he has started at all in 6N so may be attracted away.
RugbyPass have reported Spink to Saracens a number of times including in the article
about Perese being hunted by Quins and Leicester ....
Tigers boss Dan McKeller knows him well from his time on the Wallabies coaching staff. He has already missed out on one of his main targets at outside centre after the Premiership champions won the race to land former Wasps man Sam Spink.
On a side note I did a double-take on the picture - I thought it was JR.
On McCloskey he apparently has a year left on his Ulster deal but they've basically said he can have an early release if he finds a big move - would imagine, in that case, that it's going to be France (or Japan) that'll tempt him

I know he was discussed earlier in the thread, and that everyone was on the same page (i.e. it's very very risky) but Addison is back playing for Ulster after his latest injury and was superb. Though I'm not sure when the last time he played anywhere other than 15 is, though, so not sure we'd be looking to recruit in that position (unless L.James is going to move to the centres on his return)
Jesus! Well that has come from nowhere. I'd take him for a year absolutely.

I remember seeing that Toulon weren't going to extend him past this year, but he never crossed my mind really. I thought maybe someone like Vatubua if Pau released him instead.
Shark Drunk wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:26 pm
Sale Sharks to sign Fiji captain Waisea Nayacalevu as Manu Tuilagi replacement, understood to have been offered one-year deal – with an option of a further season at the club
Where's that from? Telegraph is just saying talks have happened, and that they have offered.
SSR wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:18 pm
If it is true, it rather confirms Conor Doherty's future plans ( sadly ).
It also makes me wonder about Rob DP at outside centre.
His performances on the field for the last 3 years have made me wonder about RDP at outside centre :)
Olyy liked this
I NEVER thought I would say this, but assuming GF cost is significantly higher than RDP, I'd take RDP at 10 every time.

GF has shown glimpses, but goes down with Manu for me as a costly luxury. Not nearly VFM when you consider the overall cap, but peak performance is great - just almost never on show.

and if we could have a rule where only one of the bigger DP brothers is on the feild at any one time, that would be great.
RinTin, Oh Danny Boy liked this
DavenportSharky wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:29 pm
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/9d16 ... 441d8c7d7e

Did we know that Jonny Hill is staying ??
Nope, news to me! Also didn't realise he would be leaving with a year left on his contract so makes sense that they wouldn't want to pay a transfer fee without knowing how he'll be when he comes back from injury

Hill staying definitely eases the second row problems - tough enough to replace Cobus let alone two top level locks at one
Oh Danny Boy liked this
Tigers have confirmed Izzy Perese signing. Means they’ll likely be losing a centre from their squad. Guess Matt Scott? Or Guy Porter perhaps?

With Axe mentioning another centre has been signed it could be one of them, especially with the suspicion James could be off.

I rate Porter. Fills 13 well meaning RMW and Bedlow as 12’s and Waisia and Porter as 13’s.
He only signed a new contract last year - be interested to know what he thinks of Sale after we binned him from the academy

I reckon he'll go to Ireland after his current Tigers contract is up with an eye of swapping nationalities to play for them
Elgar liked this
Nic Dolly rumoured to be leaving Tigers

Had a real torrid time with injuries - would we look his way if Creevy is leaving?
Fit and on form he's a very good player, it's just getting him there that seems to be the issue

EQP and academy credit would make the deal sweeter on our end
Elgar liked this
Olyy wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

Had a real torrid time with injuries - would we look his way if Creevy is leaving?
Fit and on form he's a very good player, it's just getting him there that seems to be the issue

He'd need a decent haircut first
Flumpty wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:52 pm
Olyy wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

He'd need a decent haircut first
Raffi used to cut Hill's mullet in the England camp....so he'd probably need to look elsewhere for a decent trim :mrgreen:
What happened to that rumour that Will Addison was coming back (as the further recruited Centre) ? I spoke to someone who apparently seems to know what is going on and they mentioned it again last week.

Kendal Vikings 34 Rochdale 32 The Vikings beat th[…]

Falcons

Not on TNT???

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]

Tom Curry OMG

I just hope he takes his time and is patient. Jus[…]