By StalyShark
The ref does call it a day at 50 doesn’t he when it’s clear the other team is learning nothing from the match?
By H's D
Luke played much of his youth playing back row. He would surprise quite a few on here.
By Olyy
StalyShark wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:12 pm
StalyShark wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:11 pm
Has Luke come on for Tom?!

H, I know that’s why I said it.
Not Tom. Hammersley?
Byron
Just seen Hammo on the right wing
By RugbyMarvel
Best performance I’ve seen from Sale in many a year. Wow. Just wow.

I’ve been a critic of AJ but oh my word, what a performance.

Tom Curry added a huge amount - one of the best in the world .

Our playing style reminds me of a certain side... I’m sure Sanderson is having that impact
By Elgar
Hate to say it, and balance out the overwhelming positives, but Scarlets looked like an invitational. Which is, one could say, what they are.
By Clutch
We used AJ properly and played to his strengths. He’s poor in the 10 channel so we moved him around where he’s more useful.

Thought Faf was mom
By Van Cannonball
Perfect game and game plan for AJ.

Show and go to add to the collection. Pass for Marland’s try was good too.

All round team hard to fault anyone. Scarlets garbage. Partly we made them look bad but I think they did quite a bit of that themselves too.

JL an absolute beast again.
By chris1850
Scarletsbiggest ever home defeat apparently. Previously 0-41 v Clermont

WGJ must be wondering what he's done!
By SixNineOne
So that’s all 4 Welsh regions beaten by English Premiership teams - an excellent weekend’s work!
By Lord Elpus
I'm getting good at forecasting bp wins. Scarleddau looked like we do when it all goes to pot.

We've got to sharpen up restart catching - we messed up most and there were plenty. La Rochelle will punish those errors.
By 45jumper
An absolutely magnificent performance, our best for a fair number of years.
AJ was absolutely immaculate. Our attack looked excellent, his kicking was literally perfect and the infamous show-and-go made a welcome return.
The Du Preez twins were exceptional, they've matured so much in such a short space of time. Faf genuinely looked like one of the best in the world and the defence was immaculate.
Time for a few drinks to celebrate!
By Flumpty
and a Mention In Dispatches to Josh Beaumont for keeping it altogether and doing it without rattling Sirs cage.
45jumper liked this
By StalyShark
Us and Exeter only ones left. Think we have the best of the draw too (bar being at home). I wonder who we may get in the semis...
By poyntonshark
Wow. First time for a long time that we have maintained the intensity for all 80 minutes. Everybody put a shift in. Defensively excellent as we have come to expect, attack not a whole lot different to usual, but without the white line fever, very few chances went begging. Scarlets did look poor, we must deserve some credit for that. We have lost games earlier this season when our opposition has been worse.

Raynal ably demonstrating the inevitable decline in French refereeing quality. That call of "Ball is out, he has his hands on it" a perfect example. I would love for that to be the law, but it isn't, an international ref should surely know that. To then compound that by allowing and not even taking a second look at Ball's challenge on Faf is ridiculous. Makes a complete mockery of the discussions on here over the past week.

Confidence must be high, get Lood back in that side and we should be expecting a semi-final appearance.
By Olyy
To be fair the ball was out - then an extra guard came into the ruck to protect it, but because the ball had already gone out the ruck is over so Scarlets were within their rights to go for it

What they're not allowed to do is launch a shoulder into the back of the 9s head
Hopefully the citing commissioner was watching - but I think that might have been Ball's last game for Scarlets (I know he's leaving this season, but not sure if it's pre or post Rainbow Cup, as that's newly tacked on) so if he does get bans it won't matter to him as he's off to Australia
By ageinghoody
For me AJ's show and go for Josh's try immediately brought back memories of Charlie setting up Oriol Ripol in the Prem final.
By poyntonshark
Olyy wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:14 pm
To be fair the ball was out - then an extra guard came into the ruck to protect it, but because the ball had already gone out the ruck is over so Scarlets were within their rights to go for it
Just re-wound you are right, WGJ was a fraction late binding on to ruck, however, that wasn't Raynal's call he said it was out because Faf had his hands on it.
Olyy liked this
By poyntonshark
Should add that the improvement in the maul is continuing, much better organised, we gave Scarlets few opportunities to get through the middle and spoil. We defended their maul ( probably the best part of their game today) pretty well too.
By H's D
Confidence must be high, get Lood back in that side and we should be expecting a semi-final appearance.
Not so fast Poynters. If Bordeaux Begles can beat Bristol they will be very stiff opposition. Their T4 position confirms it. It will take another near perfect 80 minute performance. As Bristol found out in the second half of their match....A realistic aspiration and target, not an 'expectation'! That is the dangerous language of complacency. :thinking:
By StalyShark
We’ll just have to hope that the TMO isn’t used next week as the xxxxx won’t show replays that go against the home side.

Cut the offensive epithets, please - ed
By eBike
The Scarlet Fever fan forum was very complementary about Sale and praised the whole team for 80 minutes of dominance in all phases of the game. Many also felt that the Jake Ball incident was at least a yellow and expect a citing.

One thing that also stood out was how they recognised the quality of Sale's relentless pursuit of more tries even though they could have relaxed and seen the game out comfortably from half time.

"Tidy"
By poyntonshark
H's D wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:45 pm
Not so fast Poynters. If Bordeaux Begles can beat Bristol they will be very stiff opposition. Their T4 position confirms it. It will take another near perfect 80 minute performance. As Bristol found out in the second half of their match....A realistic aspiration and target, not an 'expectation'! That is the dangerous language of complacency. :thinking:
That may well all be true, but don't we play La Rochelle in the quarters? Still not complacent, and if the news on Loods's injury is true then will be harder, but surely you go into every game expecting to win, that's quite bit different to expecting turning up to be enough to win. The language of confidence, not complacency.
By Streatham Shark
The defence was very reminiscent of sarries against Leinster at St James Park a couple of years back, we just didn't give them any room to breathe.

Tom Curry is world class now, his work rate raised the team and for me got the best performance we've had out of the twins in the back row together. There were so many positives it's difficult to list them all, but I ne thing that stood out for me was our physical commitment, and Byron in particular stood out for his aggressiveness with ball in hand. I thought AJ was hard done by missing out on MOTM, that was damn near a perfect performance from him.

I've not been this excited about Sale since the glory days of 2006, and the kids coming through from the academy give great hope for the future.
By Major Bloodnok
H's D wrote:
We're not playing Bordeaux-Begles, we're playing La Rochelle.
By Flumpty
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:10 pm
H's D wrote:
Talking of Bordeaux-Begles, they had a tidy looking Tight Head playing for them today, who looked somehow kind of familiar.
Olyy liked this
By Major Bloodnok
Flumpty wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:14 pm
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:10 pm
H's D wrote:

Talking of Bordeaux-Begles, they had a tidy looking Tight Head playing for them today, who looked somehow kind of familiar.
I did allow myself a small shout of "Vadeeem!" as they ran out...
Flumpty liked this
By DaveAitch
I, and the entire Scarlets team, missed the first half. I do have it recorded (at least I hope it has recorded) so I can watch ad infinitum, or even longer. It will make good watching. Big wins are funny things, but well worth taking when they come along.

I don't think Llanelli would have been such easy meat as Scarlets proved to be.
By HR1861
A fantastic performance from the whole team.
It reminded me of the WC final when the Boks simply didn’t give England a sniff and completely dominated physically.
The whole pack were awesome, but if you had to pick someone out, Tom Curry for me made all the difference and showed what we’ve been missing. He’d get in a World XV on present form.
Faf was back to his best and AJ couldn’t put a foot wrong (no doubt Clutch will still have his moan).
Roll on next Saturday 3pm. Although La Rochelle will now know what to expect, and there will be no complacency from them.
45jumper, Flumpty liked this
By StalyShark
Van Cannonball wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:01 am
What’s bizarre is scarlets didn’t seem to know what to expect!
To be fair, I doubt thing even we knew to expect that and we’ve been long suffering fans! It was a pleasant surprise.
Never ending word association thread

Seven https://youtu.be/0e4Odk-v3oU?si=7nsF0jSeZinF[…]

Falcons

Not sure the citing comission can get involved - y[…]

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]