By poyntonshark
Sir for quarter final - Andrew Brace.

I may have my wife and daughter spend the night elsewhere, if 6N is anything to go by I will spend most of the game screaming at the TV.
By IrishShark
Yareet wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:10 pm
IrishShark wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:50 pm
I mean we could be ok?
I do wonder how come Brace has got La Rochelle two weeks running.
I mean he can't have them win 2 weeks in a row right? That would be suspect...
Yareet liked this
By poyntonshark
Of the refs chosen for the quarters (don't know if others available), Brace is the only one this game could have. Others are Raynal, Carley and Pearce. I donl't think we could have a French or English ref for this game. Although both AR's are French.
By SixNineOne
I think the allocations are determined by which union employs them rather than their ancestry, viz JP Doyle, and Alain Rolland might have struggled to referee a Heineken Cup knock out match if ancestry was a factor!
By Clutch
Didn’t know they were Welsh. Interesting snippet of info Elpus.

That Brace decision annoys me. Why are different leagues getting different directive. That’s 100% a red mitigated down to yellow in the premiership.

Why are our English refs precluded from using common sense. Incidentally Brace and Ugo are correct in my book. Just prefer some global guidance and understanding from the powers that be.

Think our refs are significantly stricter in enforcing this. Hence the reason Ball wasn’t spotted I guess.
By poyntonshark
I don't think they are getting a different directive, it's that old chestnut of interpretation again. The easiest example for us is, I think, to compare with Luke's recent yellow. Normally I would be happy for both to be called Rugby incidents, accidental contact. However, in a world where the powers that be are trying to alter player behaviour and not have them approach tackles in an upright position, then the case for sanctioning contact with the head makes sense. Whether you agree that such moves will prove any safer is irrelevant. Both of these incidents involved a tacklee who changed position quite rapidly. The big difference can be heard in the refs' discussions with their TMOs. Luke was adjudged to not have made enough of an effort to bend at the waist, therefore contacting lower. The Glaws winger was adjudged to have bent at the waist, doing all he could to make his contact lower. Luke was at fault, the Glaws winger wasn't, in the opinion of the respective refs. I personally don't think there was a whole lot more that Luke could have resonably done, but that's just my interpretation.
By SixNineOne
Lord Elpus wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:33 am
I suppose it could have been worse - Frank Murphy for instance :doh:
Thanks a bunch - Irish have got Frank Murphy in our game against Bath down at the Wreck on Friday! So much to look forward to...
By HR1861
This appointment doesn't sit well with me at all.
La Rochelle have a distinct advantage by knowing exactly how the scrum will be reffed, which will have a huge bearing on the game. I doubt very much if this is going to be a try fest like last week's games.
If this was England and Eddie Jones, it would have been flagged by now to sow a little doubt.
By poyntonshark
HR1861 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:50 pm
This appointment doesn't sit well with me at all.
La Rochelle have a distinct advantage by knowing exactly how the scrum will be reffed, which will have a huge bearing on the game. I doubt very much if this is going to be a try fest like last week's games.
If this was England and Eddie Jones, it would have been flagged by now to sow a little doubt.
To be fair, I know exactly how the scrum is going to be reffed.........Badly
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]