By LJK
Well put Major...as you say but for one piece of superb play by Sam James at minute 84 that would have been a loss. To win for the last 2 weeks when not all was going as well as it could for much of the games, does show a lot of determination and spirit. That last 4 or 5 mins. must have been the longest, I can recall enduring watching Sale play!
Like you I think that whilst 4th or even 3rd place is possible they are far from probable outcomes, given the form of the 5 teams that are likely play off candidates at this point. . Five into four doesn't go, and suspect the lack of bonus points Sale have scored this season, might be the undoing for us after round 22. Here's hoping though......
By Surbiton_Shark
Quins suffered a couple of blows during their win last week - their big SA centre is likely to be banned for the season for a second red. He's quite a focal point of their attack a bit like Rohan is for us - however their centre doesn't drop it in contact plus their 7 who has the highest turnovers is out for the reminder of the season with injury

Having Ben Curry back will be a big boost for us plus getting Rohan/Manu back. Just hope Josh B is OK - he makes a big difference and we'll need Marland/Horse to be stay fit plus AJ......and Faf......and the twins......well......and a few more.
By Clutch
Yep. If Quins weren’t on such a good and full of confidence I would be backing Saints. He’s a huge loss to them as they do lack powerful carriers. If Lasike comes back he’s a good player but not in the same league.

Going to be an exciting end. If it was in previous seasons I wouldn’t fancy us but we have used the squad better so players should be fresh. We have tough games but I think we can probably get away with wining 3/6 and getting top 4. I think...
By Thekeg
Clutch wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:57 am
Yep. If Quins weren’t on such a good and full of confidence I would be backing Saints. He’s a huge loss to them as they do lack powerful carriers. If Lasike comes back he’s a good player but not in the same league.

Going to be an exciting end. If it was in previous seasons I wouldn’t fancy us but we have used the squad better so players should be fresh. We have tough games but I think we can probably get away with wining 3/6 and getting top 4. I think...
There’s only 5 games left, but agree 3 wins likely enough
By DaveAitch
O/T, of course, but, to be correct, the group was called 'The Mothers of Invention".

Getting back to rugby, even though Leicester had comeback to beat Ulster, Borthwick already had his mind on the Sale game. I don't think they will be the pushover they have been recently.

Thanks, once again, Major.
By ageinghoody
Mixing my metaphors here (or possibly similes), but If we think anyone is going to be a pushover then we're just asking to end up with a banana skin.

Match being reported here very nearly a prime example.
Quins game

It looks like our injury woes are viewed as an opp[…]

Blanket

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]