By iBozz
Welcome back, Cap'n Billy Whizz.
By Olyy
So happy to see him back involved with the club - I'm not sure of the details of it all but he/the club seemed to be on bad terms before (I think he was treated poorly by previous owners in relation to his brief stint as head coach?)

He's been doing a lot of community work recently so it's great to see him linking up with our community programmes as it's obviously something he's very passionate about

Also sounds like he's going to be getting involved in training with the senior squad - I guess as a skills coach?
Won't be long before we see Oosthuizen side stepping people in a phonebox :mrgreen:
By LJK
Exciting news from a true legend. We have all read umpteen press releases from Sale, and other teams which quote the people 'saying' positive things. They tend to be the same old phrases, perhaps directed by the club's PR manager. But this one sounds really genuine between Jason and CEO. Welcome back Robbo!
As has been said if he can pass on some of his electric footwork skills, should be great fun!
By poyntonshark
The Daily Fail article posted by @DavenportSharky Here says that Robbo's work with the first-team squad will be in a mentoring role, not a coaching role.

Whatever his role it is great to have him back.
By Clutch
If he can teach everyone to side step by the play offs then the bookies may as well pay out now.
By HR1861
Get real - you can't "teach" JR's sidestep / footwork - he was born with it.

A true legend - and the last England player to get you off your seat. What Simon Orange would do for someone like him now.

However, Eddie Jones probably wouldn't pick him these days, as too small under the high ball, and a very poor kicker.
By AonM
HR1861 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:09 pm
Get real - you can't "teach" JR's sidestep / footwork - he was born with it.

A true legend - and the last England player to get you off your seat. What Simon Orange would do for someone like him now.

However, Eddie Jones probably wouldn't pick him these days, as too small under the high ball, and a very poor kicker.
I think the comment Re the side step was a little tongue in cheek ....
By Olyy
No I fully expect to see our tighthead props have the same footwork and speed/acceleration that Billy Whizz had in his prime
AonM liked this
By AonM
Olyy wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:29 pm
No I fully expect to see our tighthead props have the same footwork and speed/acceleration that Billy Whizz had in his prime
Watching Morozov going at that pace would be a hell of a sight and no doubt pretty effective
By Flumpty
AonM wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:36 pm
Olyy wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:29 pm
Watching Morozov going at that pace would be a hell of a sight and no doubt pretty effective
Have you seen this gem from Smirnoff from when he was in Russia

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... aI6YfQ3_n3
AonM, Olyy liked this
By Clutch
Can’t see Swanny coming back!!!

You can’t teach what Robinson had but no reason we he can’t help some of our wingers.
By Surbiton_Shark
ale shark wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:39 pm
Maybe it’s time to welcome Swanny back into the fold.
Can we wait till he's published his long awaiting book - 'My chip and I by Swanny' - I'm hoping it's out for Xmas - :-)

Great news on Robinson
By DaveAitch
Clutch wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:55 pm
Can’t see Swanny coming back!!!

You can’t teach what Robinson had but no reason we he can’t help some of our wingers.
Agreed, but it can be coached out of players.
By iBozz
AonM wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:48 am
pretty new here what's story about swanny ?

Former SS media man who left the Club a couple of years or so ago and who wrote a book with Jason when he was playing for us.
By 45jumper
Turns out I've been blocked by Swanny on twitter. Not quite sure why as I don't remember interacting with him. I do remember thinking how petty and small-minded he seemed to be, though...
By SimonG
45jumper wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:59 pm
Turns out I've been blocked by Swanny on twitter. Not quite sure why as I don't remember interacting with him. I do remember thinking how petty and small-minded he seemed to be, though...
Maybe he thought the same about you which is why he blocked you?
By iBozz
<Mod> Let's not get into personalities, please. </Mod>
By 45jumper
He came across exceptionally well in his interview there and namechecked Sid Sutton as a big factor in him coming. Reckon he'll be a massive asset for the club :clap:
By LJK
Agreed.... great confidence and enthusiasm towards the club and his role. Clearly excited about the future there. What is notable with him and the way Alex Sanderson talk to the press, is the lack of the usual corporate speak clichés, and they look positive.! Some of the interviews with DORs and coaches are just so dull and they look bored with having to do it. For all his skills Dimes fell into that category only too often!
Asher Opoku-Fordjour

Does make me scratch my head a bit that England ar[…]

Ilex

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/1790084209219[…]

Sarries game

Our game is on TNT1