By Flumpty

T'other lot

Bath Rugby: 15. Tom de Glanville, 14. Anthony Watson, 13. Max Clark, 12. Cameron Redpath, 11. Will Muir, 10. Rhys Priestland, 9. Will Chudley; 1. Juan Schoeman, 2. Jacques du Toit, 3. Henry Thomas, 4. Will Spencer, 5. Charlie Ewels ©, 6. Josh Bayliss, 7. Sam Underhill, 8. Zach Mercer

Replacements: 16. Tom Doughty, 17. Jamie Bhatti, 18. Christian Judge, 19. Josh McNally, 20. Taulupe Faletau, 21. Ben Spencer, 22. Orlando Bailey, 23. Joe Cokanasiga

Bath have got a fancy dancy team announcement video thingy that I can't link to properly
By Olyy
Great to see Ben back!

Happy enough with the side - shame to see Ashman drop out all together after another great cameo last week. I would've given serious consideration to starting him tbh - I think he's earned a shot.

Shame there's no Rohan - I thought they said he was only absent before because of the plastic pitch? But he's not been seen since

Disappointing to see Josh out again - hopefully it's just a rolled/twisted ankle and just need a weeks rest and he'll be back firing again shortly, and nothing more sinister

No WGJ again - hopefully he's back soon, we'll need him for the playoff run - however I'm very excited to see Harper get some more game time
By London shark
Hi Everyone - Not sure what the protocols for introductions are but here goes. I'm new to this forum but have been a spectator for quite a while. Have been following the Sharks since 2005 when I played rugby in Singapore. It's been the best of times and the worst of times but am glad we're going in the right direction again.

On the game Vs Bath, no surprise that both teams have gone full strength (almost). Good to see Ben Curry back for the season run in and glad that they chose not to risk Tuilagi for this game with Exeter, Quins and Bristol to come.

C'mon you 🦈!!
Elgar, AonM, DavenportSharky and 6 others liked this
By Basilbullneck
Bit surprised and disappointed that we don't see JP Du Preez on the teamsheet - he's been a lineout banker when he's played. Whether he starts or comes off the bench I don't mind, but the option would have been nice.

Muir must be some talent to be keeping the likes of Cokansiga, Rokoduguni and McConnochie out of the team.
By Olyy
Basilbullneck wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:08 pm
Muir must be some talent to be keeping the likes of Cokansiga, Rokoduguni and McConnochie out of the team.
Muir has been playing really well, to be fair to him
I believe McConnochie is injured and Cokanasiga hasn't hit anywhere near his pre-RWC form since coming back from injury
By poyntonshark
Thanks for the numbers John, I was thinking that it was a very youthful looking bench.

Welcome @London shark, looking forward to a new voice/keyboard on many topics. There really isn't much around here by way of protocol, jump in and say what you think.

Re-Friday night, 30 points up, try bonus secured before half time with a second half in cruise control would make a refreshing change.
By Van Cannonball
Bath’s front row must be the weak point, whereas it’s normally a strength, so hopefully we can get some joy in that area. I’m a little surprised not to see Val involved for that reason.

Only 2 real lineout options with DDP not involved, but with JP we should be ok.
By Surbiton_Shark
Real shame that we have Rohan/Manu out at the same time and Josh B/Lood ditto.

Probably a bit underwhelmed for some reason and always nervous against Bath though pleased Spencer isn't starting - I remember him leading them to a win at our place.

One of those we should win but you just never know with Bath - I'm fairly sure they won't be shy at long passes out to the wing to cut out our rush defence so glad we've got our first choice wingers out as positioning will be key.

Really nice to see Ben Curry back - Dan having a well deserved rest.

We need this win to make life easier for ourselves.....but we rarely do so!

Hard to imagine Harrison being the old man of the side!

Also welcome London Shark - I'm also now in these parts - very fond memories of pubs in Singapore from my work there.....Muddy Murphy's springs to mind.......
By Van Cannonball
Not won at the Rec for 7 years apparently, and they’ve not exactly been great over that period.

Not a happy ground for us.

Conversely our home record to Bristol and Quins is excellent, so not all on this game, but any kind of win would be very welcome.
By Thekeg
Van Cannonball wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:17 pm
Not won at the Rec for 7 years apparently, and they’ve not exactly been great over that period.

Conversely our home record to Bristol and Quins is excellent, so not all on this game, but any kind of win would be very welcome.
Think that was the ten minute scrum in the muddy corner game
By Yareet
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:00 pm
poyntonshark wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:31 pm
Re-Friday night, 30 points up, try bonus secured before half time with a second half in cruise control would make a refreshing change.
Can I have some of whatever he's been drinking?
It would be nice if Poynters could specify which team is 30pts up :yikes: 🤣
By poyntonshark
Thekeg wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:58 pm
Van Cannonball wrote:

Wasn't that about 150 scrums in 10 minutes, all 150 of which we <ahem..> 'lost our footing in the slippery conditions', every time.
Flumpty liked this
By poyntonshark
Yareet wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:48 pm
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:00 pm
poyntonshark wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:31 pm
Can I have some of whatever he's been drinking?
It would be nice if Poynters could specify which team is 30pts up :yikes: 🤣
Oh ye of little faith.

Major. FYI. Mostly Guinness this week, with a few 'small' Jack and Cokes.
By Olyy
poyntonshark wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:00 am
Thekeg wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:58 pm
Van Cannonball wrote:

Wasn't that about 150 scrums in 10 minutes, all 150 of which we <ahem..> 'lost our footing in the slippery conditions', every time.
If a doctor ever tells me I've got 80mins left to live I'll crack that game on - feels like it went on for bloody ever!
By poyntonshark
Nah. Pretty sure @Clutch is right. We dropped immediately the ball was in, couldn't be penalised as Bath were never going forwards. We should have had a yellow card or two though.
By Flumpty
Clutch wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:03 pm
We did. Thomas was binned definitely.
Was he eventually binned for not engaging/refusing to engage/delaying the engage - rather than repeatedly dropping the scrum ?
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]