By JohnJ of HM
I see now that those of us without smart phones have to now pay £3 each for the privelege of having card.

Can't help feeling a bit ripped off .
By AonM
I wouldn't think £3 to print off a card is profiting, probably about covering their costs
By JohnJ of HM
AonM wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:33 pm
I wouldn't think £3 to print off a card is profiting, probably about covering their costs
But it's an extra cost that we have not had for the previous 16 seasons and it's on top of the handling charge when we bought the season tickets.
By Thekeg
You feel ripped off over £3, the cost of which is effectively spread over a full season? It’s about 19p a game….
By chris1850
The extra cost is something or nothing. It is the psychological sense of grievance that some, understandably feel at paying an extra £3 on an already expensive season ticket just to get a physical ticket. Its the same reaction to having to pay credit card fees in certain industries, for example, when that was legal. Same as paying a 'booking fee'. What's that all about?

Personally, I would prefer it if they simply increased the price of the ticket by, say, £5 and jettisoned the add-ons. I doubt it would affect ST sales and the nett effect would actually be to increase overall income from sales, in all probability as it would apply to every ticket. It would stop the resentment about the addons at least and simply focus the grumbles on the overall cost of a ST where I suspect most people simply shrug their shoulders at the difference in cost of £5.
JohnJ of HM liked this
By JohnJ of HM
chris1850 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:02 pm
The extra cost is something or nothing. It is the psychological sense of grievance that some, understandably feel at paying an extra £3 on an already expensive season ticket just to get a physical ticket. Its the same reaction to having to pay credit card fees in certain industries, for example, when that was legal. Same as paying a 'booking fee'. What's that all about?

Personally, I would prefer it if they simply increased the price of the ticket by, say, £5 and jettisoned the add-ons. I doubt it would affect ST sales and the nett effect would actually be to increase overall income from sales, in all probability as it would apply to every ticket. It would stop the resentment about the addons at least and simply focus the grumbles on the overall cost of a ST where I suspect most people simply shrug their shoulders at the difference in cost of £5.
Totally agree. It's the principle not the fact that I can't afford £3. That together with the pressure that is brought about to push me into getting a smart phone which I don't want. It's the same as when you go into the pub and you can't get served because you haven't got the app on a smart phone.
By ageinghoody
Mixed feelings on this.

I recall when I was on the committee of a local hiking club a few years back. We decided we would email members with weekly reminders of activities.

One member complained that, as he didn't have email, someone should phone him (on his landline of course) whenever such a message was sent.

Putting aside someone's time and trouble, should we have spent money belonging to all the members to mitigate one menber's personal choice?

On the other hand I get irritated with a couple of organisations I occasionally buy from who publish (slightly) higher prices for items purchased via their website than through their app. I do have a smartphone, but don't want to use up storage on numerous, rarely used, apps.

Oddly, if they described it as a discount for app users, I'd probably find that less objectionable. Although, I haven't yet figured out how using their app reduces their costs.
By DaveAitch
The better method, I feel, is always to have a standard price, but then offer some sort of discount if you are prepared to use a certain method. That discount could be on the form of a £5 shop voucher (so they aren't really giving that much away, and anyway some wouldn't be cashed in).

Addendum : I'm thinking principally of Sale Sharks here.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]