When Caldy had that, a game cancelled, it turned out the opposition had resigned from the league. It wouldn't seem likely that's the case here, so I had a look at Bowdon's website. Nothing obvious that I could see. The last 'news' was February 2021. This is never-the-less slightly better than Kendal: last news June 2018.

I'm not sure why clubs bother having a website when they don't seem to bother to keep things up to date. Caldy is not much different, but does have a preview of tomorrow's game.
DaveAitch wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:35 pm
When Caldy had that, a game cancelled, it turned out the opposition had resigned from the league. It wouldn't seem likely that's the case here, so I had a look at Bowdon's website. Nothing obvious that I could see. The last 'news' was February 2021. This is never-the-less slightly better than Kendal: last news June 2018.

I'm not sure why clubs bother having a website when they don't seem to bother to keep things up to date. Caldy is not much different, but does have a preview of tomorrow's game.

https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/news

Look again Dave, Kendal seem to post plenty.

The offy is now saying that Bowdon were unable to fulfil the fixture.
DaveAitch wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:56 pm
Kendal seem to have two websites on the go. An internet search finds this at the top of the list:
http://kendalrufc.rfu.club

It's up to date on results, and fixtures are given. Maybe Bowdon has another website too.
The site that you've linked to is run by the RFU and is linked to the GMS (Game Management System) that the RFU really, really, really wants grassroots clubs to uses in it's entireity, rather than just for fixtures, results and league tables etc. Unfortunately, it (cough, cough, ahem) may not be the most user friendly piece of kit and at one stage was about as popular as VD in a knocking shop. This may have changes slightly, as resistence from Clubs to use it was intense at one stage

The other site is a free site (you can pay for extra features) that is run by Pitchero and is very poular with grassroots clubs due to its user friendly interface (plus you're not going to get someone from the RFU kicking your door in at 3am because you've not done something that the RFU says that you should have done).

IMO (not backed by a lot of research, but rather from looking at various sites from time to time), Clubs that put out very little other than results and upcoming fixtures will use the RFU system (the website will be automatically updated when a Club updates its results directly to the RFU). Whereas Clubs that put out a lot more information, via several people within a Club, will use the Pitchero site.

The RFU site will update automatically, whereas sites like Pitchero need people to actively be involved and get their fingers out to post relevant information - Bowdons Offy has no mention of todays game against Kendal being off !https://www.bowdonrufc.co.uk/
The watchword for many things rugby seems to be "confusion". Iran, sorry that should read I ran, a Pitchero site for Caldy 4th team a few years back, because the club's own site wasn't up to scratch. Then Caldy went to Pitchero, so I closed down my effort. Later Caldy moved on again to (I think) the RFU run affair.
Saturday, 30th October 2021

National 1 Round 9

Rams 21 - 32 Sale FC (HT: 14 - 19)

Allianz Cup Round 1

SS Women 43 - 15 Loughborough Lightning Women (HT: 19 - 8) Match Report
iBozz wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:30 am
Flumpty wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:40 pm
DaveAitch wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:57 pm

Just a note on Kirby Lonsdale Development Team, in the same league as Caldy 2nds.
The record so far: given a home walkover in the first game, then losing 12-50, 64-0 and 14-90. Last Saturday's game was cried off by them. I think one has to wonder if their season will be completed. There will be plenty of other teams in the lower leagues which definitely won't, but Kirby L are in the top North West Halbro league.
Something seems to be amiss at KL. This season, their First XV has lost 49-7, lost 50-0, lost 69-19, lost 48-3. Previously, they were always prompt to give a (cough, one eyed cough) match report, but of recent there hasn't been anything off the match report presses, hot, warm, cool or frozen.

It’s always sad to hear of Clubs falling on hard times, let’s hope that whatever ails them isn’t fatal.
KL got hammered (again) today, 74-5 against Otley
Kendal Senior Colts 13 Kirkby Lonsdale Senior Colts 14

As close as the result suggests and KL's stronger bench tipped the balance in their favour - they were certainly happy to have won at the end.

p.s. I got told today that Bowdon wanted the game postponed as one of their coaches has Covid. If so, It'll be down to the RFU rules to settle !
Saturday, 6th November 2021

Allianz Cup Round 2

SS Women 0 - 19 Exeter Women (HT: 0 - 7)
Sunday, 7th November 2021

Championship North 2: Round 4

Sale 1861 33 - 0 Crewe and Nantwich Ladies (HT: 19 - 0)
Saturday, 13th November 2021

National 1 Round 10

Darlington Mowden Park 15 - 32 Sale FC (HT: 8 - 21)
Caldy 31:28 Leeds Tykes

NAT 1, Round 10, but 9th game for Caldy.

Caldy 2nds v Rossendale: postponed, it says on the NOWIRUL website. The 2nds haven't played since 30th October, unless there were cup games that I haven't noticed
Sunday, 14th November 2021

Allianz Cup Round 3

Saracens Women 31 - 0 SS Women (HT: 14 - 0)

Championship North 2 Round 5

Bishop Auckland Ladies 25 - 27 Sale 1861 (HT: ?? - ??)
Kendal Senior Colts 36 Southport Senior Colts 0

Only saw the first half, as left at half time to take Flumpty Jnr to A&E. Displaced fracture to his thumb will clip his wings for a while (longer still if it needs pinning :no: )
I wish junior well. When you say "displaced fracture" I hope you didn't mean fracture dislocation. Either way, it's not good

I watched Hoylake v Burnley today at junior colts level. Lots of effort from both sides. I'm not sure of the finishing score, but it was something of the order of 6 tries to 2 in favour of Hoylake. It was a pleasure to spend time with Geoff, from Burnley, photographer and their club president. He has been involved with his club for over 50 years, and still enthusiastic.
Flumpty liked this
Cheers Dave & Poynton

He's got a Bennett's Fracture https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennett%27s_fracture, so displaced fracture, rather than dislocated fracture.

Fortunately, with the way that the Colts League fixtures are done, he's got plenty of time for the bone to heal before he'll be playing again - there is a break from 12th Dec until 2rd Jan . He's moved from 10 last season to 2nd row this season and it's been a good move for him.
DaveAitch wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:46 pm
Not that good a move, surely. He didn't have a fractured thumb playing at 10.
You're right, various other injures, but not a fractured thumb !
At 6ft6in and 15+stone, he's physique is possibly better suited to the 2nd row. As a 10, he was more like Andy Goode than Alex !
Saturday, 20 November 2021

National 1 Round 11

Sale FC entertaining Old Elthamians was cancelled due to the Guests withdrawing from the league earlier this Term.
NOWIRUL Cotton Traders Premier League - Caldy 2nds won 19-17 away at Fylde to main tain a 100% record this season. Meanwhile Chester and Macclesfield had lucky wins against Burnage (92-0) and Kirkby Lonsdale (74-5). A 14-12 win at home for Sandbach against Sedgley, while a home cry off by Rossendale gave a walkover win to Preston Grasshoppers .

Today Hoylake junior colts played at Stockport. I wasn't there, but apparently the game was abandoned when the referee walked off mid game and a replacement could not be found. I don't know the reason.
Saturday, 27 November 2021

National 1 Round 12

Cinderford 15 - 19 Sale FC (HT: 8 - 7)

Allianz Premier 15s Round 6

SS Women 10 - 36 Harlequins Women (HT: 10 - 24)
Sunday, 28th November 2021

Championship North 2 Round 6

Birkenhead Park Panthers 7 - 38 Sale FC 1861 (HT: 7 - 17)
DaveAitch wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:38 pm

..but still no sign, as far as I can tell, of getting a 3rd team going.
At long last, Kendal are now able to run an occassional 3rd/Social team and long may it continue.

Bad day at the office for the 1st's
Stockport 55 Kendal 15

Abbreviated match report (the weather worked against Mark, the match reporter !)
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/teams/921 ... 506/report
Kendal 24 Glossop 5

A good win for Kendal, a wet, cold, windy afternoon.

https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/teams/921 ... 505/report
Excellant performance.

For the first 10 mins, Kendal didn't get out of out own half (& spent a lot of it in our own 22) and gave away 5/6 penalties - but stuck to the game plan and ran the bigger Glossop pack ragged. At a ruck In the 70th minute, our FH held his own against 3 Glossop forwards who seemed to be out on their feet.
Saturday, 4 December 2021

National 1 Round 13

Sale FC 24 - 0 Birmingham Moseley (HT: 10 - 0)

Allianz Premier 15s Round 7

Wasps Women 22 - 8 SS Women (HT: 7 - 0)
NOWIRUL Cotton Traders Premier League - Chester 2nd XV 5:12 Caldy 2nd XV
Caldy remain top, this is only the third game of the season when a try bonus point hasn't been taken.

ENGLISH NATIONAL LEAGUE 1
Bishop's Stortford. 20:31 Caldy
5th place now for Caldy, but Rams in 6th, have a game in hand.

No game at home today. It a good job sponsors put a few bob in the pot.
Sunday, 5 December 2021

Championship North 2: Round 7

Sheffield Ladies 10 - 20 Sale 1861 (HT: 0 - 13)
By iBozz
Saturday, 11 December 2021

National 1 Round 14

Blackheath 28 - 34 Sale FC

Allianz Premier 15s Round 8

Loughborough Lightning 27 - 0 SS Women
Kendal Senior Colts 22 Newcastle (Staffs) 19
Kendal were on top for much of the game, bur Newcastle could have nicked it with the final few phases of the game.
A nice way to spend a couple of hours on a soggy Sundaty afternoon !
The game was First vs Second and Kendal Colts retain their place ontop of their Division.
30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinaire[…]

Quins game

They won't rest anyone. It will be a full strength[…]

cancellation

Heaton Moor 2nds 80 Trafford MV 3rds 19 Bigger n[…]