By JDC
Just some random thought/observations about the match day experience on Saturday :

- Marquee beer : huge queues, slow service, payment issues with card machine faulty
- Deafening music outside making conversation impossible
- Brilliantly organised (and simple) season ticket collection, despite the noise !!
- Great atmosphere all round, a proper 'buzz' about the place
- Avoided long queue at main turnstile by using our allocated one at the far end, no queue at all
- Easy to get served at the bar under the stand : quick, efficient, card machine working
- Outside to watch warm-ups - more DEAFENING music
- Enjoyable game, particularly first half
- Hugely annoying PA guy with irritating "AO" chant
- Turn the f*****g thing down a notch or two
- The game took TWO HOURS (!!!). Refs fault in my view as he seemingly did little to speed things up. OK on a warm day like this but on a cold Friday night it won't be good .....
- Ball in play for 29 mins (which surprisingly is similar with all the Prem games this w/e)
- Easy exit from the ground (on foot)
- Speedy walk to car parked 15 mins
- Back home in Rochdale 7:45pm (45 mins after leaving our seats)
- A cracking afternoon

How was your experience ?

John
The "ao" chant I can sort of understand, even if I don't like it. I wish they'd stop it, though.

The "boom, boom, boom" thing can eff-off to infinity and beyond.

I wish the club would understand that we know how to do supporting and don't need them to tell us. They provide the rugby and we provide the support. It's why they call us supporters.

Otherwise, no real beefs with the overall experience. But, then, I don't drink the slop that they call beer or eat the dubious stuff that they call food, so I don't get frustrated by broken POS machines.
Centrethreequarter liked this
Standing at ticket window, trying to buy tickets was much harder that it need to be by guess what...........deafening music drowing out the ticket offices speaker things.

arrrrrggghhh, turn it down.

Other than that, happy to spend cash to get a beer inside (if it was card only I'd have done without). The bloke going my Guinness failed miserably first time, but "I've never done this before and noones shown me how to do it ".

A big thumbs up for the new big screen in the top of the Prawn Sandwich Stand, so North Standers can keep up with replays etc

The shuttle bus is 100% excellant - but remember to get your tix before match day.

Not so keen on getting tickets emailed to you, rather than having a piece of paper, but it take within 90 secs or so.

Has Sharky swum off to oceans new ?

PA man dial it down a notch or 3, it was getting to be as bad as the abomination that ruins Falcons games at times.

er, and thats about it
New stadium announcer Mispronounced Du Preez when reading the line ups, which is half of our team some matches.

Sale’s team were already on the pitch before they were announced to come on, along with the poorly timed fireworks!

Card machines in the south stand not working, and the music mid game is a waste of time IMO!
chris1850 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Saw Sharky outside beforehand. No sign of Finlay though. Think Sharky must have put on a human head and played for us in the end because at every scrum the other forwards were shouting 'let's go Sharky '...........
Are you sure you didn't just see sharkira his missus?
Because of the queue to get in to the West Stand, there was a queue for beer/food, which meant that although we got to our seats about 5 minutes before kick-off, people were still wandering around looking for their seats for about the first 10 minutes of the match. Then at some point members of the Sale women's team arrived to cause a bit more disruption. There just seemed to be a constant coming and going in front of me, which was distracting.

On the plus side, I did have a nice chat with one of the women's team players. It was also nice to get out and watch a game in lovely weather.

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]

Falcons

Their team doesn't look that bad on paper. bu[…]

Tom Curry OMG

I just hope he takes his time and is patient. Jus[…]

Queen