By JDC
Sums it up very nicely, including some of my gripes on the other thread about the bloody noise :)

I also thought the whole dynamic changed when we had lost both Raffi and Curry. Just shows what fast(er) players can bring to the game. Not just foot speed, but speed of thought. Raffi seems to have a quick mind as well as feet which bodes well .....

I'm not up to speed with which props were brought on/off but our scrum certainly imploded later on, even to the extent of Bath preferring to re-set on their own line knowing we would give away a penalty .... !!
By Clutch
Harrison came on after 50 with TT. It was Schonert who was getting pinged. Ford came on after 65 ish.

Have to say both replacements weren’t great. Harrison feels very much second choice now behind Rodd. His USP was playing 80 and he’s less effective now we don’t need that. Wasn’t great in defence for their try. Taylor good in lineout but stupid penalty at the end imo and he butchered a great try scoring chance albeit not exactly his role in the side.
By chris1850
Said it before - I really liked TT and had high hopes for him when he was here before. Joining Wasps was a mistake for him - he did it to further his England chances and it got him nowhere. I honestly think he would have been better in that respect by staying here, becoming undisputed no 1 hooker and perfecting his trade under Dimes.

Can't blame him for having his head turned but I really dont get using up salary cap in now bringing him home. Langdon and Ashman must be really p'eed off and they are exactly the sort of players we should be putting our faith in for the future. Nic Dolly is being trusted at Tigers. We have to do likewise with our youngsters.

Unless Axe doesnt have sufficient faith in them, in which case that is his prerogative and I can't argue
By Clutch
Taylor will be a good signing. He looked v good in warm up. For me he’s a starter though. Langdon and Ashman offer more as an impact. I think we should sort of rotate Taylor and Akker and have one of the others on the bench.

It’s a pretty attritional position. Taylor and Akker have had injuries. I suspect we will be rotating heavily.
By ageinghoody
chris1850 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:39 pm
- I really liked ***and had high hopes for him when he was here ... Joining Wasps was a mistake for him - he did it to further his England chances and it got him nowhere. ...
*** Insert name here, perhaps?
chris1850 liked this

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Never ending word association thread

Bam https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=t[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]

Ask the Club

Was sent my tickets electronically today to go[…]