By Olyy
Prem Rugby are, finally, going to start showing non-televised games via their app

£4.99 for a game, £6.99 for the whole round

Little pricey, IMO, especially to get casual fans involved - but a step in the right direction and hopefully next season will see them implement a season pass type deal with a discount (like the Super Rugby subscription mentioned in another thread on here)

Starts at Rd 18

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/prtvlive/
By Van Cannonball
Presumably why the clampdown has happened on the streaming sites.

Not sure how much I’ll want to pay extra to see Sale lose away games on top of paying for BT.
By Carlos
Van Cannonball wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:15 pm
Presumably why the clampdown has happened on the streaming sites.

Not sure how much I’ll want to pay extra to see Sale lose away games on top of paying for BT.
Not paying for BT is an option - depending on what else you watch on there.

For me, this looks like a viable deal, I get the full rounds of rugby games, I don't have to pay for the off season and the price per month is around the same, if not slightly lower. Question remains over the European games though, so will need to weigh that up.

In the mean time, the VK site is still streaming all matches ( so I've heard - cough, cough).
By Bronzbronx
Apparently there will be a season pass from next season, Paul Morgan on this twitter thread must be involved with the project as has the answers.

Olyy liked this
By Van Cannonball
I think there must be a chance that this could be signalling BT exiting the sport. I know there are some pretty strong rumours about BT sport being sold off.

I don’t get enough value from BT in general so if it was all direct to Prem rugby I’d be ok with that, assuming the coverage is still decent.
By StalyShark
The games that I watch on Peacock TV (all the live Prem games) all have decent coverage and British commentators during the game; no pre or post game though.
By chris1850
StalyShark wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:13 pm
The games that I watch on Peacock TV (all the live Prem games) all have decent coverage and British commentators during the game; no pre or post game though.
Staly - how exactly do you access Prem games on Peacock?
By dinogyro
The only reason I stick with BT Sport is because I like MotoGP as well as rugby.
By eBike
Valentino "The Doctor" Rossi's birthday today. :joy:

A moto GP legend
By dinogyro
An absolute legend. I just wished he had stopped one or two seasons ago. It was painful to watch at the end.

Apparently it was the tyre construction that was his downfall, so maybe he was hoping for some change there or to learn to adapt?
By dinogyro
Might be a stupid question, but can I access this via my LG TV? I bought the TV last year, so it's an up to date model.

I get a lot of buffering on the Russian Facebook site, even though I have fibre broadband.
By chris1850
Presumably it is a SmartTV whereby you can download 3rd party apps (most modern TVs are).

My understanding is that the games will be made available via the Premiership Rugby App, which you would download to your Smart TV, then open the app and watch the selected game.

Alternatively, I guess you could have the app on a phone or tablet, get the match on that device and then cast it (or mirror screen) to your TV.

Surprised you get buffering on the Russian site. We have a relatively poor Internet connection yet get very little buffering from it
By Flumpty
dinogyro wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:28 pm
Might be a stupid question, but can I access this via my LG TV? I bought the TV last year, so it's an up to date model.

I get a lot of buffering on the Russian Facebook site, even though I have fibre broadband.
If mine buffers, I turn down the level of picture definition and Robert is indeed my Mothers brother
By dinogyro
Thanks for the replies. I will try and do something with my TV!

I keep worrying that every time it buffers, it's not going to come back! At least for £5 you are guaranteed the whole game, presumably in HD.
By poyntonshark
I have found that setting the resolution for Russian Facebook to anything but auto helps decrease the buffering hugely. I had no buffering at all this week. Aussie NBN, fibre to the node is utter shite.
By Parky
According to the Q&A's on their website, PRTV Live is only streaming games not on BT or ITV
By Thekeg
Parky wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:56 pm
According to the Q&A's on their website, PRTV Live is only streaming games not on BT or ITV
Otherwise they’d be in competition with the companies they’d sold rights to presumably
By dinogyro
poyntonshark wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:36 pm
I have found that setting the resolution for Russian Facebook to anything but auto helps decrease the buffering hugely. I had no buffering at all this week. Aussie NBN, fibre to the node is utter shite.
Thanks, I will give that a try too.
By dinogyro
As expected, I can't get this to work on my TV. I have downloaded the Prem. Rugby app (so my TV says), but it doesn't appear in the app list. Even to do that I had a load of palaver with a Google account sign up etc.

Probably be Russian Facebook and fingers crossed.

It says I can view on a tablet and then cast to my TV, but I've never had any luck with that either. All this technology makes me want to smash things up!

Wish I could just go to the match.
By dinogyro
I have downloaded the PR app to my tablet and finally figured out how to send that to my TV. So I will be trying out the PRTV Live paid service tonight.
By Bronzbronx
Don't usually have anything except replays at HT on the non televised games,the commentator discussion must be to add value to the new prem TV thing
By poyntonshark
Well Stan Sports, which is what Russian facebook carries, have audio from the England v Wales U20 game over our game. What a professional outfit.
ledzepsfr liked this
By StalyShark
poyntonshark wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:45 pm
Well Stan Sports, which is what Russian facebook carries, have audio from the England v Wales U20 game over our game. What a professional outfit.
Goading us into getting the Light Brigade ready for action again.
By Olyy
Very impressed with PRTV

Not over the moon with a fiver per game but if they have a reasonably priced season pass next season I'll definitely be signing up

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Never ending word association thread

Bam https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=t[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]

Ask the Club

Was sent my tickets electronically today to go[…]