By Olyy
Elgar wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:22 am
Raffi Quirke's try!

Am I over simplifying this or were Slade and Marchant able to slice through the midfield so easily on that occasion because the SA centres couldn't take seriously that Slade would be the first receiver standing as wide and as flat as he was.... without having seen first hand the quality of Quirke's service?
I think it was Smith behind Slade that created the space - SA thought it was going to be a pull back pass to Smith who then spins it wide, they thought Marchant was running the dummy to hide that pass so his line cut them open

Was sublime pass from Raffi out to Slade, though
By Van Cannonball
And the delay on the pass from Slade which probably added to the Bok defence thinking it was being pulled back.

All round excellent execution from everyone on the play.
By Olyy
Was just reading some analysis of the game and they pointed out that it's the same play that England ran for Stewards try - the Boks read it well this time and went to shut it down...only for Slade to switch it up with the no look pass to Marchant who changes his line at the last second to hit the gap instead of the defender

Really great work from all involved
By 45jumper
Slade was absolutely superb against SA. Seems like he benefitted the most from Farrell not being involved as he was the primary playmaker along with Smith, rather than having three ball players on the pitch.
Elgar, Bucks1861 liked this
By Yareet
ale shark wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:43 am
He might have had a second if the ref had played on for the Kolisi yellow. I think Slade was clean though with Raffi on his shoulder.
True and it was my first take but unfortunately Marchant dropped the ball forwards as he hit the deck.
Asher Opoku-Fordjour

Does make me scratch my head a bit that England ar[…]

Ilex

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/1790084209219[…]

Sarries game

Our game is on TNT1