By 45jumper
Really big test this weekend. Nice to see us on TV, feels like it's been a while! I've included all of the international lads as I assume they're available?

Hammersley, McGuigan, James, Rohan, Reed, AJ, Quirke
Rodd, Akker, Schonert, Wiese, JLDP, Ross, Curry, DDP
Reps - Ashman, Harrison, Jones, Lood, Curry/Dugdale, Warr, RDP, LJames/Denny

Lood on the bench as he won't be as fresh as Wiese/JLDP, Akker for his abrasion in the loose and Ross because I suspect we'll be making a lot of tackles.

(Edited in view of injury news)
Last edited by 45jumper on Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Surbiton_Shark
Sale just released an injury update (finally!)

Cliff/Taylor/Yarde out for 2 weeks
Langdon/Doherty 3
Manu - TBC

Long term

Faff/Josh/Sam HJ/Josh H

Not sure who would be backup for Akker for when he limps off on Sarries plastic pitch
By Alex
Well at least we know for sure that's he's returning from his loan spell!

It's a good job we had 4 hookers though or we'd be in serious trouble.
Flumpty liked this
By Olyy
Would be surprised at no Raffi - he's not played much rugby this season, unless he's still nursing injury?
Tom I could understand as he played every minute of the AIs

Bevan got two starts so probably hits the threshhold for mandated rest

Not sure on Lood - obv we want to play him, but with his injury history needs to be managed carefully - maybe have him on the bench?
By stevene
I can see the rationale for no Tom C and possibly Bevan but not Raffi unless he picked up a knock vs the saffers.

Not happy that we have to expose Reed or Roebuck's (to my mind significant) defensive frailties vs Sarries but with Yarde injured and Denny on his bike back home/to Japan therefore one of them gets the nod. To me Reed has had enough exposure to cure this by now considering he is 22 now, will have played 50 times for us if he plays this weekend and made his league debut debut in 2018. with his experience he is probably going to get the nod until Yarde is fit. the cupboard does look empty now though on the wing since Ashton and now Denny have left.....

I assume Lood is available as he is not on the injury report and Koch appears to be available for Sarries?

Team for me:

Harrison
AVDM
Schonert
LDJ
Wiese
JLDP
B Curry
DDP
Raffi/ Warr
AJM
Reed
RJVR
S James
McGuigan
Hammersley

Rodd/ McIntyre
Ashman
Coenie
Ross
JPDP
Warr
L James
Curtis
By Olyy
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ashton in on a short term loan,

There's obviously issues between him and Worcester, and he doesn't have a good relationship with Dimes so that won't help matters, plus him and Axe are mates and have a good working relationship

I mentioned in another thread I wouldn't be happy to sign Ashton, but if he were just to join until the end of the season while we scout for a Denny replacement, then I'm open to it
By DavenportSharky
Saracens Men team to play Sale Sharks:

1 Mako Vunipola

2 Ethan Lewis

3 Vincent Koch

4 Maro Itoje

5 Tim Swinson

6 Nick Isiekwe

7 Jackson Wray (cc)

8 Billy Vunipola

9 Aled Davies

10 Alex Goode (cc)

11 Rotimi Segun

12 Nick Tompkins

13 Alex Lozowski

14 Sean Maitland

15 Max Malins

Replacements:

16 Kapeli Pifeleti

17 Richard Barrington

18 Alec Clarey

19 Theo McFarland

20 Ben Earl

21 Ivan van Zyl

22 Dom Morris

23 Alex Lewington
By Olyy

As expected, really (though I did think one of Neild or Dugdale on the bench instead of Tom) - little surprised that Roebuck has overtaken Reed, but Roebuck is better in the air and maybe Reed is on the naughty step for the clanger vs Wuss
By Clutch
Possibly but he offers much more ball in hand at the moment. Not seen anything from Roebuck in the air. Reeds error was one of those things.

Happy to see us rotate anyway and expose both players.

It’s a serious team we have put out.
By DavenportSharky
Always a bit nervous about Rohan or Akker being injured on plastic.

Saracens v Sale Sharks
Referee: Tom Foley
ARs: Jack Makepeace & Gareth Holsgrove
TMO: Rowan Kitt
By ale shark
I just got a team announcement email from the club.

The title of the the email was Tigers v Saracens :no:
By Flumpty
ale shark wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:07 pm
I just got a team announcement email from the club.

The title of the the email was Tigers v Saracens :no:
So it is !!!!
By chris1850
That's a heck of a good Sarries team. We are looking pretty strong as well but they just have better players in several positions
By SimonG
chris1850 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:01 pm
That's a heck of a good Sarries team. We are looking pretty strong as well but they just have better players in several positions
There is of course a reason for that!
By Beardedshark
I like our side and it’s almost as strong as we could put out however not many of our side would get into the sarries side.

2 backs maybe 3 forwards
By Van Cannonball
Seems a bit odd for Sarries to play Goode and Malins that way around. Are they using Malins exclusively in back 3 then and not at all at 10?
By Olyy
Just seen that Joe Jones is back at Coventry - would've rather sent Oosthuizen that way instead tbh
Van Cannonball wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:24 pm
Seems a bit odd for Sarries to play Goode and Malins that way around. Are they using Malins exclusively in back 3 then and not at all at 10?
Yup, Malins is a fullback who covers wing and 10 these days - Sarries have Farrell, Goode, Lozowki and Vunipola ahead of him at flyhalf
By Clutch
Bit harsh.

Rafi, AJ, McGuigan, I’d take Rohan ahead of Tomkins
Akker, Lood, Ross, Curry.

That’s half the team. Most are 50/50
Beardedshark wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:04 pm
I like our side and it’s almost as strong as we could put out however not many of our side would get into the sarries side.

2 backs maybe 3 forwards
By DavenportSharky
Joe Jones was presumably on temporary loan from Coventry to Sale rather a dual registration. It maybe that Coventry simply called him back just as we have with Ashman.
By Olyy
Yeah I'm guessing we've said they can have him back every weekend we're not playing him, cause it looks like Harper is still going to be out for a while
By ageinghoody
Clutch wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:40 pm
Bit harsh.

Rafi, AJ, McGuigan, I’d take Rohan ahead of Tomkins
Akker, Lood, Ross, Curry.

That’s half the team. Most are 50/50
Beardedshark wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:04 pm

2 backs maybe 3 forwards
Curry x 2 ?
By Beardedshark
I was referring to the starting 15. Ben lood and akker, raffi and Rohan. Still like the side and have a sneaking suspicion we could pull it off.
By Clutch
Our 3/4 are woeful ball in hand. Decent shape but runners so ineffective esp Hanmersley and James. So easy to defend against.
By Olyy
Scrum getting battered

I wonder how different it is scrummaging on plastic vs turf, and does that have an effect?
We don't have the strongest scrum in the league but our first choice front row is rarely taken apart so easily/thoroughly
By Clutch
He was ok against SA. Hence the reason we are potentially looking for a new forwards coach
By StalyShark
Clutch wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:21 pm
He was ok against SA. Hence the reason we are potentially looking for a new forwards coach
Koch is a better scrummager than Nyakane.
By Olyy
If being beaten by Koch means you're not an international player then there are literally no international looseheads in the world
By Olyy
Another concussion for Ross,
He can't be far from retirement, considering he missed a large chunk of last season for concussion reasons
By StalyShark
Has Rodd ever done that well against anyone in the scrum? He’s still too young and lightweight to go through a Prem 3.
By Olyy
We're just shovelling the ball the wing but not working to make sure there's any space out there

Hospital pass after hospital pass
By Clutch
Structure fine. Get into good positions but James Hammersley and sometimes AJ do ponderous. More I watch the more it’s clear it’s a personnel issue
By 45jumper
Deacon should be handed his P45 after the game, this attacking is absolutely awful.
All of these good players, all of this ball and absolutely nothing to show for it. Sick of it, game after game this is the case.
By Olyy
That did feel very harsh, Schoenert got out of there as quickly as humanly possible and had no effect on Sarries ability to join the ruck
Never ending word association thread

Bam https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=t[…]

Nic Dolly rumoured to be leaving Tigers Had a r[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]

Ask the Club

Was sent my tickets electronically today to go[…]