By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 7th September 2019.

Sale FC 22 - 46 Cinderford

Alas, not a good start to our season with three interception tries gifted to the Visitors and missed tackles, knock ons and dropped balls aplenty from Sale FC. Let’s just hope that this was a case of “opening night nerves” rather than a reflection of our preparations for what could turn out to be a tough season if this is our form.

Unfortunately, it blows out of the water my confident prediction that we would have a 100% record of try bonus wins during this term! :lol

Onwards and upwards - I hope. :pray:
North One West
Wilmslow 36 Burnage 32

A very close game which could have gone our way with some joined up thinking 🤔
You might be less than surprised to learn that Mark Jennings played a significant part in securing the victory.
iBozz liked this
Kendal started this season in a similar vein to how they end their relegation season
Durham 45 - Kendal 5 in North 1 East
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/teams/921 ... 076/report

The 2nds had a better day, beating Waterloo Firwood 2nds 48-30

The Wasps beat Hartlepool Ladies 27-22 at Hartlepool & Senior Colts beat Preston Grasshoppers 33 - 0
Last edited by Flumpty on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeGC liked this
By iBozz
The Southport Ladies v Sale 1861 match, due to be played on Sunday, 8th September, was postponed because Southport were unable to raise a team. The revised date and time is to be decided.
By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 14th September 2019.

Rotherham 31 - 20 Sale FC

Now 15th out of 16. Not a good start to the season so far, let’s just hope that things improve as we settle in. :sad:
By iBozz
NC 1 North West: Sunday, 15th September 2019.

Sale 1861 90 - 0 Burnley Ladies

16 tries for the 1861 Ladies in their first league match outing since formation last season.
From today
Wetherby Ladies 10 Kendal Wasps 19
Kendal U16's 34 Blackburn U16's 7

Ibozz - someone told me that Sale 2nds have withdrawn from their League as they can't raise a team. Is that right, or have they got teh wrong end of a stick ?

It looks like all of Sale 2nd teams fixtures have been liquidated from the League
https://www.nowirul.org.uk/nowirul.nsf/ ... eshKW_Team
Last edited by Flumpty on Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By iBozz
Flumpty wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:48 pm
Ibozz - someone told me that Sale 2nds have withdrawn from their League as they can't raise a team. Is that right, or have they got teh wrong end of a stick ?
I don’t know, I shall make enquiries and report back anon.
By iBozz
iBozz wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 pm
Flumpty wrote:
I don’t know, I shall make enquiries and report back anon.
I quote from a reply to my email query to SFC (the Club which, apparently, never sleeps so can answer queries late on a Sunday night!): “We didn’t withdraw our 2XV from the league as the decision was taken not to enter the league this season.”
By MikeGC
Flumpty wrote:

It looks like all of Sale 2nd teams fixtures have been liquidated from the League
I heard that rumour on Saturday.
The word was that Birkenhead Park had a team ready to play/travel only to be informed that Sale FC 2nd XV couldn’t raise a side.
Of course that came to me third/fourth hand and may have been amended as most involved had been subject to the application of strong drink.
MikeGC wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:05 am
Flumpty wrote:

I heard that rumour on Saturday.
The word was that Birkenhead Park had a team ready to play/travel only to be informed that Sale FC 2nd XV couldn’t raise a side.
Of course that came to me third/fourth hand and may have been amended as most involved had been subject to the application of strong drink.
Cheers both. I heard something similar to what Mike posted.
Do Sale run a 2nd team/ Dev team ?
By iBozz
I think that it was more the case, based upon the reply to my query, that we never entered the league this term, not that we were in it but then unable to raise a team.

Quite what the timetable for all this was I know not, maybe a fixture list was drawn up before all Clubs had confirmed membership of the league, or maybe wires were crossed, or maybe it is just one of those FUBARs that occur from time to time.

Who really knows? I don’t and I am currently unable to get down to Heywood Road (or indeed tha AJB) in order to do any sleuthing and maybe unable to go for several more weeks.

You could email the Club or Message them via this august and highly esreemed forum if you want more information.
Flumpty, MikeGC liked this
By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 21st September 2019.

Sale FC 26 - 15 Old Elthamians 14th of 16.

A much need confidence boosting win, after our last two poor showings, against the Club who beat us in the promotion play-offs a couple of seasons ago.
By iBozz
NC1 North West: Sunday, 22nd September 2019.

Following a pitch inspection this morning, the NC1 NW game between Leigh Ladies and Sale 1861 was postponed as the pitch was deemed unplayable.
Kendals Senior Colts made it 2 from 2 with a 43 - 17 win at home against Wigan Senior Colts.

Kendal U13 Girls also had a winning start to the season at teh Keswick Festival. Played 4, won 2, drew 1, lost 1.
This time last season, no girls rugby going on in Cumbria - yesterday had 150 players enjoying a days rugby in the sun. With Festivals running every 3 weeks or so until Christmas, hopefully the number of happy participants will carry on increasing.
iBozz liked this
By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 28th September 2019

Canterbury 7 - 27 Sale FC

Now 8th of 16 after a much needed try bonus away win.
By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 5th October 2019

Sale FC 13 - 46 Rosslyn Park

Now 13th of 16. A good(ish) day at the office - until half time (10 - 17), after which it all fell apart. :sad:
iBozz wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:43 pm
National 1: Saturday, 5th October 2019

Sale FC 13 - 46 Rosslyn Park

Now 13th of 16. A good(ish) day at the office - until half time (10 - 17), after which it all fell apart. :sad:
How did the Sharks, old and new do?
By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 12th October 2019.

Sale FC 43 - 18 Blackheath

10th of 16.

After last week's disaster against Rosslyn Park this was a superb turn-round and, apart from taking a little siesta at the start of the second half (they had a pep talk, we had diazepam), we were firing on all cylinders and ran in six tries to Blackheath's two.
By iBozz
NC 1 North West: Saturday, 12th October 2019

Vagabond Ladies 8 - 31 Sale 1861
By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 19th October 2019.

Plymouth 33 - 22 Sale FC

14th of 16. We lost by 6 tries to 3.
By iBozz
Friendly: Wednesday, 23rd October 2019.

Macclesfield Ladies 5 - 35 Sale 1861

As I understand it (I wasn’t there and am relying on information received and, I hope, correctly remembered - E&OE), a game of four “halves” and ten players per side. Nevertheless, a run out for both Clubs which, no doubt, gave them some useful practice.
By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 26th October 2019.

Sale FC 20 - 3 Cambridge.

Now 12th of 16.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]