It's a pretty crass thing for Orange to have said.

Orange also stated that it is relatively easy to get round the cap: “I am sure they (Premiership Rugby) have an investigative team, but if they said to me we want to check CorpArq’s books, I’ve got nothing to hide, but I’d still tell them, ‘no’.”

He added: “The truth of the matter is, if you wanted to do it, it’s easy to do. I am involved in 30 different companies, and if any of those companies decided to pay the players or employ their wives… I am not saying nobody could find out, but the audit wouldn’t find out.”
He does state:-
"No-one is suggesting that Sale, who have 40 players listed in their European Cup squad, have achieved this by breaking the salary cap – "

Do you think he's being disingenuous there, or maybe setting up his defence in case m'learned friends start sniffing round?
Have you listened to the SO interview on Shark tank?

He says that his input into the current salary cap review is that he would like any future deliberate breaches punished by permanent expulsion (or something in that ballpark).

So he’s either exceedingly confident that we will stay within the rules, or that we’d be a lot cleverer about covering anything up than Sarries were....
Nick Cain was one of the main reporters defending Saracens and that their punishment was too harsh......seems he has decided to hint at other clubs are breaching and started with us. :nottalking:
I wouldn’t be surprised if Quins are next for signing Ashton :crazy:

My favourite bit was “sale could be mistaken for a South African franchise”
Only joshing H's D!

As for The Cheats cheating the last investigation covered the three seasons prior to this and found they cheated in each of those. Prior to that there was an investigation into the two seasons before this which resulted in The Cheats paying a settlement fee to prevent the results of their cheating being published (which has subsequently been confirmed by a number of those involved). Plus they chose to be relegated than hand over their books this season so clearly they are still cheating now. So that makes at least six years and it's a pretty fair bet (although of course unproven) that they were cheating before that. A corrupt club that it seems is still to be allowed to corrupt the game.
ale shark wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:21 pm
I don’t follow currency markets but does employing so many foreign nationals potentially create an issue, especially at contract renegotiation time and if they’re all from the same country? I know it can work both ways though.
Surely that could only be a potential issue if the salary was expressed in the local currency of the player's own country rather than sterling.

I suppose a significant increase in that currency's value might make any renewal offer less attractive.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]